"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

if you don't have any idea about characters back ground, their porpose or principle then first class is not for you...

Save the elitism. First Class doesn't share any similarities to the First Class series or the initial X-Men much like all of the FOX produced comic flicks. It was not a good comic book movie and had a cheesy vibe overall.

i forgot first class even existed
laugh.gif

Save the elitism. First Class doesn't share any similarities to the First Class series or the initial X-Men much like all of the FOX produced comic flicks. It was not a good comic book movie and had a cheesy vibe overall.

Thank you.

Last edited:
if you don't have any idea about characters back ground, their porpose or principle then first class is not for you...
when i was starting to know X-Men about two decades ago.lol i was lucky to bumped in with a much older guy in comic shop where i used to hang out. this guy knows his Marvel/X-Men stuff deep! i ask him about all X-Men stuff and he has all the answers and explanation to back it up. thats why when i watch the first class it really connected to me especially in the major parts that was pretty close in the comics...
i always thought the guy i talked to was the shop ower but i didn't ask anyway.
So your friend's explanation of Xavier's crippling made you connect with the movie? 
eek.gif
 That guy knows everything!

Love this plot. Much potential in this movie. First class was great, but I felt it got mad corny towards the middle of the movie. Got mad corny and cartoonish.

I just think considering, First Class was a lot better then other comic book movies out there. I think it was better then both Iron Mans, both Hulks, Thor, Captain America, and some of the X-Mens. It had some light crappy moments but the ending was cool and the two leads were awesome.

I just think considering, First Class was a lot better then other comic book movies out there. I think it was better then both Iron Mans, both Hulks, Thor, Captain America, and some of the X-Mens. It had some light crappy moments but the ending was cool and the two leads were awesome.
To each his own, but it wasn't better than IM 1 or Norton's Hulk. I'm in the minority who thought Thor was good. I haven't seen Captain America yet so I can't judge. The X-Men series in general is overrated when you look back at it.

First Class started off good the the story line made Hollywood a priority over factual depiction of the original, I can't stand when movies do that ...you force Darwin into the movie THEN kill him for no reason other than to kill Darwin. Sacrificed FUTURE X-Men films explaining Xavier's wheelchair confinement. 

Beast, Iceman, no Angel...replaced Lenny Kravitz's daughter ...it's slapped together POORLY, they tried to mash a prequel into an ALREADY mutilated X-men movie franchise.

First Class started off good the the story line made Hollywood a priority over factual depiction of the original, I can't stand when movies do that ...you force Darwin into the movie THEN kill him for no reason other than to kill Darwin. Sacrificed FUTURE X-Men films explaining Xavier's wheelchair confinement. 

Beast, Iceman, no Angel...replaced Lenny Kravitz's daughter ...it's slapped together POORLY, they tried to mash a prequel into an ALREADY mutilated X-men movie franchise.

yup. The movies thus far havent been very good. Thats the only reason I like this new idea. If they can somehow reboot everything with this time travel premise, hopefully a good x men movie can happen in a few more years after that.

So your friend's explanation of Xavier's crippling made you connect with the movie? :wow:  That guy knows everything!

nah... not that part and i didn't even say the guy was my freind.lol

one of the parts that i really like in the movie and what i remember my "friend" told me based on the comics that Charles and Mags became the best of friends in many level but in some issues they'll be the worst of enemies... there times that they'll be allies and times they're not

nah... not that part and i didn't even say the guy was my freind.lol
one of the parts that i really like in the movie and what i remember my "friend" told me based on the comics that Charles and Mags became the best of friends in many level but in some issues they'll be the worst of enemies... there times that they'll be allies and times they're not

Correct me if I'm wrong but that was the case with the first 3 films right (Steward/McKellen)? I mean they were depicted as long time friends right?

As for the Marvel films of the past 10 years, I'd put my 5 (in no order) as:

• The Incredible Hulk (Norton)
  • Spider-Man 2
  • The Avengers
  • Iron Man
  • First Class/Thor (tie)

Marvel really needs to take notes from TDK trilogy and work on its villains...
Well in First Class, Magneto was the best part of the movie. In the Batman movies the villains overshadowed Batman/Bale except for Batman Begins. Liam Neeson and The Scarecrow were ok.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that was the case with the first 3 films right (Steward/McKellen)? I mean they were depicted as long time friends right?

yeah but for the casual movie goers or Marvel fans of the movies and not the comics, when you say Magneto, for them, he's an evil vllian thats it... up until a lot of poeple that i talked to that saw first class can't believed that Charles and Mags where used to be buddies:lol:

^
They must have never watched the cartoons on Fox. Didn't they also hint in the previous X-Men movies that they were friends?

If staying true to the source material is THE most important thing to you.. Then I understand complaints or criticisms.

But that doesn't matter to be honest. A good movie > an accurate adaptation. I'd love it if they could do both, but if one is going to suffer, it should be how accurate it is to the comics.

The first one was well received by critics, by the audience, and by the box office. It wasn't perfect, but it was still very good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom