"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Yea. Just looked it up. That Battleship movie did 65 million on a 209 million dollar budget. The Mars movie - John Carter - did 73 million on a 250 million dollar.

I don't think an actor has ever been a part of back to back flops like that as the lead. Dude must've needed therapy for a minute lol.

It probably didn't cross Disney's mind at all to recast Taylor Kitsch as Gambit in the Apocalypse movie..

Last edited:
Kitsch was also in Savages and most importantly Lone Survivor.

As for why no Sentinals, I believe it's due to the program being on ice. It's easy enough to understand the research and development and cost for the program would be considerate. They simply may not have been ready til the future.

Once again how was Shadowcat able to do that?
Just cuz.

They tried to stretch the idea that cuz she can phase through solids she somehow developed the power to phase ppl's consciousness through time a few days to a month. Probably a key difference from the comics but I guess they just wanted to keep Kitty in it cuz she's the one that time travels in the comics.

Last edited:
Prof X was old as ****, walking, using his powers, and still buddies with Mag when he went to the Grey house to recruit Jean. Someone explain.

Prof X was old as ****, walking, using his powers, and still buddies with Mag when he went to the Grey house to recruit Jean. Someone explain.

3rd film, new director, same cast. The idea for younger recastings didn't come til First Class.

Somethin I been chewin on......Mystique kills Trask, the Sentinel program is approved, but now the driving force is gone. That might partially explain the need for 50 years to pass before they could launch working Sentinels that were actual threats.

Also, along the current flows of a river, Charles was out of it in 73. Eric in prison. Something had to change their course, at some point. Someone had to get Eric out, and someone had to snap Charles back to helping locate Mutant kids. Maybe it was always Logan?????

They had approached him in 62. Maybe he was always meant to go back and get them out. Sort of a John Connor sends his own father back in time, only, how would the first John even come to be? :lol:

Movie surpassed my expectations. Jus don't like trying them try to force feed us that that trash X3 was canon. **** has so many Holes in it

tired.gif
 that gambit was so lame

Saw it last night. I wish there was more quicksilver in the film. Everyone was dying laughing at the kitchen scene.

Also what was the name of the other mutants besides toad that Mystique broke out?

I enjoyed it..

But I have some nit picky things that bothered me..

1) it is specifically explained to magneto the repercussions of the death of trask.. So killing all those people to prove a point still made sense to him.. And he goes from trying kill mystique to save everyone.. To thinking he should kill the president and everyone there

2) mystique is a shapeshifter, so I don't know how her powers would be able to give the future sentinels the ability to mimic the mutant powers of the mutants.. I wish they did more with the dead mutants.. Something along the lines of the, studying them and adapting their powers into the future sentinels.. But all we can really gather is that they found a way to detect mutants

3) always hate how they underpower iceman

They should have gone with apocalypse being behind the whole thing like in the cartoon

Well he explains it. At first he tries to kill off Mystique - but when he messes up and it gets all over the news, he feels like the original repercussions are inevitable. Even without Mystique murdering Trask, that public showdown was probably enough to get his program approved and funded (and it was).

He decides to attack the president publicly and try to gather mutants while the world is still unprepared for their power. The only reason the humans got that far in the future was due to the Sentinal program - with that program in its infancy and with Magneto in control of the only 8 working ones - it's safe to say the humans would struggle.

Also at the start of X3, Kitty, Iceman, Colossus, Storm, and Wolvie are in the danger room for training.  Colossus throws wolverine and a sentinel's head pops off.  I forgot they threw a sentinel in movies already

Also, along the current flows of a river, Charles was out of it in 73. Eric in prison. Something had to change their course, at some point. Someone had to get Eric out, and someone had to snap Charles back to helping locate Mutant kids. Maybe it was always Logan?????
Nah, most likely a set of different circumstances. If it was Logan, Xavier would've recognized him as the guy who got him back on his feet when he showed up in X1, same for Magneto since that would've been the guy that helped break him out.

This is some good thinking though, kinda opens the door to introduce a new mutant (or two) one that hasn't shown up that was suppose to do those things but in this new timeline does something else important.

probably posted already, but will again just in case.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/6-major-continuity-problems-in-the-x-men-movies-86639163567.html

[h1]6 Major Continuity Problems in the 'X-Men' Movies[/h1]

Matt McDanielManaging EditorMay 25, 2014

3a36cc44322d3ab4a07e2997da95733aaa3bd783.jpg

X-Men: Days of Future Past  involves Wolverine time-traveling back to 1973 to change history. However, if you look at the previous six X-Men-related movies, you’ll see that the directors and writers have been messing with history all along — though not necessarily on purpose. After rewatching all seven films, we found six major incongruities that just don’t jibe — and you can’t blame Wolverine for these. (Spoilers follow  for those who haven’t seen DOFP.)

d24252e3a00ab87558a6171204dcb6e54285152b.jpg

When did Professor X and Magneto meet?
In the original movie, Charles Xavier (played by Patrick Stewart) tells Wolverine, “When I was 17, I met a young man named Erik Lehnsherr,” aka Magneto (Ian McKellen). But inFirst Class, Charles (then played by James McAvoy) is seen as a child in 1944, and he meets Erik (Michael Fassbender) 18 years later in 1962. Director Bryan Singer takes the blame for that error, telling SciFiNow  that he now regrets writing that line in the first script.

[Related: Who Was the Villain in the ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Post-Credits Scene?]

483c537b31406461a80a312041cee025903cb169.jpg

When did Professor X and Magneto become enemies?
First Class  ends in 1962 with Charles and Erik having fought and split apart over their philosophical differences of whether humans and mutants can coexist.  But in the flashback to 1986 at the beginning of X-Men: The Last Stand, which flashes back to 1986, the two are apparently still friends, and they go together to recruit Jean Grey to enroll in Xavier’s school. And that’s not the only continuity problem with that scene…

f95d98b1735181a51f06c5e58a536e6dd99e724c.jpg

When was Professor X paralyzed?
In the climax of First Class, Magneto deflects a bullet that hits Xavier in the spine, causing him to lose the use of his legs.Days of Future Past  sees Charles in 1973 taking a drug that allows him to walk again but at the cost of his mutant powers; he eventually gives it up and returns to the wheelchair. However, in X-Men Origins: Wolverine  (set in the late ’70s) and the mid-’80s flashback in Last Stand, Professor X can walk and use his psychic abilities.

3d4663035cf910dba42184c7d85aa6320886555d.jpg

How is Professor X alive (and still looking like himself)?
Jean Grey disintegrates Prof. X in the middle of The Last Stand, but it is set up that he can input his consciousness into another body, which he does during the post-credits scene. And while you don’t see the face of the vegetative coma patient he takes over, how it is that when he wakes up he still looks just like Professor X? Last Stand  director Brett Ratner said in the DVD commentary  that the man in the coma is Xavier’s twin brother, but Charles never mentions having a sibling in any movie. And even if he did, is his brother also confined to a wheelchair? Did he take a bullet for Magneto’s twin?

b2a23b45b51c80600f5317006666c4468d1580dc.jpg

When did Professor X start his school?
According to the official X-Men website 25moments.com, Xavier started his school for mutants in 1963. But in the first movie, the Professor says that Cyclops and Jean Grey “were some of my first students.” The timelines just don’t match up, with Prof. X first encountering Cyclops in the late ’70s in X-Men Origins, and subsequently recruiting Jean in the mid-’80s.

5b15a8daed1b04390b0dae89ea66756173301c42.jpg

How are there two versions of some people?
Moira MacTaggert, as played by Rose Byrne, is a young American CIA agent in the early ’60s in First Class. Moira MacTaggert as played by Olivia Williams is a not-much older Scottish geneticist in the modern day scenes of The Last Stand. Also, Emma Frost was a teenager in the ’70s in 2009’sOrigins: Wolverine, but she was also an adult in 1962 in First Class  (and — SPOILER — Magneto says she was killed sometime before 1973 in Days of Future Past). Plus, the hulking, mute Sabretooth of 2000’s X-Men  is nothing like the verbose and clever Victor Creed (played by Liev Schrieber) in 2009’s Wolverine.

[Related: How Much Do ‘X-Men’ McAvoy and Fassbender Look Like a Young Stewart and McKellen?

There are plenty of other smaller incongruities between the films. Xavier says he and Magneto built Cerebro in the first movie, but it was Hank “Beast” McCoy’s creation in First Class. Xavier doesn’t understand how Magneto’s helmet blocks his psychic powers in the 2000 original, but he does in the prequel. Little goofs like that get into the realm of nitpicking. Meanwhile, Bryan Singer says the next film, X-Men: Apocalypse, will be set in the 1980s, so who know how that will further scramble up the timeline. Maybe it will answer the biggest question of all: After 200 years, why hasn’t Wolverine ever tried a different hairstyle?

they shoulda been after rogue's DNA not mystiques. she can't mimic powers...
this would have made more sense.. but it wouldnt have made for a great superhero movie (since the mutants would be fighting powerless once the sentinels zapped their powers).. have them study mutants that they capture or are dead (so they would have all the mutants that died in 1st class and the ones that died in between these 2 movies)

then they could use rogue's powers to zap other mutants of their powers.. and then turn and use them against the other mutants

Last edited:
 He decides to attack the president publicly and try to gather mutants while the world is still unprepared for their power. The only reason the humans got that far in the future was due to the Sentinal program - with that program in its infancy and with Magneto in control of the only 8 working ones - it's safe to say the humans would struggle.
that makes sense.. take out everyone involved and squash the program before it even has a chance to get off the ground.. 

instead of stopping the thing that triggers the rise of the program.. just demolish the program and everything involved

saw this again lol when Quicksilver asked Magneto why he was locked up "Whatcha do man? come on whatcha do whatcha doooooooooooooo?"

and " Whip.....Laaaaaaaash"

:rofl: that dude had Zero patience

they really NEED to bring Quicksilver back for the next movie

Scumbag Charles stole the show imo

the post cred scene was cool. woulda been even cooler if i didnt know what was going on

1st time i seen the movie was with a theater of college kids. 2nd time was a theater filled with old folks. not sure if all the old folks understood all the small jokes and nuances. except the old guy beside me, he loved it and he clapped @ the end lol

I really gotta give Singer his props on this film. He just came back and did the movies his way again. The x2 theme in the beginning was comedy :lol:

Not sure if I mentioned this before (of if someone else already mentioned it), but the ending where Kitty and Piotr were together teaching was a very cool nod.

Saw it Saturday night and loved it, by far the best X-Men film imo. Glad they decided to let Professor X be the star of the film, he brought some great emotion to the movie. As for the ending with Mystique as Stryker, I think she's working with/for Apocalypse/Sinister and Wolverine gets his adamantium through that.

Back
Top Bottom