DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

i think you overestimate how many of the general public actually pay attention to that stuff and affects them watching the films

it may affect it by a couple of millions but im not going to get over it being the JL, people watched that cartoon and its the most famous comic book hero group ever made but snyders past films has managed to turn them off

look back, im with yall on the love but looking back, all the signs were there and it was all bad

i saw an early preview of BvS and everyone (not even an exaggeration) came out of the theater with a whimper and scratching their heads and those are the die hard fans and supposed snyder stans

BvS and JL werent the spectacles they should have been.

the lack of character build up i think hindered those movies. these projects were shoe horned together to play catch up and IMO it backfired.

while im sad Cavill is gone because he deserved MoS2, it was best for DC to wipe the slate clean and rid themselves of the Snyder baggage.

im optimistic in what Gunn will bring to the table but only time will tell. until then im just gonna enjoy the ride of all the reboot news that is going to start circulating over the next year.

and its not like the snyder cut is 10x better, its better for sure but again he doesnt know how to edit his films so he had to make a what? 4hour JL film?

and its not like the snyder cut is 10x better, its better for sure but again he doesnt know how to edit his films so he had to make a what? 4hour JL film?

i thought the expanded Cyborg stuff was cool but overall didnt do much more for me. like it couldve been the initial cut of the film and id still have the same thoughts on it. lol

Snyder fans need to let go and let that **** die.

Believe it was originally supposed to be a 2 parter that’s why the cut was 4 hours.

see, too many excuses :lol:

not saying your a snyder fan but it was supposed to be 2 parter but even before production started, it was already scaled back to one film so he was set to make one film

but then he cant help himself and just threw everything in there because he is not a good storyteller and he tried to cram as much as possible

Us Snyder fans didn't ask for black Adam. Just like we didn't ask for Birds of Prey, WW84, or The Suicide Squad. I don't see how the failure of those movies is reflective on us. All we've been asking for is the conclusion to the JL trilogy. Hell, I could even accept the end of the snyderverse but to not have Henry as superman is unacceptable.
You guys wanted the Snyder cut so bad basically had to sacrifice Cavill as Superman to get it.

WB didn't release that in good faith or with high hopes. Toxic fans forced their hands. The second it released it pretty much guaranteed the end of the Snyder era and all the actors attached to it.

James Gunn needs to just outright stop replying to these lunatics…Him countering every single rumor that they churn up isn’t doing anybody any good…They’ll just drag something else out for him to have to respond to tomorrow…

Fisher and Ayer crawling out from under their rocks to lump Gunn in with prior WB execs just pushed this stuff past the point of being absurd…

giphy.webp

what a swerve. rock was luring superman out of retirement to do a job for him but it end up rock being the jobber in the end

Gunn checked The Rock into the Smackdown Hotel on the corner of Know Your Role Blvd and Jabroni Drive. I don't know if this next Shazam movie is going to be good but if it is and Gunn keeps the actor, The Rock as Black Adam needs to put his rudy poo candy *** in the sequel.

Anyone that’s mad at Gunn about the Cavill thing should be mad at Snyder more. He did y’all a disservice and that’s why his era was short lived and the slate is clean.

Back
Top Bottom