DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

WW84 is the biggest steaming pile of monkey crap this side of the equator (to borrow The Rock's slang). Black Adam is trash too but not as trash as WW84. I knew they ****ed up when they wanted to give Black Adam his own movie after Shazam. And it's because of The Rock's ego. He thought he was too important to play a villain in someone else's movie even though Shazam and Black Adam are supposed to be in the same movie. It's like Sony doing Venom movies without Spider-Man except Shazam and Black Adam are under the same company, which in a way is worse. With that attitude, The Rock should have never been cast as Black Adam.

rockys done with wb/dc, he never posted about BAs release on HBO Max this past weekend
I didn't want to get in to speculating but yeah he seems that petty :lol:

Better to say nothing for now. I knew he been trying to make a deal to go elsewhere as far as a superhero movies go.
is black adam as bad as ww84? cuz if it is im not even gonna bother watching it on hbo max
No.

Nothing in the past 5 years is as bad at that. Unless you count Morbius.

“It was a dream of a lifetime to play Black Adam… but I will be taking a leave from the DC Universe. Thank you everybody who made this possible!”

im just really excited to see something like phases in DC, have some stories that lead to a big event

they dont have to follow marvel but they really should follow marvel

f what people say, i want to see endgame level/caliber after a few years of built up

WW84 is the biggest steaming pile of monkey crap this side of the equator (to borrow The Rock's slang). Black Adam is trash too but not as trash as WW84. I knew they ****ed up when they wanted to give Black Adam his own movie after Shazam. And it's because of The Rock's ego. He thought he was too important to play a villain in someone else's movie even though Shazam and Black Adam are supposed to be in the same movie. It's like Sony doing Venom movies without Spider-Man except Shazam and Black Adam are under the same company, which in a way is worse. With that attitude, The Rock should have never been cast as Black Adam.
Listen, I think some knew the deal 15 years ago.

Way back when he wanted to join the MCU and there were Luke Cage rumors (that he was probably generating) he got to meet with Feige. I'm sure Kevin made it clear he'd be a part of a large story and him as Cage would not be getting top tier main spotlight treatment. He really didn't fit any other heroes or villain that well either. So he moved on to the much more disorganized DC/WB.

The Rock is the big reason a Shazam movie was even made. It was always his plan to establish Black Adam as a big thing and make him more than a Shazam villain. That is ego but he is the star and there's enough flexibility there to make it work. I mean Dr. Doom is more than a F4 villain and could arguably have his own solo movies. Its really just about the script and director and most importantly execution.

Clearly nobody in charge cared if Black Adam should just be a Shazam villain or not and what mattered more.was landing a bankable movie stars like The Rock and making him happy.

Last edited:
Who’s Gunn’s wife? Lol

she's gon be like DCs nick fury

:rofl:

Untitled.png

BA was pretty bad. Should of just made him Shazam’s villain.

It was dope seeing him kill so many people. So he was definitely a villain. Funny how they just glossed over that. Over so many things actually.
I hate when they try to force kids into films.
kid from The Predator
Kid in IM3
This kid in BA
I don’t know who we were supposed to root for :lol: JS or BA.
Cyclone and AS were useless. Cyclone was cute. AS was an idiot. Didn’t deserve that power and had no redeeming qualities. At least with Paul Rudd he is loveable.
Not sure if Rock was suppose to be a villain, Anti-hero, burdened father…
He came out killing like immediately, doesn’t know why he saved the mom. Is homies with the kid

Movie was just not good. Best part was Dr fate and even he was underpowered.

This sound like the same **** all over again :lol: WB begging anybody to run DC. 15 years later no change. Their top choice declines. Settle for someone else.

This is the result of WB caving and letting Snyder finish his cut of Justice League…All it did was embolden the “Snyder-Verse” fans to the extent that they feel like they’re entitled to get what they want out of the DCU no matter what…This whole thing has been a mess since BvS and Gunn trying to satiate the vocal minority isn’t doing anybody any favors…

James would be better served to just stop replying to these people and move on with his plans…They’ll continually keep finding stuff to complain about no matter how much he pushes back on them anyways…

#firejamesgunn has been trending ever since his hiring

snyder stans always got them twitter fingers

i dont like that cavil not coming back but im happy that they are going to start from scratch.

black adam should be recast first just to piss rock off even more 🤣

..........all I can think about is cartoon James Gunn from the Harley Quinn show sending all those tweets and making those changes

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom