DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

is ironic if he is given how much he hated his role as Bats….but Im all for a Clooney Bats taking the reigns…lol

I don’t even think Clooney being the DCU Batman is the intention…

I honestly feel like that was a jab at the Snyder-verse that Gunn threw in there once he got the gig…Like the DCEU was a complete joke so not only does Flash end it, but it ends it with the worst on screen Batman of all time playing up a gag…

I don’t even think Clooney being the DCU Batman is the intention…

I honestly feel like that was a jab at the Snyder-verse that Gunn threw in there once he got the gig…Like the DCEU was a complete joke so not only does Flash end it, but it ends it with the worst on screen Batman of all time playing up a gag…

The middle finger to Snyder is definitely the only reason for that. Petty master Gunn:lol:

The middle finger to Snyder is definitely the only reason for that. Petty master Gunn:lol:

Honestly, I half expected the stinger to be Gunn on screen saying ~This is the best super hero movie ever~ as he smiled and winked at the audience…It’s pretty obvious that’s why that ending was there, and why he made that quote several months ago.

Clooney has openly mocked his version of Batman multiple times in the past…

For sure as soon as Gunn got the job he put a call in to Clooney offering him to gag on that one more time, and this time get paid to do it…

The DCEU is over and James Gunn made sure it went out with laugh :lol:

Last edited:
definitely has to be the end of the Snyderverse. They ended it perfectly with Clooney. But I can see more films incorporating more Batman. A lil surprised Brandon Routh didn’t have a cameo unless I missed it. Cage looked awesome.

Sasha is absolutely BEAUTIFUL…

Bro she was sooooooooooo beautiful as super girl. That short hair and that resting anguish face that she's got was so good. Can't wait for all the cosplays this Halloween lol

So now that I've digested it, wow this was MILES better than I thought it would be.

Ezra Miller was fantastic, hands down he killed it. I never read Flash so I didn't know he was neurotic and mouthy ala deadpool but he played it amazingly. I'm used to the WB series Flash but so this was a great take. Despite all his shenanigans, he did the damn thing.

Yeah some CGI heavy scenes looked like they coulda used another 6 months in post but honestly it didn't take away from the movie for me. I loved what they did with his suit.

There were a few good Easter eggs i caught or maybe alluded to them so I def want to see it again to see more.

And yeah Cavill Supes was hella strong man. He washed Zod and his crew, the JL and Steppenwolf. Remember he's pretty much a god. Supergirl has always been weaker and not as strong as Supes in the comics i believe. But yes the fact that Kal El has been on earth for years absorbing the yellow sun helped to fuel his overall strength.

That third act was outstanding! I did not expect those homages. Really well done.

Keaton was still the Batman. When the bat wing came down I was like if they don't do the moon shot, maaaaaan. He killed it. When he said "I'm Batman" i hollered so loud. The second line they made him say, enh didn't fit. I almost thought they would make the alternate batman where it was Thomas Wayne that took the mantle.

The whole BTTF interaction was hilarious.

Solid 8.5/10 for me with re-watchability.

I’m kind of buying the ~CGI was intentional~ stuff from Andy Muschietti if I’m being honest 🤷‍♂️…There was some seriously questionable CGI usage in both IT and IT chapter 2…Couple of shots in Chapter 2 full stop take you out of the movie…The guy just seems to have an eye for bad CGI shots…

The story on Flash is solid up the third act which is painfully obvious that things probably got changed and edited multiple times before they landed on what ended up releasing…The Batman stuff being the best parts of the whole movie…Gives me hope for Brave and Bold, IF they get somebody else to wrangle in the CGI stuff…
if the effects were as bad as this.......Im IN !

I didnt smoke before watching which it probaly a good thing considering i get super judgemental when im high.

But i enjoyed it. Watching keaton whoop *** like he did was awesome.

I would have loved to see him continue on as a batman beyond kinda gig.

They def tried super hard to make this the dc version of no way home. But its one of the better if not the best dcu movie. Which isnt saying much.

Man what? Really? This was not a good movie. Hell this was borderline BAD. Only saving grace were the Keaton scenes and some of the emotional beats between the 2 Barrys in the batcave. It only finally starts to get good in the 3rd act but even that is brought down by the cheap CGI.

Supergirl was straight. Could've used more of her.

4/8 and I'm being generous here

Easily the best DCEU anything that’s released so far…

But that’s like saying a particular pile of dog **** is better than other piles of dog ****…Good riddance to the Snyder-verse…

Back
Top Bottom