DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

To be honest this stuff is just practice so that I can have rebutals for every awful thing about this movie.

Had three friends that enjoyed it but now they think it's trash because I gave them the lowdown on everything that's wrong with this filth. Could not have done it without you NT!

lol

3 friends: "I enjoyed the movie"

Sea manup: "let me give you this 45 minute powerpoint, 16 flash cards, and links to 14 plot breakdowns to explain to you why you think you had fun for 2 hours, but you didn't"

3 friends: "yeah, you're right it's trash" "let's get of here before he tells us how aquaman sucks too"
It's actually pretty easy to do though a simple friendly conversation

It's not so much about the movie being bad but how it could have been so much better. Creating a comparison is key

Why not just let people enjoy what they initially enjoyed.

You and your boys looking like this at the bar after the movie:

laugh.gif

Last edited:
How the hell do you go from enjoying a viewing to not enjoying that same viewing of the same movie?

Like...they liked it, then realized that they didn't like it?:lol:
an extreme example would be when you're in a relationship everything is great but after a breakup you start thinking back and noticing that it wasn't as great as you thought at the time.

Just start the conversation on how it could have been so much better and they will begin to fill in the blanks and do the job for me. All it takes is a little push.

How the hell do you go from enjoying a viewing to not enjoying that same viewing of the same movie?

Like...they liked it, then realized that they didn't like it?
laugh.gif
an extreme example would be when you're in a relationship everything is great but after a breakup you start thinking back and noticing that it wasn't as great as you thought at the time.

Just start the conversation on how it could have been so much better and they will begin to fill in the blanks and do the job for me. All it takes is a little push.
nerd.gif

It's not about bashing a movie, it's just having an interesting conversation about the movie which results in bashing a movie because there's just not much positive to say.

Extended director's cut aren't going to change my perception of the film simply because I feel that you need to make the movie shorter to improve the film. The last thing the film needs is to be longer

Take out the extended alternate universe sequences in the desert and Bruce's hallucination of future Barry

Take out the clip of WW looking at the clips of Flash Aquaman and Cyborg

Put versions of both clips in the post scene sequences instead

Take out almost all the unnecessary slow-mos and cutting to parts of Bat's life

Cut out Clark talking to his dead Dad for no reason

Cut out some more bs that added nothing to the main story

It was a 2.5 hour long film. With the amount of nothing that happened, it didn't have to be. Be concise, to the point, don't drag things out needlessly, and you have a 1.45 hour movie that could be more enjoyable.
THIS MAN KNOWS
I'm about to call radishes on that.

Reminds me of the amount of users suddenly rated the movie fresh on RT :lol: Aint no damn 150k ppl rushed to RT to rate the movie.

I wish the poll had the option to show who voted.

It's only 113 people *yeshrug*

Which tells me more NTers liked it than didn't
And I'm questioning if all 113 saw it.

Like I said if we were able to see who voted it'd be all the more better.
Is the WW theme an interpretation of this?

To be honest. That opening to WW theme has an Xmen cartoon theme feel.

Spot on :lol:

Every time I heard it.

Last edited:
yeah but you just sound like the biggest downer. If people are enjoying themselves what is the point of pushing them to be unhappy?

Do you say the word "actually" a lot in friendly conversation?
the goal is never to make anyone feel that they are wrong, its simply to state my opinion and be able to explain why I think the way I do.

"actually I didnt really like the movie because _________"

"you know what, I've never thought about it that way you're right"

is usually how it goes. Explaining your opinion is a lot like sales, just like how if you feel like if someone is trying to sell you something you mentally build a wall, if you feel like someone is trying to tell you that you're wrong you also build a wall. it's an ego thing. but if someone casually provides you with new information and perspectives then you will either accept or reject this new information without feeling the need to be defensive. It's a very useful skill that applies to a lot in life. 

people who say "actually" or "do you know why" a lot in friendly conversation are doing it wrong.

@sea manup  has convinced me to go watch it again, brb
me too. going for the 3rd time thanks to @sea manup  
good for you guys, all I'm trying to promote is more critical thinking when it comes to watching movies. Hopefully you can pick up new things you didnt notice on your previous viewings and learn a little more about why you like the movie or which parts you think could have been done better!

"you know what, I've never thought about it that way you're right"
when have these words ever left your keyboard, be honest 
nerd.gif
you know what, I've never thought about it that way but you're right
well played 
laugh.gif

@sea manup  has convinced me to go watch it again, brb
me too. going for the 3rd time thanks to @sea manup  
good for you guys, all I'm trying to promote is more critical thinking when it comes to watching movies. Hopefully you can pick up new things you didnt notice on your previous viewings and learn a little more about why you like the movie or which parts you think could have been done better!
fwiw, my 3 or 3.5 /8 rating shows I actually didnt like it more than actually liking it

so I guess I'm going to find out if going a 2nd time will help make more sense of the movie 

Hush is such a terrible story that i'd rather they not even touch it in all honesty.
View media item 1970749

When is the epic battle between you and Zik going to occur :smh:

lol what battle?
I'm missing out on why they want us to go at it really :lol: I know we've argued before so maybe they just want more of that? :nerd:

I read your posts on the movie. It aint like you loved it, thought it was top 5 best movies and everything you said was the exact opposite of what I said in my review :lol:

Then we'd have something to argue about.

But besides that, I really don't think this movie is worth it. After a select few in here tried to tell me MOS was a great movie cuz it's the best Superman movie why would I bother with just another version of that for this? or the weak argument about I'm looking to be entertained not coming in expecting a classic film.

I do disagree with you about Hush though but perhaps save that for another time.

critical thinking????

I'll do my critical thinking on my taxes and my decisions I make for my kids.
I'm not watching movies to have a critical thinking session, I'm watching them so me and my wife can say "oh that was cool" when Wonder Woman chops something with a sword. The constant over analysis and attacking of people who are enjoying things is not a good time.

critical thinking????

I'll do my critical thinking on my taxes and my decisions I make for my kids.
I'm not watching movies to have a critical thinking session, I'm watching them so me and my wife can say "oh that was cool" when Wonder Woman chops something with a sword. The constant over analysis and attacking of people who are enjoying things is not a good time.
that's the problem, people dont think critically enough in our society. I think it's important to help encourage it.

demanding better quality out of what you spend your money on is never a bad thing, in fact its what drives innovation and creativity. 

Isn't batman teaming up with tmnt in a current comic series? I need that crossover movie. It would be so epicly bad that I would enjoy it so much.
A Michael Bay / Zack Snyder crossover movie. It will be the first movie with a negative score but the ultimate cash cow.
Snyder's films haven't really been cash cows though.. MOS was his only film over 500 mill.. 300 made 456.. watchmen made 185.. then dawn of the dead made 102.. sucker punch with 89

Last edited:
that's the problem, people dont think critically enough in our society. I think it's important to help encourage it.

demanding better quality out of what you spend your money on is never a bad thing, in fact its what drives innovation and creativity. 

people don't think critically enough about who they vote for or what schools they go to, people enjoying or not enjoying a movie is not a societal problem, it's a difference of opinion about a popcorn flick.

Critical thinking =/= over analysis.

A lot of yall just be sounding dumb with these type of replies now.

Also nobody who has enjoyed the movie has been attacked. The exact opposite has happened in this thread. Sea man and OKB get name dropped as the main perpetrators but who have they attacked? :nerd:

Isn't batman teaming up with tmnt in a current comic series? I need that crossover movie. It would be so epicly bad that I would enjoy it so much.

A Michael Bay / Zack Snyder crossover movie. It will be the first movie with a negative score but the ultimate cash cow.

Snyder's films haven't really been cash cows though.. MOS was his only film over 500 mill.. 300 made 456.. watchmen made 185.. then dawn of the dead made 102.. sucker punch with 89

You got to look at the budget though, not saying Snyder is a cash cow (because he's had flops like Sucker Punch) but 300 had a $65m budget so making $456 is huge! Dawn of the Dead has a $26m budget with little marketing so making $102m is a win.

Last edited:
I'm missing out on why they want us to go at it really :lol: I know we've argued before so maybe they just want more of that? :nerd:

I read your posts on the movie. It aint like you loved it, thought it was top 5 best movies and everything you said was the exact opposite of what I said in my review :lol:

Then we'd have something to argue about.

But besides that, I really don't think this movie is worth it. After a select few in here tried to tell me MOS was a great movie cuz it's the best Superman movie why would I bother with just another version of that for this? or the weak argument about I'm looking to be entertained not coming in expecting a classic film.

I do disagree with you about Hush though but perhaps save that for another time.

Same :lol:

Yep. I honestly don't care all that much for the DCEU at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I liked BvS and I think there's still potential down the line with upcoming films. But this isn't the MCU or Star Wars. Hell it's not even Young Justice at the end of the day. Ain't nothing major to argue over :rofl:

See I could see us arguing over Hush and a bunch of other stories before this film too :lol: Think that can be saved when we actually get more info on their plans for Batman and a solo film. I don't really think Hush is all that likely anyways. At least not with the appearance of that vandalized Robin costume. The setup for a Red Hood film is just too good to ignore.

Critically thinking about a comic book movie
roll.gif

It's really not that serious.
the last version of batman on the big screen was a borderline oscar film that touched upon many philosophical topics surrounding modern society while still being a fun, enjoyable action movie.

why cant these movies be held to a higher standard? is it too much to ask for 400 million dollars to be put into something more than meaningless gibberish? 

Back
Top Bottom