DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Make sure to write several posts in a row about how ugly Maggie was

will do
I feel like we already did that or maybe it was a different Maggie movie :lol:

It usually goes ppl say she's super ugly and her brother in a wig would look better and then a handful of ppl who saw Secretary say she was really sexy in and have been attracted to her ever since.

Jesus Christ, y'all are debating the same topic almost a week later.

Some people like it, some don't. It was a messy film with a lot of great moments. Pick your side.

Debating it is going nowhere though. I think we all agree that it was poorly structured. Some people are willing to look past that, some aren't. It's just a matter of opinion and preference.

It's like arguing about whether or not oranges taste good.:lol:

A week? Man, this will get dissected until JL drops late next year. Trust. There were still flare ups over MOS not more than a few weeks ago. :lol:
Same thing goes down in most of these threads.

I can start an argument about AOU or ASM2 right now :lol:
AOU would be an actual argument

there's only one dude who defends ASM2 :lol:

I defend ASM2, but not very hard. For a minute I had it as best SM made. Over time, I softened off that a smidge.
Point proven.:rofl:

Caught this last night and came in with extremely low expectations. Thought it was ok but I definitely see why it got the reviews it got. The plot and storylines was somewhat of a mess but the action scenes were phenomenal. I was pleasantly surprised with Affleck's performance.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was that bad. Doomsday who in the movie is a rage monster trying to kill everyone is fighting three heroes that have never fought together let a lone a beast like Doomsday. I think it was suppose to look messy, but that's just me.

Just saw this today with my son..We both really enjoyed it..I thought it was a tad too long and for sure had some weak story points, but overall it was much better than the "professional" critics thought of it..

Ben was the best Bruce to date and his Batman was pretty solid..Gadot was better than I was expecting as WW, but she needs to bulk up a little for the stand alone WW/Justice League movie..Henry was better as SM in this than MoS, but still has room for improvement..Amy Adams is way too old looking to play Supes' girlfriend..And I didn't like Irons as Alfred at all..They could've save the JL characters scene til the end and it would have made more sense and fit into the film better..And Twtichy Eisenberg was awful..He plays the exact same character in each of his movies the exact same way..

I thought the Doomsday fight was good..It kinda had that sloppy feel to it which I thought was just fine..Having what basically amounts to a new born fighting against 3 people who've never fought together, the whole thing shouldn't feel polished..

Batman v Superman Grosses an Extra $48 million On Monday

What a lovely, lovely day said the Warner Bros. Executives as they woke up to see that their ambitious and controversial Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice added $48 million to its total gross. Star Wars: The Force Awakens added $52 million on their first Monday; adding $155 million by the end of the week.

BvS grossed over $5 million in the UK, $5 million in China, and $15 million in the USA. We're not too sure where the following $23 million came from; but I'm sure Warner Bros. are celebrating at their massive Monday.

Tomorrow will most likely see the same fate of $40 million to $48 million entering their gross as Super Saver Tuesday happened in the UK today, and most of the showings have been sold out (only online;; not sure if you went to the vendors).

Why didn't kal just throw the kryptospear? He thought he would miss like leonidas?

He very well might have missed for any reason, like Doomsday just moving. Agreed that he could've just given it to Diana. That's honestly what I expected when I first saw that Bruce made it into a spear.

Isn't Wonder Woman immortal? Why didn't she use the kryptospear?

No, but just how much/slowly she ages varies from verse to verse.

As with Lex Luthor, Smallville gave us the best Jon Kent we've ever had.

Last edited:
It's true.

Pa Kent was a character created way after Superman in continuity with a specific purpose

View media item 1971261

The guy in these movies is somebody else

View media item 1971263

EDIT: I'm late lol

Didn't read this yet but apparently Kevin Smith goes in on it too

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...0160329?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Damn, Geoff Johns I thought this was ya boy all on in the CW specials with you :lol:

Last edited:
came back from my 2nd viewing and after applying my critical thinking and superior eyesight, I can confirm that the movie gets a rock hard 3.5/8

Its not so much that I liked it more or anything, just much easier to follow along the 2nd time around. All the flaws etc that us nit picking cynics enjoyed are still present.

If any of you attempt to watch again, I highly recommend using critical thinking.

I agree with @sea manup's comments about thinking critically about this movie and just in general. To say, "this is just a comic book movie" is sort of a cop out in my opinion. Yes, this is entertainment at the end of the day, but that shouldn't be a reason why the people involved can't provide the very best product to its viewers. It's 2016 and these studios have plenty of money to invest into these movies, the creatives have more than enough resources and technology to tell a story through film and there's more than enough demand to put out a high quality product.

When you have characters of this scale involved and the amount of hype involved, the amount of discussion and scrutiny that's been generated is warranted.

Exactly. We're all here to suspend certain beliefs if we bought a ticket. Now, you've showed the universe, what the characters are capable or not capable of. Don't get crazy and expect the audience to just accept everything being fed. There was too much of that going on. We all wanted a BVS movie badly even if it was poorly executed. LIke I said earlier. The reviews wont hurt sales as much as some NTers said.

Why didn't kal just throw the kryptospear? He thought he would miss like leonidas?

The same reason he didn't take the extra second, go around and spear DD through the back to front. Same reason he didn't see the wheelchair bomb or smell a jug of piss in a court room. Same reason for "Martha". Same reason JL and DD was introduced in the most unimaginitive and corny ways. Poor/lazy writing. Movie tried to be serious but had so many cheesy, lazy, cringe moments.

EDIT: I'm not one of those N that arrives to a theater with a notepad, ready to break down every scene. So much of this movie made my eyes roll from the writing though.. felt like one of those 90's superhero movies at times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom