DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

this right here is low key worse than voting for trump tbh

https://www.change.org/p/disney-george-lucas-back-to-the-star-wars-movies
No it's not and it's ridiculous that you even said this.

That being said, those people legit don't seem to understand that Lucas doesn't want to write these films anymore
laugh.gif
Pointless if he's not willing to do it.
as a canadian,

star wars > america

I really dont see trump doing as much damage to america as george lucas did to starwars. srs 

That being said, those people legit don't seem to understand that Lucas doesn't want to write these films anymore :lol: Pointless if he's not willing to do it.
as a canadian,

star wars > america

I really dont see trump doing as much damage to america as george lucas did to starwars. srs 

Ok.

That being said, those people legit don't seem to understand that Lucas doesn't want to write these films anymore
laugh.gif
Pointless if he's not willing to do it.
as a canadian,

star wars > america

as a canadian-american I feel like I should chime in on this.... 

Why is the bath water so murkey? Lois is disgusting b
C'mon man she just came back from sandy north Africa right? I already forget the sequence of events :lol:
as much as I dislike sniders work on BvS, Joss Whedon is not the man for the DCU

as a writer he has that problem where all his characters sound like him. he's great at writing for tony stark but he's going to have batman and superman joking around and making popculture references 
It's funny you say that cuz in 5 movies now, 9 different writers have written the character of Tony Stark in the MCU :lol: 10 if you want to count RDJR improvising in all of them.

Tony Stark has been in 9 movies?

Hmm I count 5..Cw would be the 6th.. 7th if you count his cameo in the IH lol

Am I forgetting something?

*edit

Nvm. I misread your post.

Last edited:
Tony Stark has been in 9 movies?

Hmm I count 5..Cw would be the 6th.. 7th if you count his cameo in the IH lol

Am I forgetting something?
I said in 5 movies, he's had 9 writers write him.

The Avengers screenplay had 4 screenwriters alone.

Can't blame Snyder. He did his best to destroy what should've been a slam dunk.

Fixed.

Yeah its really easy to make a movie that satisfies everyone and makes a billion dollars.
The more I think about it, the more I replay Zach Snyder movies in my head the more certain I am that I could've written and/or directed a better version of BvS that would've satisfied most fans and made 2 billion dollars.

Last edited:

Fixed.

Yeah its really easy to make a movie that satisfies everyone and makes a billion dollars.

Yea it is, actually. Especially when ppl have come to fill the seats despite crap reviews anyway :lol:

Ppl been feenin for Bats and Supes clearly..all he had to do was not be too ambitious, not be too dark, and generally not do Zach Snyder things. All he had to do was keep the plot clean and simple and make sure it was easy to follow and have plenty of action and fans would've clearly ate it up.

Hell, it looks like fans are eating it up anyway.

Should've been a slam dunk but it was like he was looking for ways to mess things up on purpose :lol:

He didn't even have that many characters to juggle. He only had two. It wasn't like he was really trying to set up the Justice League. All he did was stick two sequences that didn't serve the main story and stuck it in the middle of the movie (as opposed to post credits).

He really did not have a hard task.

Last edited:

Fixed.

The more I think about it, the more I replay Zach Snyder movies in my head the more certain I am that I could've written and/or directed a better version of BvS that would've satisfied most fans and made 2 billion dollars.

I'm sure you could.

Its insane you have to rant about comic book movies on a sneaker message board.

They won't let you be great.

Fixed.

Yea it is, actually. Especially when ppl have come to fill the seats despite crap reviews anyway :lol:

Ppl been feenin for Bats and Supes clearly..all he had to do was not be too ambitious, not be too dark, and generally not do Zach Snyder things. All he had to do was keep the plot clean and simple and make sure it was easy to follow and have plenty of action and fans would've clearly ate it up.

Hell, it looks like fans are eating it up anyway.

Should've been a slam dunk but it was like he was looking for ways to mess things up on purpose :lol:

I agree.

There have never been big budget Super hero movies that have flopped.

Ever.

If you're talking about the Green Lantern movie, that's not even comparable :lol:

First of all, the general public don't feen for GL that hard.

Ppl been waiting for Bats and Supes together for years. If the movie was just clean and simple and not over the place but with good action, the amount of DC riding would be unbearable right now :lol:

Instead Zach set out to add things that turned ppl off. He sabotaged himself.

Last edited:

Fixed.

I'm sure you could.

Why so salty b?

I'm not ranting :lol: Not about this.

I'm pretty sure any NTer could make this a better movie really.

They won't let the DCEU be great.

Fixed.

I'm sure you could.

Why so salty b?

It weird to me why i keep getting called salty or emotional about a movie I really don't emm like that much.

Given how bad IMO other superhero movies have been in recent years and how many of them have flopped financially I don't think it would be easy to make a movie that appeals to everyone and makes money.

Saying any NTer could make a better movie is like saying if any NTer was 6'4 they would be in the NBA. Come on B stop it.

Last edited:

Fixed.

I'm sure you could.

Why so salty b?

It weird to me why i keep getting called salty or emotional about a movie I really don't emm like that much.

Given how bad IMO other superhero movies have been in recent years and how many of them have flopped financially I don't think it would be easy to make a movie that appeals to everyone and makes money.
That reply seemed salty as **** to me. It's not salty about the movie but salty about what I just said. No need for the sarcasm.

All of the big budget superhero movies that have flopped financially have the same thing in common for why they sucked. All of the big budget superhero movies that flop critically also tend to have similar things in common for why they aren't good movies.

A movie with Batman and Superman, the first ever, was never going to flop financially. Don't know if you been keeping up but DC/WB had already made back that movie budget on per-ordered ticket sales alone. That was never in doubt when they announced it. Some bad movies are just too big to fail. I think you know this. No trend in recent years of cbm that you think flopped would have changed this outcome.

M. Night could've directed this and it would done big #s. Any director you hate and think is the worst would've succeeded with this title.

With that said, this movie could've made billions AND raise the bar on superhero movies when it comes to quality and entertainment value. Tons of lost potential that we won't get back until the next reboot.

Last edited:
Someones gon' post and say it anyways but Snyder made Zimmer retire from CBMs

Last edited:
IMO AOU was no better and no less full of flaws than this movie but where is the outrage?

Keeping it funky on initial viewing I still enjoyed this movie more than The Dark Knight Rises.

People wanted The Dark Knight from this and I just don't think that was a plausible goal all things considered.

Do I think a movie of this magnitude should have been better? Absolutely but its not the dumpster fire it is being made out to be.

Last edited:
Or why doesn’t he give it to Wonder Woman? She’s super-strong and she isn’t affected by Krypronite.

Even better ******’ question. The answer is that Zack Snyder wants Superman to sacrifice himself, even if it isn’t even slightly necessary, and even if it makes Superman look like an idiot, especially when Doomsday stabs him in the chest and he dies.

Why? We all know he’s coming back. Justice League Part One films in like two weeks.

You know how in the Justice League cartoon, whenever the JL would fight somebody, Superman would immediately get knocked out by a laser for a while to let everyone else have a chance to fight bad guys before he woke up and took care of business?

Yes.

That’s exactly the same thing, just Zack Snyder-style.

(makes longer groaning noise)

Clark Kent gets a funeral in Smallville, while Superman gets a giant military funeral in DC, despite the fact that he failed to keep the Capitol building from blowing up and the government decided to nuke him. There are, in both funerals, a shocking amount of bagpipe music.
What was up with the bagpipes in the end for real? :rofl:

Had me asking myself aloud in the theater when did the Kent's become Scottish cuz I know for damn sure no military send off has bagpipes playing in the background :lol:

Last edited:
aou didnt have the same editing and pacing issues as this movie

character motivations were clear

action was way better

both the death of superman and batman v superman should be story arcs that they touch upon way down the line, after we have seen multiple movies of batman and superman working together and superman is actually a clearly defined character so we care about him when he dies.

I bet snider knew he only had a few movies in him before he got replaced so he went ahead and crammed both his favourite storylines in one movie 

Back
Top Bottom