DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

It's weird that Sucide Squad is after BvS

Because Batman basically murders people in this **** but SS has him going out his way to capture the villains (albeit, in flashbacks ??)

So he's willing to murder regular smegular *** thugs but the criminally insane get a fair trial?

I'm thinking the Batman standalone will be a prequel explaining Batman's struggle with his ideal of no killing and Suicide Squad will take place around that time. Definitely having to do with Robin and Joker.

They placed the breadcrumb in the movie, wonder if they plan to expand on it.

_1436646327.jpg

At least that's what I'd do at this point to make sense of some of the things that fans are having a hard time accepting.

My CIO, Director, Manager and I was talking about BvS. None of them are comic fan but loves either superman or batman. They hated the movie. They said the hype of seeing he fight drew them to see it but it was not. They didn't understand the dream squence. They said it was for too long of stuff that just didn't need it. Overall casting was horrible. They couldn't grasp that Superman, God and Man of Steel, losing to Batman. And why are they fighting the first place. I just didn't want to waste my breathe going deep into the whole comic and stuff :lol:

My CIO said she hasn't been to a movie in 2 years and she goes to see this horrible movie. :lol: to her, the movie didn't get good until Wonder Woman showed up.

I believe the movie is did or doing well because the two biggest and well known heroes are going head to head. A lot of people dont even know why. I highly doubt theyre repeats seeing this movie.

Last edited:
aou didnt have the same editing and pacing issues as this movie

character motivations were clear

action was way better

I disagree.. I preferred the action in Bvs outside of the hulkbuster scene..

And AOU had the friggin hulk falling in love... The hulk.. Not Bruce banner.. The hulk.. That was just soooo forced and unnecessary to me.. Didn't fit the movie at all..

I mean.. I can literally do what you've been doing all week to bring down AOU...

I never seen the need to down A just to big up B tho....so carry on..

I'm thinking the Batman standalone will be a prequel explaining Batman's struggle with his ideal of no killing and Suicide Squad will take place around that time. Definitely having to do with Robin and Joker.

They placed the breadcrumb in the movie, wonder if they plan to expand on it.

_1436646327.jpg

At least that's what I'd do at this point to make sense of some of the things that fans are having a hard time accepting.

This movie was full of breadcrumbs, really want to see what direction they take it.

I'm gonna stop *****ing about this movie because with how they're hyping up the "Ultimate Cut" I'm just assuming this is the studios' vision and not the actual filmmakers. I'll give Zach the benefit of a doubt until July
JUST got done with it :lol: I think the film broke Jeff's brain

To be honest if you ain't ******* with the movie now I don't see how an alternate cut will make you feel any differently
man...

seeing all the "insiders" say the 3 hour and 5 minute cut was the theatrical cut up until a few months ago has me slightly willing to forgive a few of the "sins" of this film.

like i really want to give this movie a fair chance but everytime i think about it the dumber it gets

Snyder has said that Nolan told him not to have Supes killing Zod in MoS but he talked him into it.

He recently said that Nolan told him that Killing Supes in this one wasn't a good idea but he said he talked him into it again.

It seems to me like Nolan is just saying "**** it, it's your movie" midway through these conversations :lol: He's also quoted telling them not to chase other studio's films and They turn around and make a Justice League commercial in the next film :smh:

also - From Snyder on the MoS ending

‘This is the why of him never killing again.’ He’s basically obliterated his entire people and his culture, and he is responsible for it, and he’s just, like, ‘How could I ever kill again?’”

He starts the ******* film off by driving a regular dude through a bunker wall to his immediate death. There is NO ******* way he survived that

Last edited:
My CIO, Director, Manager and I was talking about BvS. None of them are comic fan but loves either superman or batman. They hated the movie. They said the hype of seeing he fight drew them to see it but it was not. They didn't understand the dream squence. They said it was for too long of stuff that just didn't need it. Overall casting was horrible. They couldn't grasp that Superman, God and Man of Steel, losing to Batman. And why are they fighting the first place. I just didn't want to waste my breathe going deep into the whole comic and stuff :lol:

My CIO said she hasn't been to a movie in 2 years and she goes to see this horrible movie. :lol: to her, the movie didn't get good until Wonder Woman showed up.

I believe is did or doing well because of the fact that two of the biggest and well known heroes are going head to head. A lot of people dot even know why. I highly doubt there's repeat.
Yall keep on doubting this movie. And it's just going to keep on breaking records. Repeat business will be strong this weekend. And honestly, why wouldn't it be. Overall audiences like this movie. It's the loud minority that didn't like it predicting it's downfall.

I believe is did or doing well because of the fact that two of the biggest and well known heroes are going head to head. A lot of people dot even know why. I highly doubt there's repeat.

Wow. Chick hasn't been to a movie in 2 years and comes out to see this. :rofl:

That's....wow. I feel so bad. Movie wasn't even entertaining bad.

The lead psychiatrist on my ward is a 75 year old dude that's been a die hard comic book fan since he was a little kid. He was talking to me wi****lly about how he wished he knew comic book movies were going to be this big. He would've tried harder to keep his comic book collection mint, he says.

He was trashing this movie so hard, saying that this movie was 'joyless' and took itself 'too seriously' and it was completely 'against the spirit of the superhero genre.' it was a funny rant to see man :rofl:

Last edited:
And the assumption that George Miller would make an incredible Superhero film based off his cancelled JLA film and Fury Road is kind of nonsensical.

He literally worked on Fury Road for 15+ years before cameras even rolled. They had over a decade to make 3,000+ storyboards for the film. That's his life's work.

And his JLA film seemed like it would of been pretty divisive too.

That line is an insult to the audience's intelligence
Why tho? If supes said he didn't murk anyone, why would I not believe him? And it's entirely plausible that he beared the brunt of that impact by hitting the wall himself.

He uses the dude's body as a battering ram to go through the wall. Screenshot is poor quality but you and clearly see the cape flapping as he's busting through this guys sternum

View media item 1971942

Last edited:
his human dad tells him to do nothing and not give a **** :lol:

his human mom tells him **** the world they dont owe you anything :lol:

being told something by someone =/= motivation

You don't owe the world anything=**** the world now? Ok. :rolleyes

aou didnt have the same editing and pacing issues as this movie

character motivations were clear

action was way better

And AOU had the friggin hulk falling in love... The hulk.. Not Bruce banner.. The hulk.. That was just soooo forced and unnecessary to me.. Didn't fit the movie at all..

???

View media item 1971945
^That's definitely Bruce Banner.

Last edited:

Doesn't he say something along the lines of "I can't save them all" right before that?

That scene is after the capital bombing iirc and he's telling his mother he should of been able to save them so when she replies with "You don't owe the world anything" she's basically saying **** them :lol:

Doesn't he say something along the lines of "I can't save them all" right before that?

That scene is after the capital bombing iirc and he's telling his mother he should of been able to save them so when she replies with "You don't owe the world anything" she's basically saying **** them :lol:

No she's basically saying that it isn't his responsibility to protect the people of Earth or to be Superman at all, and specifically says he can be whatever he wants. Which sounds spot on for what parents tell their children every day. :lol: She's in no way saying **** anyone, because she's not telling him to choose any particular path.

Last edited:
Why didn't the lead goon bad guy just light Martha on fire when all the commotion started in the other room?

Back
Top Bottom