DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

DC will be at Hall H for SDCC on 7/23. I'm calling it now, Jake Gyllenhaal never took the Rick Flagg role because he's going to play Hal Jordan. :pimp: :pimp:

DC will be at Hall H for SDCC on 7/23. I'm calling it now, Jake Gyllenhaal never took the Rick Flagg role because he's going to play Nightwing. :pimp: :pimp:

Fixed

Nightwing ain't getting a movie though. At least nothing for the foreseeable future. If we see Nightwing, it's probably a supporting role in the next Batman film.

Gyllenhaal is someone you get to lead a film and he would flourish as Hal.

DC will be at Hall H for SDCC on 7/23. I'm calling it now, Jake Gyllenhaal never took the Rick Flagg role because he's going to play Hal Jordan. :pimp: :pimp:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Jake was never attached to the Flagg role. That was Tom Hardy who had to turn it down to film a better movie (I think Nolan's Dunkirk).

I haven't heard Jake's name attached to a cbm in a while.

Hal Jordan would be worth announcing. Don't care for Hal but I'm a fan of Jake's acting.

Nightwing not so much :lol:

Last edited:
Civil war looked like a tv show? :lol:

You ain't see that Iron man and cap battle???
They talking about the station with all the DC shows. Mainly Arrow for the terrible writing and making Flash beta.

Can't blame them but I'd take a Zoom washing Barry ep over the DC movies so far. Best villain in their whole co ematic multiverse to date.

Correct me if I'm wrong but make was never attached to the Flagg role. That was Tom Hardy who had to turn it down to film a better movie (I think Nolan's Dunkirk).

Hal Jordan would be worth announcing. Don't care for Hal but I'm a fan of Jake's acting.

Film a better movie huh...

Anyway he signed on for SS but Mad Max schedule took too long. As in he committed to both movies but production of Fury Road took to long and he was shooting while the other git started

Correct me if I'm wrong but make was never attached to the Flagg role. That was Tom Hardy who had to turn it down to film a better movie (I think Nolan's Dunkirk).

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tom-hardy-drops-out-of-suicide-squad-1201406104/
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-suicide-squad-rick-flag-1201411414/

They tried to get Gyllenhaal after Hardy had to leave because of his scheduling.

Oh it was Mad Max :lol: Okay.

All I know is it was a better movie just going off the facts and more importantly Rick Flagg is a meh role completely wasted on a talent like Tom Hardy.

Anyway I was more interested in the notion of Jake Gyllenhaal being rumored for a cbm than why Hardy isn't in SS.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tom-hardy-drops-out-of-suicide-squad-1201406104/
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-suicide-squad-rick-flag-1201411414/

They tried to get Gyllenhaal after Hardy had to leave because of his scheduling.
Thanks. Didn't know about this obviously. This is more than just rumors. Jake passed, not surprised.

From Hardy to Gyllenhaal to Kinnaman.

Last edited:
Hardy / Gyllenhaal are in the same talent realm.

Same can't be said for Kinnaman. Glad both dudes dodged the role.

Last edited:
Lstening to Banes voice while watching TDKR right now is cringeworthy :lol:

The unedited version was much better. It's crazy to believe that this film only came out 4 years ago

I tried watching those CW shows and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. :smh: :smh: :x

Comic book superhero movies have come a long way, but TV still has a ways to go. Thank goodness for Netflix, because their MCU shows are really good.

The network shows are just soooooooo corny. Which I don't get why they think they have to be. Law Order was never corny, 24 wasn't corny, etc.

CB shows don't have to be dark but damn just tone the stupid one liners and cheesy dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom