DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I mean you can't pretend this is about money and breaking records when it suits you though.

People just want good movies. If somebody told me look at all the records and how much money BvS made after I said it wasn't good I'd hit them with a :stoneface: We obviously on two different plains of existence.

That's how we end up with FOX-Men caliber movies and look at that thread.

Last edited:
Just follow George Perez' Wonder Woman run and the film will do fine. Hell, they could even follow the animated film from a few years back, which was pretty good.
This is said so much about so many movies but never done :lol: :smh:

Sad, but true :lol: I think a lot of people expected this to happen with BvS especially, since the imagery featuring Batman took a lot from Dark Knight Returns. When it didn't happen they were probably even angrier than they would have been otherwise.

Last edited:
No one's pretending anything. I'm fully aware that critics haven't liked the DC films. This was only about that janky letter and how it's been used to support peoples biases.

I don't think DC/WB are happy with the critic's reception. The filmmakers and actors are probably troubled by them too. BVS and SS could of been better. I'm not giving them glowing reviews, but I still enjoy watching them and they still have redeemable qualities that can be built on.

If SS does well, it gives them incentive and opportunity to make adjustments and improvements. As opposed to Fant4stic which didn't have any legs or support to continue. Piling on them and reminding us how "bad" they are isn't going to do anything. It's beyond a tired argument at this point. If you want DC to fail, minus whale stop talking about them and stop going to the theater when they drop.

No one's pretending anything.
Then why bring up the box office and records at all if we talking about the quality of the movie?

When the word sabotage was brought up we're talking about stuff like them going forward with a **** script or the amount of studio interference to the point it's barely the director's movie anymore.

If SS does well, it gives them incentive and opportunity to make adjustments and improvements.
That's not how it works at all.

If a movie does well or great it sends the message to the studio that this is what the fans want and we'll give you more of it.

If it does poorly that's when changes are made, hopefully for the better. Look at MOS to BvS compared to the ASM movies underperforming so Sony decides to let Marvel make them now.

As opposed to Fant4stic which didn't have any legs or support to continue.
No, no, no. Fant4stic was ******* horrible. It should not continue.

You don't make **** movies and then just say we'll just try again with the sequel. That **** deserves to be completely scrapped. If FOX had actually owned F4 outright they would definitely reboot the whole thing. They don't and to keep the license they'd probably have to do something loosely following that up but I don't think we'll be seeing another F4 movie from them anyway.

I don't know how you can think it's a good thing if a bad movie comes out does good in the box office and that means it's a better chance of a better sequel. As aforementioned how is that working out for Transformers?

Piling on them and reminding us how "bad" they are isn't going to do anything.
Yes it is. Enough ill will is gonna even have execs taking a pause before they just keep trucking like nothing is wrong.

and stop going to the theater when they drop.
I do this if the movies ain't worth it not cuz I want them to fail.

The only reason I believe ppl hate on bad movies in this context is cuz they want them to do better. They see the the potential in the material and want that to be fulfilled.

I mean look at the posters, these guys aint spending their time ******** on Pixels hoping Adam Sandler never makes another movie again.

Just follow George Perez' Wonder Woman run and the film will do fine. Hell, they could even follow the animated film from a few years back, which was pretty good.
This is said so much about so many movies but never done :lol: :smh:

Sad, but true :lol: I think a lot of people expected this to happen with BvS especially, since the imagery featuring Batman took a lot from Dark Knight Returns. When it didn't happen they were probably even angrier than they would have been otherwise.
No one's pretending anything.
Then why bring up the box office and records at all if we talking about the quality of the movie?

When the word sabotage was brought up we're talking about stuff like them going forward with a **** script or the amount of studio interference to the point it's barely the director's movie anymore.

If SS does well, it gives them incentive and opportunity to make adjustments and improvements.
That's not how it works at all.

If a movie does well or great it sends the message to the studio that this is what the fans want and we'll give you more of it.

If it does poorly that's when changes are made, hopefully for the better. Look at MOS to BvS compared to the ASM movies underperforming so Sony decides to let Marvel make them now.

As opposed to Fant4stic which didn't have any legs or support to continue.
No, no, no.

Piling on them and reminding us how "bad" they are isn't going to do anything. It's beyond a tired argument at this point. If you want DC to fail, minus whale stop talking about them and stop going to the theater when they drop.[/quote]
I can still remember hearing Batman and Ssuperman movie and just thinking World's Finest :smh:

Last edited:
Not talking about the quality of the movie. That's all opinion. DC/WB know the movies aren't perfect. They're not getting the message that they have to give people "more of it". They released a daggone ultimate cut for BVS to address the complaints.

They've acknowledged the criticism. They're happy that people are going out to watch them and it means they have something to build off of or improve upon. I never said Fant4stic was good. I just said it didn't even do well enough to be salvaged.

Piling on it doesn't do squat. Who's more likely to have their opinion considered or validated? Dude that uses hyperbole and says its trash with nothing constructive, or someone who rationally explains their criticisms, while still supporting it? It just looks like some people will never be pleased with DC.

Dismissing ppl who **** on it as not being rationale or having anything constructive to say is bull ****.

I didn't say you said F4 was good. I said F4 was bad and doesn't deserve to get a sequel if it got a high box office.

**** movies don't deserve to be salvaged.

I don't think it matters much if you or others here just think ppl hate DC for the sake of hating them. Not much is going to change as far as ppl voicing their opinions.

What's constructive about "it's trash" or "it's the worst movie I ever saw"? How does that help anything?

People are biased with a lot of things. Someone can not like DC the same way they don't like Chinese food. Someone can prefer Marvel the same way they have a favorite color. It is what it is.

If something caused me as much distress as DC does for some of y'all, I would avoid consuming or discussing it.

If that's all you've been reading there's nothing more to talk about.

:smh:

I would say prove anybody has bias but I know you can't do that. Just more of the same bull **** defense to deflect away from ppl having opinions you don't agree with.

Last edited:
All I'm reading? It's not all I'm reading. It only applies to those situations. I'm not making generalizations. Nothing wrong with having a bias. How come people can say @Paulwest1985 blindly likes everything in the DCEU, but it's not possible for anyone to be the opposite?

Like my man Batfleck said in BVS, "If there's even a 1% chance, then we have to take it as an absolute certainty!" I don't have to prove anything. It's what people want to admit. Admitting to not liking DC might make s****** on it look worse. It's like when racists tell people, "I don't hate black people, but..."

All I'm reading? It's not all I'm reading. It only applies to those situations. I'm not making generalizations. Nothing wrong with having a bias. How come people can say @Paulwest1985 blindly likes everything in the DCEU, but it's not possible for anyone to be the opposite?

Like my man Batfleck said in BVS, "If there's even a 1% chance, then we have to take it as an absolute certainty!" I don't have to prove anything. It's what people want to admit. Admitting to not liking DC might make s****** on it look worse. It's like when racists tell people, "I don't hate black people, but..."

Preach.

Cuz to date I don't think Paul has disliked anything by the DCEU. At least he hasn't posted about it :nerd: and he's free to set ppl straight on that and say he isn't a fanboy or doesn't have a bias.

What's going on here is you guys create these imaginary posters that have bias but never seem to be able to quote them or name them by name. It all has to do with yall just not liking what a few ppl say in their posts.

:rofl: @ quoting Batffleck. Do you even math bruh? How does 1% chance = absolute certainty? Explain :lol:

Chock full of bull **** b. Label ppl something cuz of how you feel then say it's up to them to admit it. Wild illogical right now.

All I'm reading is you in fact can't prove or even present anyone with a bias against DC like I knew. Just trying to cloud all that up with more bull **** saying you don't have to prove it.

I get it ppl with bias exist but you can't actually show their existence. Like Santa :stoneface:

Its crazy how nowadays when someone disagrees with somebody it can't be just that. They have to have a bias to explain why they don't have the same opinion as you :smh:

Last edited:

I would say prove anybody has bias but I know you can't do that. Just more of the same bull **** defense to deflect away from ppl having opinions you don't agree with.

zik you sure trying way too hard to keep this thread negative man

you havent even seen this movie correct?

yet you have seem to become the defense attorney for the people bashing this movie

lot of people in here bashing the movie and not because they want better

everybody has bias and the way you been going hard to defend the dislike of this movie it seems your bias is leaking quite a bit

you aint slick i see you hating in the bushes
View media item 2132610

Whatever man. I never even used to partake in this particular discussion. I'm all for constructive criticism and I don't even mind a little hate, but this thread can become a cesspool at times. I abandoned the Fox threads a long time ago.

I like these CBM's and I like discussing and speculating in the MCU, MCU Netflix, and DCEU threads, but damn if people don't love to come in here and take massive dookies on everything. :lol:

It wasn't a thing until some people started suffocating this thread with the nonsense. No one would think anything if it wasn't for the volume of posts ripping on DC with hyperbolic statements. Or that those same people are ghost until there's an opportunity to say something bad.

zik you sure trying way too hard to keep this thread negative man
By saying ppl can have opinions that don't match your own without bias I'm being negative?

That's more bull ****.
you havent even seen this movie correct?

yet you have seem to become the defense attorney for the people bashing this movie
We not talking about Suicide Squad b.

lot of people in here bashing the movie and not because they want better
Who?

Not that I think you could actually name anybody given when you showed up in here and your constant it's not an Oscar movie so it shouldn't be criticized talk.

everybody has bias
We not talking about the nature of humanity and society in here b.

Dudes are claiming there's outright bias against DC cuz ppl don't like the movies they came out with.

Basically saying ppl can't have a difference of opinion anymore.

and the way you been going hard to defend the dislike of this movie it seems your bias is leaking quite a bit
Asking for you to present the posts or posters with bias against DC and not agreeing that there is any until shown now means I have bias.

I see where this is going :lol: I question your thought process b.

you aint slick i see you hating in the bushes
I honestly don't care that you feel that way. You just showed up and still on the same reductive bull ****.

Whatever man. I never even used to partake in this particular discussion. I'm all for constructive criticism and I don't even mind a little hate, but this thread can become a cesspool at times. I abandoned the Fox threads a long time ago.

I like these CBM's and I like discussing and speculating in the MCU, MCU Netflix, and DCEU threads, but damn if people don't love to come in here and take massive dookies on everything. :lol:

It wasn't a thing until some people started suffocating this thread with the nonsense. No one would think anything if it wasn't for the volume of posts ripping on DC with hyperbolic statements. Or that those same people are ghost until there's an opportunity to say something bad.
If you want to discuss something else go ahead but just cuz a discussion or posts are posted that you don't like doesn't mean ppl now have a bias against it.

Maybe they actually just feel that strongly about the work? If it comes off as hate you gotta realize it's a thin line. I'm pretty sure every body that dislikes these movies love DC animation or DC comics. Show me the poster that is literally bias against DC and hates every single thing they produce :nerd:

I mean look at that FOX-Men thread. It pretty much beat the majority down with its mediocrity. You ain't gonna see a whole lot of passionate posts either way in there anymore. Just disappointment and depression. That's a direct reflection of the movies.

Last edited:

I
Don't understand the DC whatever bias thing people keep accusing me of either. I thought he movie was bad. What does that have to do with DC?

I can understand why Willshot chooses to act in films that Margot is in.

embarassed.gif

Last edited:
Wonder if the scenes that were cut out showed joker abusing her a lot more. I remember in one episode of btas she had enough of his crap and went thelma & louise with poison ivy. Of course she went back to him at the end of the episode.

Back
Top Bottom