DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

^Thats what I am saying. I thought that would be the general publics complaint. Instead they are complaining that she is too skinny and that she is middle eastern :smh: WTF?

300 was never looked at in the same vein as "superhero films" mainly because it isn't one, it was rated R so it wasn't marketed towards children and it came out after Sin City so the general action movie goer was familiar with what to expect from a Frank Miller story... It isn't associated with something like Iron Man or Thor

TDK is undoubtedly the main reason for the expanded field (Wall-E too). They realized they screwed up by leaving out one of the biggest films of all time out the race and expanded the nominations to give these huge films a "chance" and boost ratings..

X-Men 1 & 2, Spider-Man 2 and TDK are the 3 most important Superhero films imo

X-Men is not important in making people respect Superhero genre. The incredibles was more influential than X-Men. If anything those ****** movies confirmed to many people that superhero movies are only for children.

300 opened hollywood to the mass appeal of the genre and that adults will come out to watch if done right(even if it isnt marketed as comic book movie, you have to start somehere). Hollywood knew it was a comic flick and thats all that matters. Spiderman 2 had a story people over the age of 11 could enjoy despite being based on a child's comic (and made a lot of money doing so). TDK showed how deep the medium is.

Those are the three most important advancements in the genre.

300 was very important to the genre. When you get a new fish you cant simply toss it in your aquarium. It will die. You have to ease it in.

Last edited:
come on dude. lets be real. I dont even mind affleck, but theres no way that casting Gal Gadot as anything but eye candy ( not for me) would work. Like shes only had a handful of lines in the fast movies.

Honestly this is the reason why I would reserve my judgement on her casting, after I see the film (if it's gon' be more of a cameo). You're right, she has kind of a limited resume, and that's why it's not best to judge her right now.

It might be because of her training in the Israeli Defense Force that she was cast. Maybe she looked bad a** during the audition. Who knows?

To me it's not just superhero flicks all of the LotR and Potter joints contribute to these type of movies gaining more acceptance and not really being a bubble. Hollywood is running out of ideas. All they're doing is remaking, rebooting, and coming with trash ideas for the most part. That's why just like with books they're down to mine comics.

Stopped buying the idea that this bubble would pop eventually. If it does movie biz in trouble.

I really don't want to be involved with the internet if a Black Lex Luthor is cast...all hell would break loose. Man of Steel 2 is looking like a cluster#$%^.

Last edited:
It's two things, they're either really writing in all these characters in tot he movie to have scenes at some point or they just spoiled their post-credit scenes.

To me several 2 min cameos would just distract from the story. If Supes and Bats are fighting some big villain, then cutting away to the land of amazons as WW watches what's going on Earth saying she be there or w/e is just bloated hype, same for the rest. It'd be a different variation if someone like Flash gains his super powers in the movie near the end or w/e but we shall see.

300 was never looked at in the same vein as "superhero films" mainly because it isn't one, it was rated R so it wasn't marketed towards children and it came out after Sin City so the general action movie goer was familiar with what to expect from a Frank Miller story... It isn't associated with something like Iron Man or Thor

TDK is undoubtedly the main reason for the expanded field (Wall-E too). They realized they screwed up by leaving out one of the biggest films of all time out the race and expanded the nominations to give these huge films a "chance" and boost ratings..

X-Men 1 & 2, Spider-Man 2 and TDK are the 3 most important Superhero films imo

X-Men is not important in making people respect Superhero genre. The incredibles was more influential than X-Men. If anything those ****** movies confirmed to many people that superhero movies are only for children.

300 opened hollywood to the mass appeal of the genre and that adults will come out to watch if done right(even if it isnt marketed as comic book movie, you have to start somehere). Hollywood knew it was a comic flick and thats all that matters. Spiderman 2 had a story people over the age of 11 could enjoy despite being based on a child's comic (and made a lot of money doing so). TDK showed how deep the medium is.

Those are the three most important advancements in the genre.

300 was very important to the genre. When you get a new fish you cant simply toss it in your aquarium. It will die. You have to ease it in.
The importance of X-Men is the fact that it was the first one out the gate.. The budget was cut several times and the film was still able to gross major money (back then).. It was the first to show that you can create real stories based on these characters and ground them in reality. I loved Spider-Man 2 but that film is literally a "Comic Book" movie. It's as melodramatic as the Golden Age comics were and that's part of it's charm i guess. Those first 2 X-Men films were critically acclaimed so don't use revisionist history because a lot of people viewed X-2 and Spider-Man 2 as the best superhero films pre-TDK.

Incredibles did way more for animated films then the superhero genre... My point being X-men was the first of the new class of superhero films and if it failed it would of stalled a lot of other properties. 300 helped reestablish the R rated action film as a bankable genre

To me it's not just superhero flicks all of the LotR and Potter joints contribute to these type of movies gaining more acceptance and not really being a bubble. Hollywood is running out of ideas. All they're doing is remaking, rebooting, and coming with trash ideas for the most part. That's why just like with books they're down to mine comics.

Stopped buying the idea that this bubble would pop eventually. If it does movie biz in trouble.
That's what Spielberg and Lucas have been saying...

The importance of X-Men is the fact that it was the first one out the gate.. The budget was cut several times and the film was still able to gross major money (back then).. It was the first to show that you can create real stories based on these characters and ground them in reality. I loved Spider-Man 2 but that film is literally a "Comic Book" movie. It's as melodramatic as the Golden Age comics were and that's part of it's charm i guess. Those first 2 X-Men films were critically acclaimed so don't use revisionist history because a lot of people viewed X-2 and Spider-Man 2 as the best superhero films pre-TDK.

Incredibles did way more for animated films then the superhero genre... My point being X-men was the first of the new class of superhero films and if it failed it would of stalled a lot of other properties. 300 helped reestablish the R rated action film as a bankable genre

Im talking about their advancements to the genre. Not wether people like it or not. It wouldnt be the worst movie people liked. Transformers is critcally acclaimed and 2 of the 3 movies suck.

Being 1st ou the door is not an advancement. 300 showed there is a wide audience for comic movies. Being rated R made it even more of anccomplishment. It made hollywood realuze that not all good comics are kids movies. Doesnt matter wether or not the general audience knew what it was. People knew, comic fans knew, nerds knew, and hollywood knew.

300 an action movie? Please list all the comic movies that arent action movies? *condescending wonka*

Last edited:
300 didn't have the same stigma that something like Thor has. No one saw the trailer and immediately attributed it to a comic book. It was marketed as a beefcake manly man action flick not an adaptation of some beloved story. That's my point. Wanted isn't looked at like a "comic book movie".. Neither is V for Vendetta or Scott Pilgrim vs the world. There's a difference quit acting like they're all the same.

It was WELL KNOWN scott pilgrim was based on a comic book. People thought it was based off a video game which is a worse stigma. Same stigma as thor? They both did over 550 mill in the box office. That stigma was done with after Spiderman 2

It doesnt matter what they market it as. People who are into comics knew and hollywood knew like I said that is all that matters. **** stop marketing Iron Man as a comic movie if it will give us better IM movies :lol:

300 was a major development in comic flicks. Stop downplaying its importance simply because it is rated R. They are thinking of making Deadpool and X-Force rated R ffs.

So it wasnt marketed as a comic flick? We got a better film because of it and everybody won. The fans, the casual moviegoers, and hollywood were all happy

Last edited:
Bought the MOS 1 DVD package. Watched it a few minutes ago. :pimp:

After watching, I'm convinced DC knows what it is doing. The minimal information we are working with is just causing chaos. Imma wait it out. :smokin

A solo film and grouo film are nowhere near the same. Just cuz DC finally made Supes seem like a passable hero for the first time after several failed attempts should not give anyone comfort.

come on dude. lets be real. I dont even mind affleck, but theres no way that casting Gal Gadot as anything but eye candy ( not for me) would work. Like shes only had a handful of lines in the fast movies.

Honestly this is the reason why I would reserve my judgement on her casting, after I see the film (if it's gon' be more of a cameo). You're right, she has kind of a limited resume, and that's why it's not best to judge her right now.

It might be because of her training in the Israeli Defense Force that she was cast. Maybe she looked bad a** during the audition. Who knows?

I forgot that Israelis have to serve a mandatory 2 years in the army until someone brought it up on tv a few days ago. I always hear stories of small women who beat the crap out of muggers because they know krav maga. If part of her audition was to show off some of those old moves then that would be cool. What makes movie fans really annoying sometimes is that they judge how bad a person is in a role before any filming even gets done. Remember how people hated the casting of Ann Hathaway, didn't hear much complaints after they say how well she did in the role.

I forgot that Israelis have to serve a mandatory 2 years in the army until someone brought it up on tv a few days ago. I always hear stories of small women who beat the crap out of muggers because they know krav maga. If part of her audition was to show off some of those old moves then that would be cool. What makes movie fans really annoying sometimes is that they judge how bad a person is in a role before any filming even gets done. Remember how people hated the casting of Ann Hathaway, didn't hear much complaints after they say how well she did in the role.

but anne hathaway was an established good actor. While Gal is the opposite. So instead of having an actress that doesnt look the part, but can act; they cast an actess that doesnt look the part and cant act. And also I had more faith in nolan's vision. after seeing man of steel, I dont put that much stock into what snyder and crew are trying to do

^
People said Hathaway wouldn't be good in the role despite of how talented she is, which sounded like people hated just to hate. People should give the girl a little bit of a chance, she might surprise us.

After watching, I'm convinced DC knows what it is doing. The minimal information we are working with is just causing chaos. Imma wait it out. :smokin

I got the MoS bluray/DVD pack the other day and I honestly don't see how batman could fit in that world, like where was he during the world engine crisis? Like honestly how is batman going to be of any help to an alien that can fly with super strength and heat vision, this is coming from a real world perspective not the comics because they team up often in the comics. And MoS has acknowledged that Lois knows superman's secret identity from her doing research and Lois calling him Clark before he becomes a member of the daily planet...THEY BETTER NOT ACT LIKE THEY FORGOT THIS IN THE SEQUEL

A solo film and grouo film are nowhere near the same. Just cuz DC finally made Supes seem like a passable hero for the first time after several failed attempts should not give anyone comfort.

This is where the second part of my statement comes in.

"The minimal amount of information we are working with is just causing chaos."

It was announced to us as Batman/Superman. Meaning it should be based mainly around Batman and Superman. The ideas for everyone else didn't come until afterwards so we have no clue what they are doing with them, but I remain confident that DC will be able to pull this off. They haven't had a bad storyline in a while comic/animated wise, so my hopes are that they can make a script just as good with a live action film.

In other words, I think they have the potential to make a good movie and I can't judge it until watching it. So I'm going to wait it out.

I got the MoS bluray/DVD pack the other day and I honestly don't see how batman could fit in that world, like where was he during the world engine crisis? Like honestly how is batman going to be of any help to an alien that can fly with super strength and heat vision, this is coming from a real world perspective not the comics because they team up often in the comics. And MoS has acknowledged that Lois knows superman's secret identity from her doing research and Lois calling him Clark before he becomes a member of the daily planet...THEY BETTER NOT ACT LIKE THEY FORGOT THIS IN THE SEQUEL

Keep in mind this is a new Batman though. We have no idea what traits they are going to give him. (Hopefully this one won't have the gargling marbles voice.) he could be the one everyone loves. Worlds greatest detective, skilled enough to spar with Superman and Wonderwoman on a regular basis, takes down huge alien threats along side the justice league type Batman. Where he really could be a cool supporting character.m

And Lois :lol:

Back
Top Bottom