DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Date is good for 10/23/15, they have no competition on the same date and they have 3 weeks before Spectre comes out and 5 weeks before Hunger Games 2 decimates everyone else on the box office.

A two parter would make the wait more tolerable, but they can easily set themselves up if they do this. These two part flms usually don't warrant the need for them to be split.

more confirmation of the trailer dropping..

I've been speculating that they were gonna move the film's release up again but I never thought it'll be broken up into two parts.. Makes sense thought because I know they've filmed an usual amount of stuff, just figured they were getting a headstart on some Justice League stuff

That title is actually bad enough that you can believe it, and the idea of splitting movies in half is so in vogue right now that this all seems terribly plausible. That said, I doubt it. First of all, I usually doubt these easily-faked viral images. But more than that, as someone with.... let's say familiarity with the script, I don't think they have two movies here. And if they did have two movies the first half certainly isn't Batman heavy enough to warrant Enter the Knight as the subtitle. 

A lot has been made of multiple characters and concepts being introduced in this movie, but I can tell you that the story itself is fairly streamlined. Could they have added to the script with which I'm familiar? Sure, they definitely could have. But while I could see Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice clocking in at a solid two hours and twenty minutes I'm hard-pressed to imagine how they're getting another hour and a half out of the movie. 
If they were to cut it in half, I guess they could cut it at the big Superman and Batman fight, which comes about halfway through the film. But that fight isn't huge, and there isn't enough action in the first half of the movie to make that a whole film all its own. And then there's so much action in the second half as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman battle Doomsday in Metropolis and Gotham that you'd end up with two very, very lopsided movies. It works as an escalation in the full script, but without major additions it seems limp. 
There's one more thing about this, and it could be a small spoiler:
Ray Fisher, who plays Cyborg, said he only had scenes with Ben Affleck. I'm pretty sure Cyborg is only in this movie as a cameo, and that's at the very, very end as Batman assembles the Justice League. If they were cutting this movie in two it seems likely that Fisher's part would have been beefed up at least a little bit.
http://badassdigest.com/2015/01/09/...mpaign=Feed:+badassdigest+(Badass+Digest+ALL)

Last edited:
Like I said in the movie thread, this would be one of the first good ideas/decisions about this movie. First they don't waste a whole year not doing nothing and secondly they get to try out the whole two parter movie thing before anybody else does with a superhero flick.

After reading RVD's post though, this seems like another good sounding DC rumor that doesn't come true unsurprisingly.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/h...rman-wont-be-split-into-two-films-1201400184/

An Internet rumor that spread last week about Warner Bros. splitting “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” into two films turned out to be false. Henry Cavill, who plays Superman, confirmed over the weekend to Variety that the tentpole sequel directed by Zack Snyder will be released as one film.

Cavill added that Ben Affleck makes a “great” Batman. But he said he wasn’t injured in any of their fight scenes. “Are you kidding?” Cavill joked at the BAFTA tea at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. “I’m the Man of Steel.”

Jake Gyllenhaal Eyed to Replace Tom Hardy in David Ayer’s ‘Suicide Squad’

Jake Gyllenhaal may not have received an Oscar nomination for “Nightcrawler” on Thursday but he could still end the day with a win, as David Ayer is courting his “End of Watch” star to replace Tom Hardy as Rick Flag in “Suicide Squad,” an individual familiar with the comic book project has told TheWrap.

Warner Bros. had no comment, while a representative for Gyllenhaal didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Hardy was forced to exit the project because Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s “The Revenant” is going over schedule into mid-March, after which Hardy will be needed to promote WB’s “Mad Max: Fury Road.”

Back
Top Bottom