DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Probably because I watched the flash tv show and they showed what happened but kinda weird that
barry wasn’t at least wondering who it was who killed his mom but I know the main focus was proving his dad was innocent.

Damn, we were this close to getting Cavill, Batflek, and Gadot back 🤦🏾‍♂️

it's a shame tho. We could of had a universe where cavill/Cara and Batflek/keatman existed togheter since theirs was destroyed.

Last edited:
It’s good that Cavill et al weren’t in the movie at the end…The DCEU just hasn’t worked and the writings been on the wall since Batman v Superman…The fact that they’ve continued to try and ~fix it~ for nearly a decade is absurd…Time to move on…

1687019705647.png

Oof this is gonna bomb

It’s good that Cavill et al weren’t in the movie at the end…The DCEU just hasn’t worked and the writings been on the wall since Batman v Superman…The fact that they’ve continued to try and ~fix it~ for nearly a decade is absurd…Time to move on…
I disagree. The dceu has worked at times. The problem is there were too many cooks in the kitchen. And with all the scandals happening behind the scenes, it was never given a proper chance to succeed. Last year when it was announced that Cavill was back as superman, there was universal praise. They could have carried that momentum into MOS 2. But again, they fumbled the ball.

nah, dc fumbled a long time ago catering to snyder and his fans and "worked at times" simply isnt good enough

im one of the biggest snyder supporters and defenders, i tried to rationalize why clark didnt save his dad when he has super speed and no one would see... and why the hell would his dad stop him...? and defended him killing in his first outing.... and getting metropolis destroyed and thousands killed...

snyder made the most colorful, joyful and hepeful superhero look monotone and drab in his first outing and then he followed that up by showing he really wanted a batman flick all along and killing supes... in contrast, Marvel has managed to make Supes counterpart the center stage and forefront of their universe and break box office records

dc wanted to restart and NEEDED IT BADLY and that is obvious with the box office numbers (DCEU still leaves a bad taste in their mouth) and they cant start it with a superman that was strong armed into returning... the buzz was good but its not world changing and a lot of it is from snyder fans on twitter who review bombs anything DC that has nothing to do with snyder, they just want anything outside of snyders control to fail... i mean just think about that kind fandom

DC needs to start fresh

if there was anything to blame, it was snyder and his bad take on comic book characters (oh bats dont kill, thats his philosopy... well im not just going to kill people im going to blow them up to pieces... os supes is a boy scout and dont kill, we'll have him snap someone neck that can be felt around the city) and it gets even worse when you see what he had planned with bruce impregnating lois and supes in the end being a sucker and wanting to stay and raise the kid... dude has the worst takes and that still not mentioning the bat rape and other dumb comments

and then in snydercon, he said he wanted diana/ww to be descendants of kryptonians which completely destroys what the trinity represents which is human-god-alien, different worlds, its like dude just wants to destroy the core of these characters and invent/create his own (which is what he is doing in rebel moon and i hope all the best to him)

it really is all about snyder and the fandom he has curated which has negatively impacted everything DC, i mean none of his films cracked a billion, a Bats and Supes film and JL should be an easy homerun but he decided to be dumb and use "martha" and kill off 1/3rd of the trinity and have him show up in the last 10 minutes of JL... maybe if he praised all of the films that followed and praised them and got his minions to see them and made more money then his DCEU would still be standing? instead he does nothing but posts old polaroids of cavill, ben, gal, etc... to get nostalgia and get his fandom riled up and remind them this isnt his dceu and its time to rally against it

i mean lex luthor was trending because snyderfools truly believe eisenberg was the perfect, best lex luthor

:rofl:

Fair enough. Now the DC is in Gunn's hands now. So when his tenure begins and he starts releasing movies under his slate, it's going to be all on him now.

Fair enough. Now the DC is in Gunn's hands now. So when his tenure begins and he starts releasing movies under his slate, it's going to be all on him now.

and that is perfectly fine but everyones got to give him a fair chance

unfortunately, he is already being buried by snyderfans even when he was announced to take over and anything moving forward is going to be review bombed by them so its like starting off from 6 feet under

and really, anyone who takes over after snyde would have been in the same situation

I disagree. The dceu has worked at times. The problem is there were too many cooks in the kitchen. And with all the scandals happening behind the scenes, it was never given a proper chance to succeed. Last year when it was announced that Cavill was back as superman, there was universal praise. They could have carried that momentum into MOS 2. But again, they fumbled the ball.

Agree. This Flash movie could of reset everything and got it on course but of course again they fumble it like idiots. You can’t make this up.

That MOS 2 movie would of been fire

Agreed. Snyder's vision for most of what he did with DC was awful. Maybe could have done batman interestingly, but what he did to Superman is criminal. There was something interesting in Man of Steel but they lost all the things that makes Superman special

Weekend BO #'s not looking good...

All the studio talk about keeping Ezra might be dead in the water

think i was the only one in here who said it would bomb

didnt ezra miller groom an underaged kid? having a pedophile or someone associated with something close to it in the cast will always hinder your movie.

they were hoping michael keaton batman could overshadow that. should have just changed the name of the movie to batman 3 and show as little ezra as possible

think i was the only one in here who said it would bomb

didnt ezra miller groom an underaged kid? having a pedophile or someone associated with something close to it in the cast will always hinder your movie.

they were hoping michael keaton batman could overshadow that. should have just changed the name of the movie to batman 3 and show as little ezra as possible
You do have a point.

Back
Top Bottom