*DEAD* Vol. Agent Zero

Wow...I totally forgot he caught that misdemeanor years ago. He's definitely going in. If he doesn't it'll be a miracle.

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

These last 2 pages made alot of since

I found it kind of weird this leaked from the locker room in the first place, but never thought that their relationship has soured with GIL the most since Abe died

sick.gif

Arenas pleads to felony gun charge
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

WASHINGTON -- NBA All-Star Gilbert Arenas has pleaded guilty to a felony count of carrying a pistol without a license.

Arenas
Arenas

The suspended Washington Wizards star waived his right to jury trial Friday afternoon and was released pending sentencing, which will be in about eight weeks.

The prosecution agreed to recommend that sentencing fall at the low end of the scale, which calls for a minumum of six months in jail. The maximum penalty isfive years in prison. Sentencing will be solely up to the judge to decide.

Arenas was asked a series of questions making sure that he understood the rights he was waiving. He arrived at D.C. Superior Court after 2 p.m. ET on Fridayand did not answer any questions from media.

Arenas had reached a plea agreement that would result in little or no jail time, several sources close to the case told The Washington Post. The newspaper hadreported Arenas would face a maximum five years in jail and a fine.

The charge, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison, was filed Thursday in an "information," a document that indicates Arenas hasreached a plea deal with prosecutors.

Arenas has acknowledged keeping unloaded guns in his locker at the Verizon Center. He says he took the guns out of the locker Dec. 21 in a "misguidedeffort to play a joke" on a teammate.

He has publicly employed the "goof ball" defense. He says he wasn't aware of the law, meant no harm and never takes anything seriously.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Arenas pleads to felony gun charge
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

WASHINGTON -- NBA All-Star Gilbert Arenas has pleaded guilty to a felony count of carrying a pistol without a license.

Arenas
Arenas

The suspended Washington Wizards star waived his right to jury trial Friday afternoon and was released pending sentencing, which will be in about eight weeks.

The prosecution agreed to recommend that sentencing fall at the low end of the scale, which calls for a minumum of six months in jail. The maximum penalty is five years in prison. Sentencing will be solely up to the judge to decide.

Arenas was asked a series of questions making sure that he understood the rights he was waiving. He arrived at D.C. Superior Court after 2 p.m. ET on Friday and did not answer any questions from media.

Arenas had reached a plea agreement that would result in little or no jail time, several sources close to the case told The Washington Post. The newspaper had reported Arenas would face a maximum five years in jail and a fine.

The charge, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison, was filed Thursday in an "information," a document that indicates Arenas has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.

Arenas has acknowledged keeping unloaded guns in his locker at the Verizon Center. He says he took the guns out of the locker Dec. 21 in a "misguided effort to play a joke" on a teammate.

He has publicly employed the "goof ball" defense. He says he wasn't aware of the law, meant no harm and never takes anything seriously.

As insane as it sounds, I have a feeling that in Gil's warped mind he's kinda happy about the jail time because that pretty much ensures that he willhave the contract voided by the Wizards. It's no secret that he doesn't want to play here, and when he's released (assuming he goes to jail) theWiz will have the upper hand in voiding his deal due to him pleading guilty to a felony. With no jail time, he's in limbo....he has a virtually untradablecontract, and if voided, it's almost a fresh start...he could sign a one year deal next year (Cavs or Lakers
nerd.gif
), and then hope for something close togetting a full MLE in the 2011 season....I dunno...i'm just throwing a bunch of @%%$ out there
laugh.gif
but it's going to be interesting to see howeverything develops....

ESPN is reporting that it is unlikely that Gil will get out of this without jail time because of his previous misdemeanor gun charge. They're predicting 60-90 days in prison

Gil better learn from the Plaxico situation and just take this deal that's on the table for him for 60-90 days, that's not bad at all.

As insane as it sounds, I have a feeling that in Gil's warped mind he's kinda happy about the jail time because that pretty much ensures that he will have the contract voided by the Wizards. It's no secret that he doesn't want to play here, and when he's released (assuming he goes to jail) the Wiz will have the upper hand in voiding his deal due to him pleading guilty to a felony. With no jail time, he's in limbo....he has a virtually untradable contract, and if voided, it's almost a fresh start...he could sign a one year deal next year (Cavs or Lakers
nerd.gif
),
I hear ya on Gil being crazy and all, but there is no way dude is happy with flushing 80 mil GUARANTEED down the toilet. Even if after jail hegets back into the league I doubt he even sees half of that much on a contract ever. Did that pool/shark tank at his house every get completed??

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Tawn will be gone by the end of Feb. Damn, that Cavs/Wizards rivalry was pretty good while it last. Now Tawn will like don the wine/gold.
It's not really a rivalry when one team is winning all the time.

As insane as it sounds, I have a feeling that in Gil's warped mind he's kinda happy about the jail time because that pretty much ensures that he will have the contract voided by the Wizards. It's no secret that he doesn't want to play here, and when he's released (assuming he goes to jail) the Wiz will have the upper hand in voiding his deal due to him pleading guilty to a felony. With no jail time, he's in limbo....he has a virtually untradable contract, and if voided, it's almost a fresh start...he could sign a one year deal next year (Cavs or Lakers
nerd.gif
), and then hope for something close to getting a full MLE in the 2011 season....I dunno...i'm just throwing a bunch of @%%$ out there
laugh.gif
but it's going to be interesting to see how everything develops....
Regardless of what happens, there is no way in he.ll Arenas will be happy if his contract gets voided.

No one is ever going to offer him the kind of contract that he currently has with the Wiz.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

ESPN is reporting that it is unlikely that Gil will get out of this without jail time because of his previous misdemeanor gun charge. They're predicting 60-90 days in prison

Gil better learn from the Plaxico situation and just take this deal that's on the table for him for 60-90 days, that's not bad at all.

He already has

I think the sooner Arenas serves his sentence, the better for him.

If he gets out by the spring he can resume training and he'll be a hot commodity come July. Despite the severity of his actions, I think many teams will beinterested in a player of his caliber (no pun intended) especially since he'll probably come at a discounted price.

I guess the remaining question is how long Stern will suspend him. I think that Stern should re-instate Arenas immediately after the season is done. 2-3 monthsin jail, a 50-game suspension and a voided contract are harsh enough.

Someone tell me they saw this dude behind the Sportscenter/Outside the Lines guy at the courthouse
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm just catching the replay and this is cracking me up.

March 26th

Jalen Rose made a good point...Washington has stopped selling Arenas's jersey, took down his billboard and removed his images from all promos.

The Agent Zero era is over.

Originally Posted by 18key

Someone tell me they saw this dude behind the Sportscenter/Outside the Lines guy at the courthouse
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm just catching the replay and this is cracking me up.

laugh.gif

That BAMMA

Yeah
laugh.gif
my scenario was WAY far fetched....but, if the contract isn't voided, then what?

Gil will be stuck in DC playing for a team that he doesn't want to, and also playing for a franchise that doesn't want him.

4 years 80+ mil, a felony gun conviction, pretty much makes him an undesirable commodity via trade. I'm guessing they could go the Vin Baker route and buyhim out for a portion of what he is owed (again, assuming the contract can't be voided).

There is almost no remnants of Gilbert Arenas at VC aside from people still wearing his jersey. It's like the franchise used this:

mib-memory-flash.jpg

*edit*

: "In response to Gilbert Arenas' guilty plea to felony charges, adidas has terminated its agreement with the athlete effective immediately."

Link

I'm with mixed emotions, I like Agent Zero but how stupid can you be?

He just came back from injury for about a season and a half, and now this? Like it could've been avoided

Back
Top Bottom