Def Poetry

I havent had hbo since my dad took off our black box when we were kids so ive never seen this show and i was on youtube.

maaaaan these two poems really touched me

Def Poetry used to be the joint. Not too pretentious like your local "Love Jones" type spot. It had more of a collegiate "Poetry Night" type vibe.

No lies, i was gonna make a def poetry thread last week
laugh.gif
i'll post some of my favourites later on

I like Shihahn, Black Ice, and somebody else whos name escapes me right now. Does that +!%$ still come on though? I got the dvds up to like season 4 and interest fell off

I loved Def Poetry. This is what really got me to be passionate about poetry. I remember when Alicia Keys was on there man she was so dope.

*Plays Bongos*When white people's lights go off...they panic. When Black people's lights go off they plan it..*plays bongos*

I was gonna make a poetry thread but lo and behold

Anybody here been published or put out their own book?

Was published first time in grade school and been writing poetry ever since and now working on a "book"

lol Looking at the Op this HAD to be a grave dig. :lol:

Dude talking about illegal cable boxes..

Last edited:
lol Looking at the Op this HAD to be a grave dig. :lol:

Dude talking about illegal cable boxes..
just under 6 yrs gravedig. Nice..

Iamdef, one of the chics I met off Tindr and went on this long *** date with is published. She was a bad one too, I blew it though. Had on these Polo boots... I'll PM you the link to her stuff though. Streets is watchin

laugh.gif
 even though I posted in this thread six years ago, I did enjoy the show. 

Actually whenever I want to start a thread here I always search google with the potential topic and add in "niketalk" helps avoid diggin'

I wanted to see if anybody else on this site was a writer

I feel like there is timely filing limits for grave digging.

5 plus years, you can make another thread.

Back
Top Bottom