delete

LMAO we got dudes on here that have played college ball and you think they would get nervous on a student vs. staff basketball game? We don't all get nervous like you
Well clearly I am not speaking about those that have experience with playing in front of crowds smart guy.

Basketball has to be the one sport where everyone overrates their skill. I don't think I see this as much in football, soccer, baseball, etc.

Basketball has to be the one sport where everyone overrates their skill. I don't think I see this as much in football, soccer, baseball, etc.
not just basketball, i remember there was a "can you get a hit off of a MLB pitcher" thread a few years back

Guys who average 5 ppg in the nba game are the same guys who average 18-20 ppg or more in college d1 and average 20-30 ppg in varsity hs. A guy like Scalabrine who played like ten minutes total his ten years in the nba (completely exaggerating) dropped like 18 ppg in college.

You can look up any "scrub"'s resume and find they put up numbers in high school/college.

And an open shot in the nba for an nba player is not necessarily an open shot for you. If you're average height you better have a super quick release.
Well said. Folks don't understand this for some reason

These type of threads should be banned at this point. It's starting to piss me off to see ppl overrate themselves and underrate how quickly nba players can cover ground.

It's annoying man. These dudes in here couldn't make Clemson or St Johns roster but would score a couple buckets in a NBA. Dudes clearly don't understand the game of basketball like they think they do. speed and size NBA players play at is unreal. you have great college players come in the league and cant adjust to the speed. You not hitting a open J with a 6'8 wing closing with his hand up. It's not happening. Not from the trey ball line. I bet 98% of the dudes in here couldn't go to a Pro-am summer leauge game and get a bucket but you'll get one in the L? Stop it.

My point is, who are you who's probably never seen any of us play to think one of us couldn't hit one shot?

This is my thing, your shot is not as quick as his, and i doubt you have the NBA experience to find the open spot for the spot up. Plus your endurance won't allow you to finish off these shots bc you don't shoot NBA range in regular pickup. Then you have go come down the court and chase Dwane Wade on D. You dudes are forgetting its more to ball then putting up shots. You can't take the grind of a NBA game fresh off your couch it ain't happening.

who said straight off the couch though dummy.

If you gave NT'ers 2 weeks of an NBA practice and conditioning than im sure we can get a few pts. Not applying to people who have no basketball experience.

Some people are in great shape on here. Boris Diaw out of shape. Lots of NBA players are out of shape.

Soooo now we going to training camp to play in one game? O well since you put it that way, I'm sure alot of NTers would get 8+...FOH, you wanna get workouted by Phil Jackson and Pop too while they give you that two week camp. You know great drills that the elite work on bc I'm sure that'll help too.

Then your silly as bring up Boris like he's not 6'8 and can do a little of everything, based on your response I know your weak as water on court.
Fools had me hot in here.

If I'm lucky and open, maybe 2-3 points.

I don't even think they'd put me on the floor, to be honest. I'd have to play defense on the other side, and there is no way I'm keeping up with those guys. So, I'd probably ride the entire game with 0 points :lol:

Last edited:
well i'm short (5'8 ) so any shot attempt would get blocked by an average height guard
I'd try to run instantly when a shot is attempted and hope my teammate gets the rebound then toss it all the way down court for the open lay up :smokin

I'd probably live by setting screens and hoping someone knocks me over so I can get free throws since I'd play in the last minutes of a quarter :lol: or pick n rolls into a mid range shot

L life in the NBA but i'll take the paycheck

Last edited:
Fools had me hot in here.
roll.gif
 Dude said 15 like that is a little bit

The only answer is 0 because any regular dude that tries to keep with the NBA game speed is getting winded within minutes so even if there is a defensive lapse and you get a free layup you would probably smoke it cause your legs feel like led

Oh, I remember this thread. Surprising, it still alive.

0 even include garbage time :lol:

Hmm, my skills have improved. I still stick with my comment. Definitely zero point. In D-League? I'd say zero point as well. Watched Westchester Knicks game, a ****** with a pony hair is too good for me. There's no way that I should be able to score over him if I am even taller than him :lol:

Last edited:
If I'm lucky and open, maybe 2-3 points.

I don't even think they'd put me on the floor, to be honest. I'd have to play defense on the other side, and there is no way I'm keeping up with those guys. So, I'd probably ride the entire game with 0 points :lol:

when no ****, sherlock :lol:

My release is mad quick off the catch... not as fast off the dribble but i rarely get my shot blocked...im pretty sure i could hit a couple open jumpers ...

Im washed now though.lol

If we playing all star ball we all could score... hut if its wcf game 7, im not even gonna catch the ball... lol

Back
Top Bottom