*| | Denim _ School | |*

SuperSaiyan415

I wore them every other day for the past 3 months so they probably are like 8 months.

But anyways the lighting in my crib and cam skill sucks i got pics of them when they were about 5 months and the they look much better so idk...

just bought dry bones/self edges
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

chitown4eva wrote:
just picked up a pair of grey and two kinght stf's. Need a pair or two more of the grey and a pair of khakis. Love the greys.
pimp.gif

I may have to pick up some when I go to San Diego this winter. Sometimes living in Japan can have it's disadvantages
wat? you're doing it wrong
smh.gif

I meant as far as Levis (or other American brands). What you guys pay $35 for, I pay $90. Plus, most of the levis stores in Tokyo rarely go pass a size 36, so I can't even try on the jeans and get a good comparision to order it cheaper from the U.S. Levis on-line store. Of course, on the flipside, I pay retail or below for Japanese demin/brands. It has its advantages, but I just get a little tired of the mark up on U.S. products out here.

No no no. The thing is, Japan's Levi's are vastly superior to what we get here in the states. This is scientific fact. You don't wantto be paying $35 for garbage quality STF's when you can get your hands on actual quality 501's. Yes the price might be higher but what you'regetting (if you're doing it right) trumps whatever you can get here in the states.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

No no no. The thing is, Japan's Levi's are vastly superior to what we get here in the states. This is scientific fact. You don't want to be paying $35 for garbage quality STF's when you can get your hands on actual quality 501's. Yes the price might be higher but what you're getting (if you're doing it right) trumps whatever you can get here in the states.

I hear ya, but trust, there is no difference. All STFs are made in Mexico. Desides some collabos Levis has with ATMOS or other local boutiques that usespremium non-standard material, it's the same stuff you guys get in the States. Now, Evisu and other Japanese denim is a different story. The made inJapan Evisu denim that is sold in Japan, and the made in China Evisu denim that is sold in the states is like night and day. The made in China ones are beyondinferior as far as standards, fit, and fading.

Ay..What is an alright/ fair price for a pair of new standards and since I plan on wearing these jeans for several months are these better or grim timms?

APC's, supposedly, never goes on sale and discounts on them by stores are supposed to be forbidden so any retail price should be fair price.
Grim Trimms are Nudies so I guess your question is which is better, APC or Nudies? I thin Grim trims are slimmer than NS though but I am no expert.
I don't think you can go wrong with either one, just depends on the fit you are looking for.

I have some stf's do they stretch at all..this 30 waist is not a good look, I am more like a 31/32 but I assumed they would stretch a bit atleast 1 size.

Well I want slim jeans but nothing too tight i.e. levis 510 or nothing too loose i.e. slim jim..
With that in mind ns seems to fit fine but I've also heard of petite standard.It would seem obvious by the name but how do they fit compared to grimms?

Can someone tell me a good brand or website that sells size for us big guys?..I wear a 42x32 and don't want the overly baggy look that most manufacturersseem to think bigger guys are dying to wear..I want something regular fit..No slim/skinny or baggy fit..Just a really nice pair of straight leg classic fitjeans..Thanks for any help yall can provide..

Originally Posted by RFX45

APC's, supposedly, never goes on sale and discounts on them by stores are supposed to be forbidden so any retail price should be fair price.
Grim Trimms are Nudies so I guess your question is which is better, APC or Nudies? I thin Grim trims are slimmer than NS though but I am no expert.
I don't think you can go wrong with either one, just depends on the fit you are looking for.
APC does actually have a bi-annual (I believe) sale at their stores where you can get jeans for around $100, but unless you live by their storesor have a proxy, you are basically paying retail. As far as the difference between nudies and APC goes, while the two jeans do fit a little different (the NSbeing a fuller cut), I would go with APC from a quality perspective. Nudies, while they fade quite well and fast generally from what I've experienced/seen,are not going to last through any significant amount of wear. The crotch is going to blowout pretty quickly, and they are prone to tearing all over the jeans.I swear I never see a pair of Nudies over six months old that aren't patched or repaired some where. APC aren't the most durable jeans in the worldeither, but they are head and shoulders above Nudie IMO.

Originally Posted by casekicks

Can someone tell me a good brand or website that sells size for us big guys?..I wear a 42x32 and don't want the overly baggy look that most manufacturers seem to think bigger guys are dying to wear..I want something regular fit..No slim/skinny or baggy fit..Just a really nice pair of straight leg classic fit jeans..Thanks for any help yall can provide..

Depending on what you are looking for you might find some stuff on the Levis website. The 501 fits pretty much exactly how you are describing, and they offer anumber of colors in their big & tall section. They also made their 514 in the 'tumbled rigid' color, and although it is a slim cut which mightworry you, they really are not that fitted. I guess it all depends on your definition of baggy, but either cut would be a good place to start. Especiallyconsidering alot of other brands being discussed in here don't make jeans above 38/40 generally.

^^thanks for the help..I guess my definition of baggy is the stuff that you mostly find on sites like drjays.com..You know the stuff that has crazy designsstitched all over the pockets/legs/butt..It's really hard to find a nice quality pair of denim for big guys without have a massive LRG or Coogi logo acrossthe seat..

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Well I want slim jeans but nothing too tight i.e. levis 510 or nothing too loose i.e. slim jim..
With that in mind ns seems to fit fine but I've also heard of petite standard.It would seem obvious by the name but how do they fit compared to grimms?

I hears the Grimm Trims are almost on the 510 level in fit. I think the Thin Finns are the middle ground between Grim Trimms and Slim Jims.
I would suggest giving that one a try.

My fault about APC not going on sale, it's just that I heard and read from several places/stores that they never put them on sale and never eligible fordiscounts through coupons and promotions.

should've known i could get help on denim from NT. here is what i need help with...

i copped a couple of gap jeans and have been rotating those and a pair of guess jeans. i dont want to wear my jeans out too fast since my thighs sorta rub andcause wear on the crotch area but im already starting to see early signs of wear for one of them (it hasnt been a year yet.) im not skinny but by no means fat.i just want a pair of jeans that are loose around the thigh yet straight the rest of the leg ( i kinda like my jeans straight enough so they can't reallycover the kicks...) im 34x34. my friend told me to look into raw denim such as APCs since raw denim is good for dealing with wear. he told me i shouldn'twash them often, and looking around the thread i see wat he means. however i can't afford APCs right now

im lookin for jeans that hold up well against crotch wear, yet are less than $100. i need em loose in the thigh yet straight in the leg. i was lookin at levis569, not sure tho...

any advice is much appreciated.

Wait, so you are getting early signs of wear and it hasn't been a year yet?
Assuming by your statement, your denim rotation is approaching a years or so and by denim standards, getting only early signs of wear is good for a years worthof wear.

For less than a $100, I would suggest going to Macys and trying on all the Levis styles they have, from 514's to 501 to 569's.
Once you find a fit you are happy with, then you can move on and as more questions here because that is the only way other could give you a more detailedadvice on this kind of stuff.
I see Levis fit as a point of reference for most here because it is accessible by most and most experts know how Levis fit so once you can say "whatquality jeans fit like Levis 514s?" then you will get a much better answer.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

I hears the Grimm Trims are almost on the 510 level in fit. I think the Thin Finns are the middle ground between Grim Trimms and Slim Jims.
I would suggest giving that one a try.

My fault about APC not going on sale, it's just that I heard and read from several places/stores that they never put them on sale and never eligible for discounts through coupons and promotions.
Oh ok. Thank you. APC sales, would that by chance happen and blue and green?

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Can somebody tell me which Levi's are the raw denim kind?

So far ive only bought the 514's but im looking for the rigid jeans
514 "Rigid" is NOT raw denim. I don't care what Levis says, how the advertise it, etc... Get a pair of 514s, throw them in a bucket of water, and you will quickly be able to tell by the lack of indigo loss that they have been pre-washed at some point. The new 514 imprints are a different story, but since you want "RAW" (this word is getting so overused that it has almost lost its true meaning) your choices as far as men's levis are the 514 imprints, the 501 STF line, and then alot of the jeans in their LVC line (which besides old stock isn't currently being offered in the US until spring 10'). I believe there are a couple of Capital E's that are raw as well, but I don't mess with those and don't really know the product line that well.

My suggestion if you are new to the whole raw jeans thing would be to get a pair of STFs, soak them, and then wear them for as long as you can before a wash. It gives you an opportunity to see if the whole denim deal is for you, and if you decide that the dedication isn't worth it you are only out $50. Beyond the imprints and STFs you are looking at dropping a couple hundred generally on any of levis other raw offerings, and unless you are specifically into levis history there are probably brands that you would be happier with (Nudies/APC/Prps/Etc.) for less money.
yea i copped the 501's and soaked them yesterday. They look way better now but they didnt turn out the way i wanted them to. I was expecting the legs to get alot slimmer than they are now, the only major change was the length. Imma just work with these now though. Ill probably buy some Nudies later on down the line

rigid is rinsed one time and raw is untouched.....i have some old navy rigid denim and i actually really like'em

Wait, so you are getting early signs of wear and it hasn't been a year yet?
Assuming by your statement, your denim rotation is approaching a years or so and by denim standards, getting only early signs of wear is good for a years worth of wear.

For less than a $100, I would suggest going to Macys and trying on all the Levis styles they have, from 514's to 501 to 569's.
Once you find a fit you are happy with, then you can move on and as more questions here because that is the only way other could give you a more detailed advice on this kind of stuff.
I see Levis fit as a point of reference for most here because it is accessible by most and most experts know how Levis fit so once you can say "what quality jeans fit like Levis 514s?" then you will get a much better answer.

word thanks..

Alright guys I need some help. I wear a 38 x 36 in jeans and looking for some levis, but it seems like every department stores I go to, I just can't findmy size. I'm particularly looking for 514 or 501. I've seen some in 38 x 34 but im not too sure of what difference is that. Any good places to findsome levis in my particular size?

Some of my jawns.....

APC NS (1 yr/ 2 handwashes) There is a little more contrast going on but it was kinda hard to get accurate pics. The actual color is pretty close to the firstpic.

zippo fade on the back left pocket

Skull 5010xx (5 months/no water) The third pic is the most accurate.

New pickup from last week: Pre-soak SEXI08 BK , let me know if you guys want post-soak or fit pics

Peace....

Originally Posted by homeboy d

Some of my jawns.....

APC NS (1 yr/ 2 handwashes) There is a little more contrast going on but it was kinda hard to get accurate pics. The actual color is pretty close to the first pic.
zippo fade on the back left pocket

Skull 5010xx (5 months/no water) The third pic is the most accurate.
New pickup from last week: Pre-soak SEXI08 BK , let me know if you guys want post-soak or fit pics

Peace....

I'd like to see some fit pics posted.

Back
Top Bottom