*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by 35KD

Any good jeans around $100ish? I also need to get a pair of selvage jeans.

edit: How are Calvin Klein jeans? or Kenneth Cole jeans?
Anyone?
nerd.gif

calvin klein is aight...personally kenneth cole has some pretty cool jeans that i like..
for a hundred try getting some deisels .. it depends wat ur lookin for..people in this thread go OD nasty and rock jeans for 6 months in a row .. thats not forme, but if thats wat ur into than u should shop for the raw denim jeans

Originally Posted by big mike 13

i got them from Blue in Green, in store. i was contemplating whether to hem them or not, how much do you suggest?

Well depending on how much stack do you usually want, I know I run an extra 2-2.5 inches on my regular inseam and my stacks are perfect IMO. BiG is in NYright? Do they sell online?

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by big mike 13

i got them from Blue in Green, in store. i was contemplating whether to hem them or not, how much do you suggest?

What's you regular size in pants.... and what is the Samurai size you went with.

ALSO.... can you comment on what they told you about the shrinking?

You will probably get a 3" shrinkage in the inseam, and 1.5" in the waist. Waist will stretch back out an inch or so after wear. This is just a usualamount for unsanforized denim.

I just got my Good Society denims washed and
laugh.gif
wow @ the shrinkage. Idon't know if I'm still going to wear them or not.

for $60 I can't complain though.

Any good jeans around $100ish? I also need to get a pair of selvage jeans.

edit: How are Calvin Klein jeans? or Kenneth Cole jeans?
Anyone?
nerd.gif
1 or 2 pages back, someone mentioned Naked & Famous raw denim, don't know about selvage though.

Originally Posted by vintuc

^nice fit, just need a hem, those stacks are OD.

Where did you buy the sammies online, proxy?
Also those are not OD

2qta99x.jpg

These have way more stack and still look nice

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

^ I had some 501 STF and my stacks would NOT come.
Wasted $40 on those

What are you guys talking about when you say "stacks?" Do you mean honeycombs? Because "stacks" or "stalking" generally refers to the way the jeans stack towards the bottom of the leg when you buy a longer inseam. Honeycombs (which I am assuming you are talking about) are the wrinkles that form behind the knee, generally on more fitted pairs of jeans.

Also, I'm a little confused about this: Why would a tapered pair of jeans "stack" any more than a non-tapered pair? Maybe I'm missing something, but from what I am getting from this, it sounds like you don't nessecarily need to find a tapered pair of jeans to achieve the look that you want.
Yeah I'm talking about stacking, I'm asking because I've never seen someone wear STF's where stacking was involved. Also for tapered jeans is what I prefer, I hate big openings on the bottom

length is more important for stacks. like said before, the longer the inseam is, the more stacks.
example:
1037_012608jc7.jpg
fit031008.jpg

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

how much do jeans stretch out..like when you buy them how tight are they on your waist..how much should i expect the stretching to be?
bc i dont drop 175-200 n not get the PERFECT fit..im picky lol

varies. apc stretches the most hence the sizing suggestions
Originally Posted by IchewU

hey guys, wats the best way to get some fading in my apc new standards?

wear them more or do more in them.
natural fading and expression of lifestyle, if its slow fading, then inactive or slow life
Originally Posted by AirWeezy03

does any one where their STF's without shrinking them

you don't want to do this, because when you do wash/soak them after wear, the combs whiskers, and everything that you tried to fade will probably shift.
~Lefty

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

^ I had some 501 STF and my stacks would NOT come.
Wasted $40 on those

What are you guys talking about when you say "stacks?" Do you mean honeycombs? Because "stacks" or "stalking" generally refers to the way the jeans stack towards the bottom of the leg when you buy a longer inseam. Honeycombs (which I am assuming you are talking about) are the wrinkles that form behind the knee, generally on more fitted pairs of jeans.

Also, I'm a little confused about this: Why would a tapered pair of jeans "stack" any more than a non-tapered pair? Maybe I'm missing something, but from what I am getting from this, it sounds like you don't nessecarily need to find a tapered pair of jeans to achieve the look that you want.
Yeah I'm talking about stacking, I'm asking because I've never seen someone wear STF's where stacking was involved. Also for tapered jeans is what I prefer, I hate big openings on the bottom

length is more important for stacks. like said before, the longer the inseam is, the more stacks.
example:
1037_012608jc7.jpg
fit031008.jpg
What kinda jeans are those? How much longer in the inseam did you go from your regular size? Did you taper those too? and if you do buy a longerinseam, how do you make it look like that without them dragging all over the floor?

longer inseam + taper

those APCs on the previous page look pretty good. i would say sag just a little bit and they would fit perfect

those jeans above are lvc 1947 501xx. 38inseam, after wash/soak, probably shrink to 36 or 37, so thats how long they are. inseam on ALL apc are 34. so thatsthe inseam descriptions. samurais are like 37 or something on some. the lvc msrp is 175, but they stopped making them and selling in the usa:frown:
~Lefty

those jeans above are lvc 1947 501xx. 38inseam, after wash/soak, probably shrink to 36 or 37, so thats how long they are. inseam on ALL apc are 34. so thats the inseam descriptions. samurais are like 37 or something on some. the lvc msrp is 175, but they stopped making them and selling in the usa:frown:
~Lefty
HOLY
eek.gif

38 inseam? How tall are you?

^
Thats not him, he was using the pics for examples, also same thing I was thinking I'm 5'7, would 36 after soak inseam be too long on me?

personally, im 5'8.
depends how tall you are. i am wearing apc ns right now, size down a LOT! and these are 34.
10635_954230547310_13901346_56009361_8317187_n.jpg

10635_954227997420_13901346_56009208_4738196_n.jpg

these are like my skinny jeans pretty much, but motivates me to lose some weight.
getting the 47 for a little straighter more loose

~Lefty

Originally Posted by cs02132

those APCs on the previous page look pretty good. i would say sag just a little bit and they would fit perfect
thanks, i am sagging a bit, like an inch or two, but its kinda awkward sagging since when i first got them, i couldnt button the top two buttons

and after wearing it and wanting to sag more now, it feels the honeycombs will be off to where my knees are

not sure if that makes sense

I'm pretty tired of Levis and want some APC NS denim. I wear 34/34 in 511s and 34/32 in regular fit. What size should I get in APC NS and how do theycompare to Levi 511s. Thanks in advance.

those jeans above are lvc 1947 501xx. 38inseam, after wash/soak, probably shrink to 36 or 37, so thats how long they are. inseam on ALL apc are 34. so thats the inseam descriptions. samurais are like 37 or something on some. the lvc msrp is 175, but they stopped making them and selling in the usa:frown:
~Lefty
Man, the fit on those 47's is almost offensively bad IMO. I'm 6'2 and I've got a pair of 34 and a pair of 36 inseam, both of whichI cuff (double cuff the 36). I'm not sure where this obsession with stacks came about, but they are not supposed to stack all the way up your leg. GrantedI've got a very different style from the guy pictured, but I am now sure how anyone thinks that looks good or how that could be comfortable to wear.

Thank you for pointing out that inseam is the only factor on if a jean will stack or not though. The jeans pictured there are just Levi repros not all thatmuch different than modern STFs (although cut slimmer, and made out of Cone selvage) which some of you say won't stack. Any jean that you buy in an inseamthat is too long for you will do this once you wash/soak them and soften up/wash the starch out of the denim.

LVCs, however unpopular amongst denim nerds, are my favorite jeans though. The 33's, 44's, and 47's are all amazing jeans and my 47's get dailywear. I found out recently you can still buy USA LVCs somehow at the J Crew flagship in NYC, but they also have a new director and are supposedly going to beoffering a Spring 10' line in US Levi's stores again. I am too hyped.

i lost the 2 auctions:frown:
knives, thats would be awesome if they got lvc as they are domestically extinct. that lvc fit is an oldero ne. they have since softened and lightened up.
~Lefty

Hey LeftyJeenus, are both of the pictures LVC? Have you seen or heard any good from STF in forming nice stacks?

is the quality on levis reflective of the low price..cuz they are only 40 bucks max...for most models at macys and dillards..but i was about to go crazy n coplike 5 pairs..but i waas wondering if u jean gurus could help me out..
is the denim on levis 511 and 514 slim better than say over expensive trus and sevens?

Back
Top Bottom