*| | Denim _ School | |*

I'm just speaking about quality. @donpoppa

I've been buying Levi's for years and I want to make a change, is the quality in the more expensive pairs (PRPS, RRL, APC) worth the extra dough? How low are Levi's on the quality scale? I just want to buy some long lasting nice fitting denim.

My PRPS Ramblers are exceptional

You can definitely notice the difference in quality between the more expensive brands and Levi's. I wear a lot of levi's and the quality is solid. I have a pair of RRL's and they feel indestructible. Still trying to break them in.

Last edited:
I just got an offer from a co-worker; he has a connect who can get me Levi's from the outlet for the low (maximum price would be thirty), I'm down to grab a few but if I can hold off two weeks I'll have enough for some raw denim, maybe two pair (judging from what I have read here I could get two pair for around 300?). My question is should I hold off and grab the more expensive pairs? I want some denim that will last me a while and I like the idea of rocking them for prolonged periods without washing them.

Nit much of a hook up because Levi's are already 40 bucks at Macys and sears. You should buy 2 pairs of cheap pairs of raw denim before moving on to more expensive pairs. Some brands that are relatively cheap are APC, Naked and Famous, and Nudies, they are all in the 100-200 dollar range. If you want an even cheaper pair cop some unbranded jeans. At around 80 a pair they are a good first pair of raw denim

I just got an offer from a co-worker; he has a connect who can get me Levi's from the outlet for the low (maximum price would be thirty), I'm down to grab a few but if I can hold off two weeks I'll have enough for some raw denim, maybe two pair (judging from what I have read here I could get two pair for around 300?). My question is should I hold off and grab the more expensive pairs? I want some denim that will last me a while and I like the idea of rocking them for prolonged periods without washing them.

personally i say wait

you'll like the raw denim alot more and they're gonna last you wayyyyyyyy longer

not to mention they'll look better too :smokin

Don't think I've posted these pics in here so I'll put them up in case anyone is interested. I got the APC petit new standards (sized down 1). They were a little tight in the thighs at first but I was able to button all the buttons pretty easiler. I've worn them for a couple weeks and the thighs have loosened up a bit and I couldn't be happier with the fit. Comfortable rise, Slim legs and a nice taper. Highly recommended. The pics are from when I first got them although they look just about the same still.

wow these fit you really well man! keep us updated on them wear them errrrday! :smokin

i wish i was taller and slimmer so my jeans could fit me perfectly :lol:

nice! how do you like them so far??

i have a pair of naked & famous too ill post them in a bit

like the other guy said its a bit harder to get fades on them BUT its possible

i did get some fades on mine, just not as much as my APC's

i do also wear my jeans pretty hard though (pause)

Originally Posted by Lstylez23  
i really like them! best 135 dollars i've spent.

i got the indigos because i knew that it would be harder to get fades, i want this pair to still be dark just want some honeycombs and pocke fades 
nthat.gif

will get a pair a left hand twill to get good fades because those fade the fastest.

what do  you like better your APCs or Naked and Famous and do you know the closest fit in APCs to N&F Weird Guys?

i really like them! best 135 dollars i've spent.
i got the indigos because i knew that it would be harder to get fades, i want this pair to still be dark just want some honeycombs and pocke fades :nthat:

will get a pair a left hand twill to get good fades because those fade the fastest.

what do  you like better your APCs or Naked and Famous and do you know the closest fit in APCs to N&F Weird Guys?

thats whats up then!

i like my APC's more TBH but i dont think ive givin my N&F a long enough time though

i would say the closest would be new cures (if they still make them) or petite new standards

weird guys are actually the ones i have and i usually stay around the same fit

these are my Naked&Famous weird guys

0 washes, 0 soaks
idk how old though, i wanna say i got them in 2010 maybe 2011 but havent worn them for that long. been on and off
wanna get back in them but like i said i need to shed some lbs... :smh:
the thing i really like about these is i was wearing them a lot when i worked at home depot in the paint dept
so they have a few splatters in random places :lol:

oh yeah and they have a blow out at the crotch which i need to get fixed

What do you guys think about the gustin joints. I wanna try a pair?

hmm dont know too much about them.. ill look them up (from what i saw in their site its pretty dope)

the ones ive been thinking about trying out are Baldwins

i keep hearing good things

Those Samurai 710s :x
sflk;ajslf;sjdkl;fj ajfajflskdnvnfdsak I want those.

Anyways Weird Guys Deep Indigo is a b to fade.
I gave up on mines after about a year and wash later.

My IH 634s are fading at almost twice the rate. I can't wait to wash them and wear em more in the fall/winter.

Samurais :pimp:

Just copped some APC's off Tres Bien for $150, they have a nice little 25 Euro off deal going right now

theres alot of brands man

APC is kinda on the "lower end" for some heads :rolleyes (i know)

check out http://www.selfedge.com/shop/ for more brands and good quality denim..

Definitely gonna check that out. Good looks!

yes, let the raw denim flow through you (or at least your legs) tru's are for struggle rappers and rachets anyways

Haha I know man. I've been wanting a pair for the longest and now Im like why didnt I do this sooner lol.

anyone ever get the waist of their denim altered a bit shorter? :nerd:

I've had the mistake of purchasing a pair of RRL's but got my actual size & now I regret it since they've stretched a bit. :frown:

anyone ever get the waist of their denim altered a bit shorter?
nerd.gif

I've had the mistake of purchasing a pair of RRL's but got my actual size & now I regret it since they've stretched a bit.
frown.gif
give em a hot soak for about 30-45 minutes and they should shrink back to they size they first were

Is there any LIGHT wash denim you guys recommend out there? I've been checking out some of the brands posted in here but it doesn't look like there's much other than indigo washes are readily available in most cases. Really looking for some light blue denim I can wear everyday.

Also where online or what retail stores have good selection of Nudies?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom