*| | Denim _ School | |*

They're 12oz, so light but not too light. This isn't a bad thing, though. They're warm and break in much easier than some other denim will. I live in New England and they keep me plenty warm when it's cold out.
last question- is the rise the same on the PNS and NS?  thanks!

They're 12oz, so light but not too light. This isn't a bad thing, though. They're warm and break in much easier than some other denim will. I live in New England and they keep me plenty warm when it's cold out.
last question- is the rise the same on the PNS and NS?  thanks!

I think size 28-30 PNS have a .25" larger rise than size 28-30 PS but other than that they're all the same IIRC

Wanted to buy a pair of APCs off that website but they don't have my size
frown.gif
same here- next time...

Honestly i just don't know any better and don't normally wear raw jeans. I mean for the most part in my life, I have never experienced stretching of jeans and this stuff is just more so intriguing to me if any. Honestly I'd still never throw down money to get jeans that expensive but somewhat appreciate the craft that people put in to do this stuff.

For the most part damn its me's jeans didn't seemed that stretched and that is the only reason why I asked.
man for sure, folks acting like its science and not art...smh
basically, buy heavier weight denim, and those threads will hold up better/longer...lighter fabric lends to stretch easier...
always cold water wash, and always flat (lay out) dry

As far as wear/wash... many say contrary to popular belief when raw denim was all the rage(neverwash), that you could/should wash as much as you want and not expect deifferent wear-through results... I believe even the denim gods over at self-edge made comment in an interview that care for jeans wasnt a big deal ("just wash them, they're jeans" iirc)

I personally feel like cold water, only, and obv never ever ever a dryer...and only doing so after really really wearing beating and giving your jeans hell before wash one.... once you mesh and blend that stiff indigo element with that soft cotton, you dont nearly give your jeans the opportunity to contrast and wear through that most would prefer.

in short, youre stretch factor on 100% cotton jeans has way more to do with cut, care and construction, than it does anything else.

and to whomever said "knee stretch is inevitable" needs to buy an actual nice pair of jeans from SE...there are many brands they offer that are worthy, pjb, roy, fh, sugarcane, samurai, skulls, etc..... APC are a nice beginner project but would never compare to the fabric and makeup of something bought from a reputable japanese american repro (or inspired) brand 8)

Last edited:
i miss being able to wear jeans on a daily basis to get some great wear in. the process is extemely slow when you can only a pair at most 2x a week.

man for sure, folks acting like its science and not art...smh
basically, buy heavier weight denim, and those threads will hold up better/longer...lighter fabric lends to stretch easier...
always cold water wash, and always flat (lay out) dry

As far as wear/wash... many say contrary to popular belief when raw denim was all the rage(neverwash), that you could/should wash as much as you want and not expect deifferent wear-through results... I believe even the denim gods over at self-edge made comment in an interview that care for jeans wasnt a big deal ("just wash them, they're jeans" iirc)

I personally feel like cold water, only, and obv never ever ever a dryer...and only doing so after really really wearing beating and giving your jeans hell before wash one.... once you mesh and blend that stiff indigo element with that soft cotton, you dont nearly give your jeans the opportunity to contrast and wear through that most would prefer.

in short, youre stretch factor on 100% cotton jeans has way more to do with cut, care and construction, than it does anything else.

and to whomever said "knee stretch is inevitable" needs to buy an actual nice pair of jeans from SE...there are many brands they offer that are worthy, pjb, roy, fh, sugarcane, samurai, skulls, etc..... APC are a nice beginner project but would never compare to the fabric and makeup of something bought from a reputable japanese american repro (or inspired) brand
glasses.gif
yes, the stuff at SE all looks incredibly amazing.  but for those prices, it is an absolute must that i try on.  next time i'm in SF, it will be my first stop.

Man, I got a $120 gift card for APC like 2 years ago that I never used..

Hopefully it'll still work so I can pick up some jeans. Gonna be my first pair of raw denim.

Man, I got a $120 gift card for APC like 2 years ago that I never used..

Hopefully it'll still work so I can pick up some jeans. Gonna be my first pair of raw denim.
you'll love having raw denim.  it really is cool to see and fell how they change over time.

damn its me damn its me Apologies. Should have said that knee stretch is inevitable for APCs, at least from my experience.

Although, the knee on my PNS haven't stretched much at all.

Are your prps raw? Seems like most of your pairs come predistressed

No these are straight up raw; I have raw orange/purple Barracudas too but I haven't worn them in forever

I love the Rambler fit

Here is a pic when I first copped model P45P28V

Last edited:
Yup I'm barely seeing fades on my PRPS Ramblers which are two years old

I only wear them on weekends or if I go out during the week
i miss being able to wear jeans on a daily basis to get some great wear in. the process is extemely slow when you can only a pair at most 2x a week.
Try once a month if you wanna talk about a slow process .
If i were in your guys' situation, I would put them on right after work everyday and wear them until you sleep.  I have also slept in my nudie selvage a few times, just to get some of the stiffness out - haha

Back
Top Bottom