*| | Denim _ School | |*

copped some PRPS Noirs for $139 :pimp:

this pair

How :nerd:

You don't! Many have tried and you always get the same result. Until you get the dye broken up, and you soak/wash for the first time, you will get bleeding.
Upon second thought, wouldn't cuffing your jeans solve the problem? The interior doesn't bleed, does it?

Upon second thought, wouldn't cuffing your jeans solve the problem? The interior doesn't bleed, does it?

As Davizzy stated, it won't.

Until you wash/soak a few times, you will not be able to get away with the bleeding. For me, Fall/winter/spring raw denim weather just means boots and dark colored kicks for me :\.

i assume you are talking about the selvedge line?

hemming them will not mess them up. if you are feeling fancy, get them chain stitched for a roping effect

Last edited:
I have no idea what chain stitched is. I hemmed a pair of PRPS and they look odd when I cuff them. I'm planning on getting my APC's hemmed but not with the OG hem. Hoping that a regular hem will widen the leg opening but don't want the selveged edge to get ****** up.

Last edited:
I have no idea what chain stitched is. I hemmed a pair of PRPS and they look odd when I cuff them. I'm planning on getting my APC's hemmed but not with the OG hem. Hoping that a regular hem will widen the leg opening but don't want the selveged edge to get ****** up.

It's the yellow line of thread that is located on the cuff of the denim.

As far as hemming goes, you are better off finding a good tailor that has the machine needed to properly chain stitch your denim if/when you get them hemmed. If you are going to spend $200 plus on denim, you might as well spend the $30-$40 to get them properly hemmed.

Also, I would not hemmed raw denim (depending on your height)! You won't get the the true shrinkage until after a couple of good hot soaking/washings. This is especially the case with Japanese unsanforized denim. I've seen 36 inseams turn to 33 - 33.5 after a couple of soakings. Just cuff or stack until you soak.

It's the yellow line of thread that is located on the cuff of the denim.

As far as hemming goes, you are better off finding a good tailor that has the machine needed to properly chain stitch your denim if/when you get them hemmed. If you are going to spend $200 plus on denim, you might as well spend the $30-$40 to get them properly hemmed.

Also, I would not hemmed raw denim (depending on your height)! You won't get the the true shrinkage until after a couple of good hot soaking/washings. This is especially the case with Japanese unsanforized denim. I've seen 36 inseams turn to 33 - 33.5 after a couple of soakings. Just cuff or stack until you soak.
i agree with this.  i would advise against hemming if you plan to wash them in the future.

Have a pair of N&F Weird Guys size 34 looking to get rid of PM for details.

Last edited:
chain stitching is a method used to stitch the hem, not the color of the thread. the color of the thread does not have to be yellow. a reason why chain stitch is used, other than it looks cool after significant wear, is that it is considered to be the 'authentic' way

chain stitching is a method used to stitch the hem, not the color of the thread. the color of the thread does not have to be yellow. a reason why chain stitch is used, other than it looks cool after significant wear, is that it is considered to be the 'authentic' way

I dont think he was insinuating that it had to be yellow, he just wanted to denote what it was and that was the only way to describe it in the picture. I also agree that chain stitching is the only way denim should be hemmed.

My only problem with not hemming my denim now is that I usually like all my jeans and pants to be 29 in length. These APC's are a 34. Also the leg opening is TO tight. I was hoping that hemming them would widen that up.

My only problem with not hemming my denim now is that I usually like all my jeans and pants to be 29 in length. These APC's are a 34. Also the leg opening is TO tight. I was hoping that hemming them would widen that up.

Damn, :lol: it's opposite for me. I love the 6.5" opening on my PS. Anything bigger feels bootcut :x

perhaps the fit of the PNS is not what you are looking for? hemming them would only make them shorter, the opening would be the same. if you are looking for a wider opening, i would suggest another cut, maybe the new standards?

Back
Top Bottom