*| | Denim _ School | |*

Heavier denim like the 21oz will probably feel like night and day compared to most jeans on the market, especially if you're new to the raw world. Plus I doubt you'd want to wear them now that summer is around the corner. I have some 19oz N&F that I'm about to put away until the fall.

I'd say go for the 14oz, more versatile for year round wear and they're about $30 cheaper.

Heavier denim like the 21oz will probably feel like night and day compared to most jeans on the market, especially if you're new to the raw world. Plus I doubt you'd want to wear them now that summer is around the corner. I have some 19oz N&F that I'm about to put away until the fall.

I'd say go for the 14oz, more versatile for year round wear and they're about $30 cheaper.
Any recommendations on good 14oz?

I live in SF and wearing jeans through the summer is actually not a problem. We hardly get any intense seasons out here which is a good and a bad thing. I would just want the 21oz to break fast but since I do work a 9 to 5, it's hard to really put time into them.

They got some Naked and Famous jeans on Karmaloop for 25% off with free shipping. I need to go to a shop though cause weird guy fit was way too tight for some reason. Wondering if I shoudl size up.

http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-Weird-Guy-Jeans-in-Left-Hand-Twill-Selvedge-Wash/261408

Oh.....didn't know that. Was even thinking about getting the 21oz undbranded ones and try to wear through that whole thing. Might not even make it though.

I'm working on some unbranded they are nice for the price can't beat it and they are sturdy well constructed only grip front pockets are a little small

I'm working on some unbranded they are nice for the price can't beat it and they are sturdy well constructed only grip front pockets are a little small
Would you happen to know which one or their models fits like apc pns?

ROYGBiV ROYGBiV Well 14oz denim is pretty standard across the brands. But check out Rogue Territory, 3sixteen, left field NYC, Baldwin, Gustin, Lee just to name a few.

EDIT:

Actually check out http://scout.rawrdenim.com/, it can find denim that meets your criteria just by inputting what you're looking for.

Last edited:
I heard the 21 oz. joints fade suuuper fast. Faster than the 14.5 oz.

I just read some stuff. This is crazy progress though:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2014/03/fade-friday-unbranded-21-oz-221-6-months-1-soak-1-seawash/

2 months:
ub2month.jpg

4 months:
ub4month.jpg

I live in SF and wearing jeans through the summer is actually not a problem. We hardly get any intense seasons out here which is a good and a bad thing. I would just want the 21oz to break fast but since I do work a 9 to 5, it's hard to really put time into them.

They got some Naked and Famous jeans on Karmaloop for 25% off with free shipping. I need to go to a shop though cause weird guy fit was way too tight for some reason. Wondering if I shoudl size up.

http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-Weird-Guy-Jeans-in-Left-Hand-Twill-Selvedge-Wash/261408

Don't size up! I usually go size down one (33) or stick with a 34 in NF.

Unbranded denim fades quickly but the fit is pretty bad, in my experience. The rise is ridiculously high, the waist is tighter than it should be and doesn't stretch. Pockets are also very small

No. You gotta pay to play. If you don't like buttons on your jeans and them to fit like they are made from cardboard go ahead.

I'm missing buttons on mine and they just suck. You can get uniqlos and Taylor them for less than unbranched. I'll post my uniqlos later with 2 months on them.

Last edited:
No. You gotta pay to play. If you don't like buttons on your jeans and them to fit like they are made from cardboard go ahead.
Lol I guess we can agree to disagree. Pockets are small but I've had two pairs and for the price point I feel the value is proportionate. 

I disagree that they are horrible. While I got my pair for $50, the skinny cut fits me fine.

Maybe your body isn't meant for the cut? The cardboard thing ? Uh not sure what your trying to get at there :lol:

If anything the break in for these is not as harsh as most jeans usually are those first weeks

Yeah if you like them I'm not making fun of you. I just won't get any more. Nah nine never broke in after 6 months. They are black though.

My body type is good for any cut really. I'll wear some baggy types to skinny. I'm pretty lean.

I feel you. You outgrow the big box brands eventually.

Last edited:
Again, in my experience they didn't work for my body type.

However, the fact that the pockets are small is true, my iPhone hardly fit in mine and they were a size 33. They are also extremely rigid, and look pretty bad before they're broken in. At the $70 price point, I'd rather spend a bit more and get N&F on sale, but again that's just me.

With that said, Urban Outfitters and I'm sure other carriers of Unbranded offer free returns, so it's worth a shot if you're interested in them

I'm missing buttons on mine and they just suck. You can get uniqlos and Taylor them for less than unbranched. I'll post my uniqlos later with 2 months on them.

Wait....the Uniqulos that are in shop now or did you get a pair that was made better? I saw them jeans there and they had a gang of them and they didn't even feel stiff at all. Seemed like something you'd find at Target or something.

I actually went to Gap yesterday and I actually just got rid of a pair but not sure why they always seem to sell me on being somewhat of a quality build denim. I would have kept mine if they were my size and faded in some sort of fashion. I was told they hardly fade at all.

They are 10 years old and I bought them from Japan. Sounds like they fell off. They are light weight. Summer style. Not poor quality at all though. But what you describe sounds like hm or target like you said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom