*| | Denim _ School | |*

Those are dope. Price ain't too bad either considering you're getting great quality denim.

Have you been getting your Rambler's hemmed? I can't find any inseam information on their sizing chart but all the ones I've tried on have been pretty long. Although I do like the stacking at the leg

I never get my stuff hemmed I just return it if I don't like the fit

I went two sizes up on these Ramblers; they are a bit long but when I wash them I know they will shrink up a bit

I sold my old pair of Ramblers which I LOVED but the damn waist was too tight and I couldn't take it anymore; purple selvedge is just too :pimp:

Were those raw when you got them? My goodness that stitching is beautiful. You can really tell the difference in quality between different price points of Raw selvedge denim. The level of detail and the color of fade.

@Hennessy , look into the demon fit as well. These are my demons from 2012/2013. Wore them roughly 7 months, one wash.

^Those look good. Is the Demon slimmer than the Rambler? I am skinnier so I'm not sure that the Rambler is for me, but, it's a very flattering fit on you. I would definitely get them hemmed two inches if I were you.

^Those look good. Is the Demon slimmer than the Rambler? I am skinnier so I'm not sure that the Rambler is for me, but, it's a very flattering fit on you. I would definitely get them hemmed two inches if I were you.
Yeah I'm definitely gonna get them hemmed, especially since once they're broken in a bit more they're probably gonna fall a bit.

The Demon is slimmer than the Rambler. It's also got a mid rise and a narrower leg opening imo. Rambler is slim in the thigh then more relaxed past the knee, but not in a boot cut way. Just enough to make it comfortable. Demon has a slight taper from a more relaxed seat. Comparable to 514s/sized up 511s.

yeah those were raw when I got them; they were amazing but the damn waist was killer

If I could go back in time and go a size up I would be so happy

I never get my stuff hemmed I just return it if I don't like the fit

I went two sizes up on these Ramblers; they are a bit long but when I wash them I know they will shrink up a bit

I sold my old pair of Ramblers which I LOVED but the damn waist was too tight and I couldn't take it anymore; purple selvedge is just too
pimp.gif
My favorite part is the buttons haha, scored a pair of these at burlington a few years back for like $70 they got some crazy wash to them couldn't pass them up, still one of my favorites
pimp.gif

Sorry guys for the lateness and the terrible pics. 

Gotta love my mommas kitchen.

Also do you guys think this is OD denim? LOL

Picked up my UB101 Skinnys yesterday. Wore them to work

Went one size down to compensate for stretching. Jeans were OD tight when I got them but are slowly stretching out and breaking in nicely.

Anyone point me in the direction of some budget jeans that look like selvage but aren't raw.

Looking for a slim cut with a 6.5 inch taper. I like the fit of 508's in the hips but they aren't tapered enough

Gap-unbranded.

Was just at the gap store.

The light washed salvaged pair they have was marked down from 90 to 50 and there dark was still at 108

Unbranded is 80 ish on urban and if you can get an employee code you can probably get them for 40 that's how I got mine

Anyone ever invest in pure japan blues?

I may bite the bullet on the xx-007, xx-010 or xx-011 by the end of the year.

I've seen a lot of good things about PBJ's, they fade uniquely. Check the Hypebeast Denim forum, they have a lot of good info about them in there.

I've seen a lot of good things about PBJ's, they fade uniquely. Check the Hypebeast Denim forum, they have a lot of good info about them in there.
Yeah, I love the fading that I've seen from various blogs. Something about the leaf in the backpocket is cool to me too. My only issue (besides the price :lol:) is I don't wear jeans often during the work week. So I would only have Friday + the weekends to really wear them.

Last edited:
^ reped, been reading Rawr for close to 2 years now, and the site continues to improve all the time. Really great variety of articles.

@PMatic I actually got a pair of PBJ XX-011s from Blue in Greene a while back made a huuuuge mistake.. I went with their measurements and sized accordingly to accommodate for shrinking when soaked (unsanforized) and when I got them in i could barely fit my legs into them. I'm a fairly average sized dude, 5'10"ish and ~140 but man these were some tight *** jeans. Now heres the real $^%# - up.. I got them hemmed 1 (just 1) single inch in the inseam, and so they became unreturnable..... What I then had was a $300 pair of jeans that would only fit an extremely tall 9 year old... A couple emails back and forth with them and I was able to send them back to be placed on their "consignment program" to at least try and sell them to get some of my money back, but god damn I really took an L with that one. So in short, PBJ denim is fantastic, but be sure you can try them on in person before buying.... Never buying raw denim online again lol

Last edited:
^ reped, been reading Rawr for close to 2 years now, and the site continues to improve all the time. Really great variety of articles.

@PMatic I actually got a pair of PBJ XX-011s from Blue in Greene a while back made a huuuuge mistake.. I went with their measurements and sized accordingly to accommodate for shrinking when soaked (unsanforized) and when I got them in i could barely fit my legs into them. I'm a fairly average sized dude, 5'10"ish and ~140 but man these were some tight *** jeans. Now heres the real $^%# - up.. I got them hemmed 1 (just 1) single inch in the inseam, and so they became unreturnable..... What I then had was a $300 pair of jeans that would only fit an extremely tall 9 year old... A couple emails back and forth with them and I was able to send them back to be placed on their "consignment program" to at least try and sell them to get some of my money back, but god damn I really took an L with that one. So in short, PBJ denim is fantastic, but be sure you can try them on in person before buying.... Never buying raw denim online again lol
Why would you hem if they already didn't fit?

Raw denim is fairly easy to buy online imo as long as you know your body's measurements and the measurements from a pair of jeans you like the fit of. And i'm not talking just waist and inseam. Im talking thigh, knee, leg opening, rise etc.

They offer a free hemming service when you purchase the jeans, so I figured all I needed was an inch, since the jeans are 37" inseam plus ~2" shrinking so 34" would have been perfect.

And that's what I was most surprised about, I compared measurements to every pair of pants I own, and taking every precaution possible with the sizing but I guess something must have just been off

Back
Top Bottom