*| | Denim _ School | |*

Is this the spot? I googled Taraval Cleaners and this is the only thing that came up close to 19th St. http://www.yelp.com/biz/sunny-dry-cleaners-san-francisco

To give my place credit, they are good at what they do and are highly recommended by the Banana Republic store since most guys that buy there get their stuff tailored there. Most stuff I get done their have been reasonable but that pair I got done seemed high for whatever reason. I feel like the slevedge joints would be an added cost but it's literally a block away from my work where as Taraval is more of an effort. It's still save me $20 though.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hb-alterations-san-francisco

Thanks man ill give em a try. Have a bunch of 7's and Joe's that I like but the fit at the openings is too big like 8"

Got a pair of the uniqlo pure blue Japan loose fit tapered. Initial thoughts are it is definitely worth more than $60 and the fit is on point for someone with the midsize waist/large thighs and butt. I got a 34 and I normally wear 35-36 in slim fits just so I can get my legs in the jeans. The waist was perfect and the 7 inch leg opening is perfect. Highly recommend them for someone with a similar body type.

Got me a pair as also a few days ago, I'm usually a 35-36, so I just went with the 36 to be safe and they fit perfectly, quality is decent too

I'm tall with huge thighs but I found these to fit nicely and the taper is good as well
smokin.gif

Got me a pair as also a few days ago, I'm usually a 35-36, so I just went with the 36 to be safe and they fit perfectly, quality is decent too

I'm tall with huge thighs but I found these to fit nicely and the taper is good as well:smokin

Do they feel up to par with Gap selvage jeans? Last time I saw some UNIQLOs, they seemed cheap as hell. At least Gap seems quality even though they are not and won't fade. I just want to try the UNIQLOs just cause they actually fade.

Do they feel up to par with Gap selvage jeans? Last time I saw some UNIQLOs, they seemed cheap as hell. At least Gap seems quality even though they are not and won't fade. I just want to try the UNIQLOs just cause they actually fade.
I couldn't tell you honestly, I've been purchasing Levis nearly my whole life, I did pick up a pair of APC NPS but had to return them, but to me the quality feels good but I don't have much knowledge on it

Any opinions on Zara? :nerd:

I know they can be really tight. :lol:

But wondering if the quality is as good as the cost or if you guys would prefer something else in that similar range.

Last edited:
Zara's jeans are probably like all their stuff, hit or miss.

Have a jacket I caught on sale that has held up well, but also had some shoes that fell apart in no time.

I'd pay attention to the weight, feel, and stitching before dropping any cash there. And only buy on sale.

Any opinions on Zara? :nerd:

I know they can be really tight. :lol:

But wondering if the quality is as good as the cost or if you guys would prefer something else in that similar range.

Zara's jeans are probably like all their stuff, hit or miss.

Have a jacket I caught on sale that has held up well, but also had some shoes that fell apart in no time.

I'd pay attention to the weight, feel, and stitching before dropping any cash there. And only buy on sale.

This right here.

Have a varsity jacket from last fall which has held up nicely.

On the other hand, I purchased a few pairs of jeans last winter on sale for $20 and they were every bit the 20 dollar jeans one would expect. They stretched like crazy after a few wears, garbage.

Cop on sale.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Repped.

Any comparable denim in the same price range with a skinny fit? I got small basketball/filipino calves so I try to get really skinny jeans which ends up being like a tapered look on me lol.

I actually tapered my denims according to my pairs from Zara. I actually have a lot of pants from zara now that I think about it. I love the fit on them. The basic skinny jeans are my regular go to pair if I'm not wearing my Raws. They aren't raws or anything but I would def recommend Zara if you're comfortabke with that fit. Plus they are way more comfortable then my raws cause I'm still breaking them in.

Last edited:
I have some limited edition RRL denim that only came in one length. The inseam is too long. Should I get them hemmed? I don't want to ruin the selvedge though or the jeans for that matter. I don't like cuffing either cause I don't think it looks good.

I have some limited edition RRL denim that only came in one length. The inseam is too long. Should I get them hemmed? I don't want to ruin the selvedge though or the jeans for that matter. I don't like cuffing either cause I don't think it looks good.

definitely.

I wear Flat Head and they usually ship with the same length, and then you get them hemmed. I got mine hemmed by Selfedge in SF but any tailor should be able to do it. Also, It should definitely not ruin the selvedge, unless you were also getting them tapered..

Last edited:
You probably should get them hemmed at a place that specializes with selvedge jeans. they are a bit more expensive but well worth it. I recommend Railcarfinegoods of selfedge. I'm guessing you got the dark olive Limited edition RRL jeans. I have the last 3 Limited edition jeans that released and those are my fave.

definitely.

I wear Flat Head and they usually ship with the same length, and then you get them hemmed. I got mine hemmed by Selfedge in SF but any tailor should be able to do it. Also, It should definitely not ruin the selvedge, unless you were also getting them tapered..

You probably should get them hemmed at a place that specializes with selvedge jeans. they are a bit more expensive but well worth it. I recommend Railcarfinegoods of selfedge. I'm guessing you got the dark olive Limited edition RRL jeans. I have the last 3 Limited edition jeans that released and those are my fave.

I actually have the cotton linen ones. They've been collecting dust since they first dropped and since it's hot in SoCal I want to wear them instead of the heavier RRL denim I have. The ones you mentioned had the camo pockets right? If so :pimp:

Thanks for the input though fellas. I'm going to look for some tailors and look into Selfedge as well.

If I don't get them hemmed what's everyone's opinions on stacking. Too childish?

Last edited:
I purchased a pair back in December and the quality seems pretty good for the price, especially since I got them for $25.  I don't have any high end denim, as I usually wear Levi's, but the Uniqlo selvedge I bought seems as well constructed as Levi's if not better.  I've only had them for a short time, but they seem fine to me.

Back
Top Bottom