*| | Denim _ School | |*

good looks on the gustin link

any one have suggestions on where to get a belt similiar to their belts? seems like its OOS?

For everyone asking about unbranded. Don't size down. Go up one on the skinny. I got the black skinny I don't know why they call them skinny though. They aren't.

For everyone asking about unbranded. Don't size down. Go up one on the skinny. I got the black skinny I don't know why they call them skinny though. They aren't.
yep, unbranded brand skinny is def not skinny. Those are much more baggy on you than how it looked on me when I picked up my first pair though. Anyhow, I got true to size and they were tight with little stretching, I had like 2 buttons pop off :rolleyes :lol: but I knew this kid who actually sized down on them and i think by 2 :smh: kid couldnt even button the pants up

My skinny unbranded button pop too and that was on my true to size lol couldn't even button the top two, Worst jeans I ever gotten and it was a gift so couldn't bring it back.

My skinny unbranded button pop too and that was on my true to size lol couldn't even button the top two, Worst jeans I ever gotten and it was a gift so couldn't bring it back.
i personally like em for the price but they are def to be sized up on :lol: gap selvage is probably worst i've ever owned.

A pair of PRPS jeans rambler I got from jack thread recently. Alittle on the tight side. I couldn't even button the last 2 buttons.

Last edited:
i just purchased a pair of APC petit standards & this is the first time i've ever wanted to get raw denim hemmed.. 33 inseam is a bit too long, not a fan of how it stacks.

anyone have any tips or things i should consider before doing a hem? original hem? shrinking in a future wash so i should still keep it a little longer?

any help would be appreciated.

i just purchased a pair of APC petit standards & this is the first time i've ever wanted to get raw denim hemmed.. 33 inseam is a bit too long, not a fan of how it stacks.

anyone have any tips or things i should consider before doing a hem? original hem? shrinking in a future wash so i should still keep it a little longer?

some1 correct me if Im wrong, but they are going to have to wash them ( so they shrink) before hemming. Because if they hem them, and then u wash them, it will mess up the length even more. SO if you are oky with the waist and dont want it to be too tight, you might as well just cuff them and wear them until you break them in, then get them hemmed.

I faced that same problem with a pair of unbrandeds. They were 34 inseam, and I hated the cuffs because they were kinda chunky, but if I got them hemmed, the tailors would have to wash them first. And since they were tight enough as is ( and werent stretching in the waist/crotch) , I just decided to get rid of them

edit: are we allowed to sell jeans here? I need to get rid of my unbrandeds

Last edited:

do not take this for gospel, but i think that if your jeans are sanforized as opposed to unsanforized (i'm not sure) then hemming them before the first wash should not have a negative effect on them.

with that said, i would take them wear you bought them. sometimes places that sell premium denim will hem them for you.

can someone explain to me why you need to wait to wash raw denim, what's the point?

It not that you need to wait there is really no need to was them for a while unless you soil/stain them. This is the same for all clothes though. All you have to do is hang and air out.

Last edited:
can someone explain to me why you need to wait to wash raw denim, what's the point?
The idea behind it is that the initial months are essential in creating the whiskers, honeycombs, and various other fades you desire. Additionally, this is when the jeans take shape and contour to your body. When you first wash your raw denim it will lose lots of indigo, but if you wash them too soon they will have bland, little, or no personal contrast because you haven't developed any of the fading. After this it will be difficult to achieve those fades because with each wash less indigo will come off. So that initial wash can be crucial.

A pair of PRPS jeans rambler I got from jack thread recently. Alittle on the tight side. I couldn't even button the last 2 buttons.

This is sort of a dumb question but I just want to know. I just bought some PRPS for $80. It's a pair of almost acid wash faded Barracuda straight fit. Anyways....what is the legitamacy of the brand? Like are these compared to some True Religions? I've heard of them before and know they are Japanese denim but I looked them up and they seem to be an American owned brand that just uses Japan to make their stuff.

normally a 32 in naked and famous weird guys, found a nice deal on gilt for a pair but the only have a 33. Do you guys think sizing up one will truly make the big of a differences or will a simply hem make up for it?

normally a 32 in naked and famous weird guys, found a nice deal on gilt for a pair but the only have a 33. Do you guys think sizing up one will truly make the big of a differences or will a simply hem make up for it?
sizing up shouldn't really make a difference and if you don't like the length you can easily hem them. Personally i always size so i can cuff my jeans

yep, unbranded brand skinny is def not skinny. Those are much more baggy on you than how it looked on me when I picked up my first pair though. Anyhow, I got true to size and they were tight with little stretching, I had like 2 buttons pop off :rolleyes :lol: but I knew this kid who actually sized down on them and i think by 2 :smh: kid couldnt even button the pants up
They are probably baggier because I didn't size down. That pic was after a month I think at fist they still were too tight in my thighs. These jeans kind of suck but you can't beat the price. I rotate with 5 year old APCs that look like they did 3 tours in Nam.

I recently bought a pair of Naked and Famous dungaree selvedge jeans in the weird guy fit. They seemed to fit in the dressing room but after wearing them around a couple of days they seem looser than I would prefer. Should I soak them in warm/hot water to shrink them? Will that have an effect on future fading?
Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to help out and write a reply, I appreciate it.

I recently bought a pair of Naked and Famous dungaree selvedge jeans in the weird guy fit. They seemed to fit in the dressing room but after wearing them around a couple of days they seem looser than I would prefer. Should I soak them in warm/hot water to shrink them? Will that have an effect on future fading?
Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to help out and write a reply, I appreciate it.

You should have gotten a smaller size to compensate for the stretch. If you hot soak, they're just going to stretch back again to original size.

Anyone have any insight as the sizing on Petit Standards? Should I go down two again, or would one suffice?

Back
Top Bottom