Denver Nuggets (10-4) 2023-24 Season Thread: 11/22 @ Magic

We look really bad out there.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Injuries or not, going 1-6 in your last 7 is not a good thing.

^ That's definitely a plus, and it can't come soon enough with The Rooster out.

Tough game for yall tonight. Too many turnovers.

At this point I wonder if we'll still make the playoffs. The west is too competitive to go on these losing streaks and we have to stem the tide somehow. The sad part is that I have 0 confidence in this team with GK, Nene, and AAA playing prominent roles. GK has pulled the wool over folks eyes for far too long and was able to use Melo as an excuse for his terrible coaching, Nene is the most talented, yet bummy big (other than Javale McGee) in the league, and AAA is just a bum.

7 days ago, the Nuggets, on the road, had blown out the Clippers and were 2nd in the West. Since then, 0-5, and now sitting at the 7th seed. 
30t6p3b.gif

Blazers, I think this team is just full of soft dudes that have 0 mental toughness. I know guys are injured but there is no sense of urgency to attempt to play through pain. Guys like Nene and AAA pretend like they can take a game off here or there but with a 66 game schedule some guys need to play through pain.

This slide is bad but I feel the nuggets will get through it, I heard Chandler will join the team in march and they'll probably be a 6 or 7 seed around playoff time.

Absolutely. Even when they were in the lead tonight, in the first half, they didn't look confident. Lawson looks like he's reverted back to playing timid, for whatever reason, even when he isn't alongside 'Dre. Like when Curry just fell over trying to draw a charge in the half-court on Lawson's penetration on back-to-back possessions--Lawson just passed the ball. Didn't penetrate more, try to draw a help defender, didn't look to shoot a wide-open 15-footer, he just passed it out to a wing whose defender was in position.

Afflalo is really killing me right now, as is Rudy. Rudy may be one of the dumbest players I've watched. Every decision he makes is terrible--when he decides to shoot, the stupid rushed shots with all his limbs flailing in different directions when he has time, when he decides to penetrate, where he decides to penetrate, and the passes he throws. Then after he ^$#&s up, he always looks at either the ref or a teammate and makes a girly looking face like it's their fault he can't make simple plays.

AAA thinks he's nice now
laugh.gif

Nene needs to site for the rest of the month until he's completely healthy. Bad heel + favoring it = more injuries.

Nice to see them battle back last night from that early double-digit deficit.

Lawson & Brewer played great, and Afflalo played pretty well. I'm glad Karl didn't go to his bench too much, but I still could've done with less Al out there.

nuggets
[h1] Left calf injury puts Nene out of Nuggets' lineup again [/h1]
Posted: 02/13/2012 01:00:00 AM MST
Updated: 02/13/2012 01:04:12 AM MST
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post

Nene is day to day. Again.

First it was the left heel, and now it's the left calf that could keep the Nuggets big man sidelined. Officially he is listed as questionable for Denver's next game, Tuesday at home against Phoenix. But after Saturday's win at Indiana, coach George Karl said: "How long Nene will be out, I don't know. He'll probably miss Tuesday's game, maybe a few more. ... I haven't heard the specifics, just someone whispering to me that it might be four or five days."

The Nuggets had a rare day off Sunday and will return to practice today.

Nene injured the calf against the Pacers — he had already tallied 11 points and five rebounds in 22 minutes. He has missed five of Denver's 28 games this season and missed much of training camp, while his representatives worked out his new contract with the Nuggets.

The 29-year-old averages 13.4 points per game and 7.8 rebounds but is shooting 52 percent from the field, his lowest average since 2004-05. (To be completely accurate, he was 0-for-1 in the 2005-06 season before suffering a season-ending injury in the very first game).

Also, Nene is shooting 63.6 percent from the foul line, his lowest average since 2007-08.

Half this Team's problem is they cant stay healthy! If they find a way to get heathly and Chandler comes back strong this team is legit. They out run everyone night after night.

Three 20 pt games in a row for AAA
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Birdman 
pimp.gif

Injuries will end up helping out the squad in the long run....forces other guys to step up their game and allows minutes for Faried/Koufus to get some experience. Defense is a bigger issue though. 

Originally Posted by Executive76

Birdman 
pimp.gif
Nice to see Andersen have a great performance tonight. He looked spent, though.

Should be a tough match-up tomorrow night for these Nuggets.

Chris Dempsey @dempseypost
Quickly: #Nuggets F/C Nene is in a walking boot for the next 4-$+* days and will see how he feels after that before returning, he said.
And he may not play here in Memphis, but T. Mozgov is closing in on a return. He did some pre-game stuff in Dallas to good reviews.
Barring a miracle, I would rule Nene out for OKC
Nene said doctors told him on Tue. he wld be in a boot for "4 or 5" days. And if he felt better after that he would play.
He insinuated that coming back too fast from the heel contributed to the calf. I asked specifically about the calf.
"I had an injury and it created another injury because I tried to force myself, and that's what happened," Nene said.

Back
Top Bottom