Denver Nuggets (10-4) 2023-24 Season Thread: 11/22 @ Magic

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 16s17 seconds ago
Deal sending Timofey Mozgov from Denver to Cleveland, I'm told, is on course to be completed as soon as today

Welp. :\

Hate to see him go but he's gonna ball out running with Kyrie/Bron :smokin

Javale has no value. Shop for what exactly? I'm sure playoff/contending teams have the phone ringing off the hook.

Only thing they can do is hold out for the best offers which are draft picks and offer a contract to some free agents over the summer.

Javale has value. Just like Shaw and his coaching style, there is no rhyme or reason with how anything is done with this team. The roster doesn't make sense and trading for picks that this management team will waste on players that are slight downgrades or slight upgrades on players they already have doesn't make sense. Where is the vision or the plan? Do you have confidence in management or what they're doing? I certainly don't.

What could you get for Javale? Packaging him with Lawson is possible BUT for what exactly? :lol:

Ownership/Management is an issue that won't change the right coach/system can. Flipping Doug for The Mountain & Harris was a damn good trade so it's possible they can actually turn draft picks into something good/great.

With an inexperienced front office & cheap owner there's only so much that can realistically happen.

What is the plan? Rebuild through the draft? Tank for the chance at a high draft pick? How is it that the same ownership group was able to field an extremely deep and versatile team on a budget just 3 years ago? Even during the Dan Issel years you knew that the goal was draft picks after Mutombo left. Having a vision doesn't cost money. If the goal is to blow the team up and start over, do that. If the goal is to try to stay competitive do that. This in between nonsense is wrong.

I still waiting for you to tell me when can they get with Javale or anybody really aside from picks....

Last edited:
My point is and has always been that I am not opposed to trading players like Javale for picks,my point is that without a plan or strategy for the team going forward trading for picks or anything else is a waste of time. If the plan is to start over then do a firesale and move on. If not, make moves to get more financial flexibility to get better players.

I thought it was obvious that they "want" to be competitive the coach/team just isn't doing that but they aren't bad enough to tank.

They didn't want to trade Mozgov but for 2 first rounders(One being a potential lottery pick) and the team not playing well...not to mention Nurkic. That's just the way it worked out.

Sources: Nuggets making progress on deal to sign Joffrey Lauvergne

The Denver Nuggets are progressing on a deal to sign 2013 second-round draft pick Joffrey Lauvergne and bring him to the NBA soon, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Lauvergne, a 6-foot-11 Frenchman, cut ties with Khimki of Moscow on Tuesday, freeing him to sign a deal with Denver and join them this season.

The Nuggets still have "logistical hurdles," as one league source said, to clear before completing a contract agreement with Lauvergne, but there's strong momentum toward him joining the Nuggets soon.

Lauvergne, 24, can play the power forward and center spots, and has shown the potential to be a good pick-and-roll NBA defender. He has the versatility to play with either Jusuf Nurkic or Kenneth Faried, which could give Denver added frontcourt flexibility. He has developed a reputation in Europe as a hard-working, team-oriented player.

Lauvergne was the 55th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft, a lower selection based partly on the expectation he would stay in Europe a couple more years before joining the NBA.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 2h 2 hours ago
Last three teams I've spoken to convinced Denver WILL get first-round pick it wants for Arron Afflalo and think it's coming from Portland

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 27m27 minutes ago
Sources say Denver trying to move Ty Lawson and that Nuggets coach Brian Shaw wants his old Indiana pupil George Hill as replacement

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Not thrilled but not surprised. All the work to get AAA in the off-season [emoji]128514[/emoji] [emoji]128514[/emoji] [emoji]128514[/emoji].

Back
Top Bottom