Denver Nuggets (10-4) 2023-24 Season Thread: 11/22 @ Magic

I'm with it.

Honestly, I've been so disgusted with this team, anything to shake it up and get it moving in a different direction. Although just a start, we needed to start making moves.

I'm cool with it.

I'm with it.

Honestly, I've been so disgusted with this team, anything to shake it up and get it moving in a different direction. Although just a start, we needed to start making moves.

I'm cool with it.

Doesn't matter what roster they have if management/Coaching is still the same.

Joffrey Lauvergne ‏@1JOLOLO 1h1 hour ago
Really happy to be officially a new player of @denvernuggets. Proud to be part of this organization @NBA

Doesn't matter what roster they have if management/Coaching is still the same.

while I agree, I still think shaking things up to see what becomes of it is better than staying with the current uninspired roster. if this/the next moves fail, eventually it has to fall on management.

it's a process.

My thing is the roster wasn't an issue it was the injuries and the coach hasn't done a good job. If you think about it overall the team is basically still the same. Outside of the draft I'm not sure what anyone thinks can happen...even with the cap room

Thomas Robinson was bought out.

I hate to be cynical but I honestly don't see us being good for a while. Even with a coaching change. We have so many mid players with no identities. As much as I dislike some of George Karl's decisions he still gave us an identity. Stuff like that is central to a team and it's players knowing their role day in and day out. It's embarrassing at this point. They've given up on Shaw.

I felt like Shaw was a real good dude, just not the right coach for this team. Wish him the best wherever he goes.

Alvin Gentry anyone?

Tom Thibodeau and Ron Adams or Gentry and Ron Adams.

Nuggets aren't gonna pay any of those guys though.

Last edited:
Outside of Gentry this isn't off to a good start :lol:

The Denver Nuggets will begin their coaching search on Thursday, a process that will include serious consideration of interim coach Melvin Hunt, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

After replacing Brian Shaw, Hunt had the Nuggets playing much better basketball, finishing a 30-52 season on a much more competitive 10-13 run.
Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly and president Josh Kroenke plan a broad search with a candidate list that will include – among others – ex-head coaches Michael Malone, Mike D'Antoni, Scott Skiles and Alvin Gentry, league sources said.

Portland Trail Blazers assistant coach David Vanterpoool will be one of a handful of assistant coaches contacted about the job, sources said.

The search will include several college coaching candidates, including Florida's Billy Donovan and Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

With the uncertain future of Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks, his potential availability on the market would make him a strong candidate for the Nuggets job, as well as Orlando's opening, league sources said.

"a much more competitve 10-13 run"  

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

*prayer hands emoji*

After playing the ESPN lottery button it looks like we are probably getting Justise, WCS or Mario unless we jump in the top 3. Not bad but no franchise changers, how do you all feel about that? And how would you feel about trading Faried and the 6th/7th for 1st/2nd?

They'd have to go out of their way to actually mess up imo. I'm more concerned about the coach and potential draft day trades of Chandler/Gallo

Alternate

Xmas

Report: Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried prefer Nuggets trade them if Denver doesn’t make major move

Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried reportedly weren’t untouchable in trades last winter.

If it’s all the same to those two players, maybe Denver ought to just get on with it.

Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders:

Sources close to the process say Lawson and Faried have kept no secret of their discontent and unless the Nuggets can pull off something major on the coaching front or make a significant trade, both have indicated they’d rather see a trade instead of sticking around for a long rebuild.

It’s hard to see the Nuggets making a big enough splash to keep Lawson and Faried happy in Denver. Interim coach Melvin Hunt is reportedly gaining ground to get the main gig, and the Nuggets lack assets – at least if they’re keeping Lawson and Faried – to make a major move.

Coming off a down season, everyone’s trade values are low – including Lawson’s and Faried’s. Denver probably doesn’t want to sell low on those two. But what’s the alternative?

Lawson hasn’t exactly hidden his discontent, and at least the Kings are interested. The Nuggets might be more inclined to trade Faried.

Denver is in a rut. If Lawson and Faried unhappy, it’ll be harder for the Nugget to escape it.

I honestly would be down to cut ties. New coach, 3 good rookies (Jusef, Gary Harris, and #7), young pieces from trading Gallo, WC, Ty, and Faried (maybe keep one) and some draft picks

I'm cool with trading Lawson/Faried or Gallo/Chandler not everyone

Winslow/Chandler/Gallo/Nurkic is a nice foundation imo especially if they can make a move for the Knicks/Kings pick

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom