Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Does defense matter?
BUT THAT DROSE FLOATER IS SOOO PRETTY

This guy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Derrick Rose and it's not even close. Chris Paul's knee will never be right again. They removed the meniscus from his left knee.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Derrick Rose and it's not even close. Chris Paul's knee will never be right again. They removed the meniscus from his left knee.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Williams>Paul>Rondo>Westbrook>Nash>Rose

28 shots and 3 FT's i the reason I can't put Pooh in that top 5. For a dude who is the most athletic PG I have ever seen and just a phenomenal athlete his lack of FT's is pretty confounding. He is so athletic he uses that ability too much to avoid contact instead of drawing it. Until he figures that out though which I think he will he'll be in that top group.

why beat up your body though? he attacks the basket, shoots a good percentage, and avoids injury.  look at what happens to guys like iverson and wade who look for contact.
Yeah look at what happened to them.  They will go down as all time greats.

Wade won a championship by basically drawing contact going to the hoop, what are you talking bout dude?

If you're talking about one series where a ref made a series of terrible calls then yes wade did, but he missed more than a 3rd of the season with injuries the very next year. and he's ALWAYS banged up.

Iverson's body broke down on him.  That had almost as much to do with his eventual decline as his selfishness did.

I understand not shying away from contact and letting it scare you away from driving, but you guys are talking like Rose shies away from driving to the hole, or something.  He's always attacking the basket, and he FINISHES.  What do you want him to do? Fling his body into people just for the sake of maybe drawing fouls?  He drives, if he gets fouled he gets fouled.  What you're describing is looking to get hit for the sake of it.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Williams>Paul>Rondo>Westbrook>Nash>Rose

28 shots and 3 FT's i the reason I can't put Pooh in that top 5. For a dude who is the most athletic PG I have ever seen and just a phenomenal athlete his lack of FT's is pretty confounding. He is so athletic he uses that ability too much to avoid contact instead of drawing it. Until he figures that out though which I think he will he'll be in that top group.

why beat up your body though? he attacks the basket, shoots a good percentage, and avoids injury.  look at what happens to guys like iverson and wade who look for contact.
Yeah look at what happened to them.  They will go down as all time greats.

Wade won a championship by basically drawing contact going to the hoop, what are you talking bout dude?

If you're talking about one series where a ref made a series of terrible calls then yes wade did, but he missed more than a 3rd of the season with injuries the very next year. and he's ALWAYS banged up.

Iverson's body broke down on him.  That had almost as much to do with his eventual decline as his selfishness did.

I understand not shying away from contact and letting it scare you away from driving, but you guys are talking like Rose shies away from driving to the hole, or something.  He's always attacking the basket, and he FINISHES.  What do you want him to do? Fling his body into people just for the sake of maybe drawing fouls?  He drives, if he gets fouled he gets fouled.  What you're describing is looking to get hit for the sake of it.

You're right it is laughable how far CP3 is fallen and the fact the general NBA fan population is yet to notice it. My dude is only getting 11 shots a night while his team fades from one of the better starts in NBA history at 11-1 (all 8 previous teams to start with such a record made the finals) is now fading into Bolivia. Individual matchup wise, he's losing most of the matchups against those other pgs who are rated in the top 5 or 6 as well as the team losing. Yet somehow this dude is still about to start the All Star game when you can make an arugment his *!% shouldn't even be there without a ticket.

You're right it is laughable how far CP3 is fallen and the fact the general NBA fan population is yet to notice it. My dude is only getting 11 shots a night while his team fades from one of the better starts in NBA history at 11-1 (all 8 previous teams to start with such a record made the finals) is now fading into Bolivia. Individual matchup wise, he's losing most of the matchups against those other pgs who are rated in the top 5 or 6 as well as the team losing. Yet somehow this dude is still about to start the All Star game when you can make an arugment his *!% shouldn't even be there without a ticket.

Just stop. You don't know what you're talking about. TEAMS win ballgames not individual players. Regarding individual matchups, he's only played two elite PGs, Russ and Deron. He outplayed Russ the first time, and was outplayed the second time. Deron outplayed him the first time, and they played even the second time. Besides a player is judged by his performance against all 30 teams, not just 4 or 5. Regarding stats, quality>quantity, efficiency>volume. LOL at CP falling off, and not being an all-star. Child, please.

[table][tr][/tr][tr][th=""]Rk[/th][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Age[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]PER[/th][th=""]TS%[/th][th=""]eFG%[/th][th=""]ORB%[/th][th=""]DRB%[/th][th=""]TRB%[/th][th=""]AST%[/th][th=""]STL%[/th][th=""]BLK%[/th][th=""]TOV%[/th][th=""]USG%[/th][th=""]ORtg[/th][th=""]DRtg[/th][th=""]OWS[/th][th=""]DWS[/th][th=""]WS[/th][th=""]WS/48[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Chris Paul[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]25[/td][td]29[/td][td]1001[/td][td]26.2[/td][td].617[/td][td].539[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]13.7[/td][td]7.5[/td][td]49.8[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]0.1[/td][td]16.0[/td][td]21.2[/td][td]125[/td][td]98[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]2.1[/td][td]5.9[/td][td]0.283[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Derrick Rose[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]22[/td][td]26[/td][td]982[/td][td]22.5[/td][td].542[/td][td].504[/td][td]3.2[/td][td]10.2[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]41.1[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]13.9[/td][td]30.8[/td][td]110[/td][td]103[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]3.7[/td][td]0.180[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]22[/td][td]30[/td][td]1085[/td][td]24.0[/td][td].543[/td][td].452[/td][td]5.4[/td][td]10.8[/td][td]8.1[/td][td]43.5[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]16.4[/td][td]31.5[/td][td]109[/td][td]107[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]3.5[/td][td]0.155[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Deron Williams[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]26[/td][td]30[/td][td]1139[/td][td]23.9[/td][td].590[/td][td].514[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]10.2[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]43.9[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]14.6[/td][td]27.0[/td][td]118[/td][td]108[/td][td]4.0[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]4.9[/td][td]0.208
[/td][/tr][/table]
If you're ignorant towards advanced statistics, I recommend you educate yourself:
http://www.basketball-ref....com/about/glossary.html

Just stop. You don't know what you're talking about. TEAMS win ballgames not individual players. Regarding individual matchups, he's only played two elite PGs, Russ and Deron. He outplayed Russ the first time, and was outplayed the second time. Deron outplayed him the first time, and they played even the second time. Besides a player is judged by his performance against all 30 teams, not just 4 or 5. Regarding stats, quality>quantity, efficiency>volume. LOL at CP falling off, and not being an all-star. Child, please.

[table][tr][/tr][tr][th=""]Rk[/th][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Age[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]PER[/th][th=""]TS%[/th][th=""]eFG%[/th][th=""]ORB%[/th][th=""]DRB%[/th][th=""]TRB%[/th][th=""]AST%[/th][th=""]STL%[/th][th=""]BLK%[/th][th=""]TOV%[/th][th=""]USG%[/th][th=""]ORtg[/th][th=""]DRtg[/th][th=""]OWS[/th][th=""]DWS[/th][th=""]WS[/th][th=""]WS/48[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Chris Paul[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]25[/td][td]29[/td][td]1001[/td][td]26.2[/td][td].617[/td][td].539[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]13.7[/td][td]7.5[/td][td]49.8[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]0.1[/td][td]16.0[/td][td]21.2[/td][td]125[/td][td]98[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]2.1[/td][td]5.9[/td][td]0.283[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Derrick Rose[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]22[/td][td]26[/td][td]982[/td][td]22.5[/td][td].542[/td][td].504[/td][td]3.2[/td][td]10.2[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]41.1[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]13.9[/td][td]30.8[/td][td]110[/td][td]103[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]3.7[/td][td]0.180[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]22[/td][td]30[/td][td]1085[/td][td]24.0[/td][td].543[/td][td].452[/td][td]5.4[/td][td]10.8[/td][td]8.1[/td][td]43.5[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]16.4[/td][td]31.5[/td][td]109[/td][td]107[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]3.5[/td][td]0.155[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Deron Williams[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]26[/td][td]30[/td][td]1139[/td][td]23.9[/td][td].590[/td][td].514[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]10.2[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]43.9[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]14.6[/td][td]27.0[/td][td]118[/td][td]108[/td][td]4.0[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]4.9[/td][td]0.208
[/td][/tr][/table]
If you're ignorant towards advanced statistics, I recommend you educate yourself:
http://www.basketball-ref....com/about/glossary.html

Who leads their teams to more wins.
If you read what I said in the pg thread that is what this debate comes down too
And Rose does whatever it takes on a single night to win
Paul has never done that.
Dudes want their point guard to be pure even if it means the team loses more games.
That seems to be the logic surrounding the Paul/ Williams debate, the Rose/ Rondo debate and even the Westbrook/ Rose Debate. Not one of those guys sans Williams makes Chicago a 3-4 seed in the east.
"Marbury 2.0"
So we are going to sit here and act like Steph wasn't a good enough player to say that the same player W/O the attitude, sense of entitlement is someone we don't want. Not only is it a terrible statistical comparison right now, its a bad personality comparison. And that especially considering were talking about basketball is a terrible disservice to Derrick Rose the person.

Paul's knee is never going to be right. And I used to think the stat's he puts up were not a sham job.
Putting up 2 or 3 shots more than he would on a title team while working with a offensively inept team> putting up 4 less shots than necessary on a offensively inept team

Who leads their teams to more wins.
If you read what I said in the pg thread that is what this debate comes down too
And Rose does whatever it takes on a single night to win
Paul has never done that.
Dudes want their point guard to be pure even if it means the team loses more games.
That seems to be the logic surrounding the Paul/ Williams debate, the Rose/ Rondo debate and even the Westbrook/ Rose Debate. Not one of those guys sans Williams makes Chicago a 3-4 seed in the east.
"Marbury 2.0"
So we are going to sit here and act like Steph wasn't a good enough player to say that the same player W/O the attitude, sense of entitlement is someone we don't want. Not only is it a terrible statistical comparison right now, its a bad personality comparison. And that especially considering were talking about basketball is a terrible disservice to Derrick Rose the person.

Paul's knee is never going to be right. And I used to think the stat's he puts up were not a sham job.
Putting up 2 or 3 shots more than he would on a title team while working with a offensively inept team> putting up 4 less shots than necessary on a offensively inept team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom