Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

i used the Pocket infinity yesterday during the weekly and it was fun in that first room. The full auto mode with 5 rounds is crazy tho, dont think its possible to compensate for the recoil that sends your gun pointing to the ceiling.

Nephew didn't go to school today, and I woke him up before i left for work so hopefully he'll be on early ...haven't done no nightfalls or weeklys this week.
He'll prob fall asleep in the nightfalls too. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

@Biggie62 this you posting on Reddit?
nerd.gif

Probability of Xur selling the exact the same items as Jan 2
First of all, lets assume the probability of rolling each item is the same. There are 14 possible exotic weapons and 9 of each class exotics Xur can sell, creating 10206 possible rolls.

Using binomial distribution, number of trials is 5 as 5 weeks passed since he sold this set of items and the probability of success would be 1/10206. Therefore, the odds of Xur selling this same exact set of items twice in 5 weeks is equal to 1 in 1.04194*10[sup]7[/sup] or roughly 1 in 10 million. So much for RNG....

TL;DR Odds are 1 in 10 million
laugh.gif

Nephew didn't go to school today, and I woke him up before i left for work so hopefully he'll be on early ...haven't done no nightfalls or weeklys this week.
He'll prob fall asleep in the nightfalls too. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Dude been testing and getting tutored for this past month, so he's hella tired, and is the reason we let him stay home today.

@Biggie62 this you posting on Reddit?
nerd.gif

Probability of Xur selling the exact the same items as Jan 2
First of all, lets assume the probability of rolling each item is the same. There are 14 possible exotic weapons and 9 of each class exotics Xur can sell, creating 10206 possible rolls.

Using binomial distribution, number of trials is 5 as 5 weeks passed since he sold this set of items and the probability of success would be 1/10206. Therefore, the odds of Xur selling this same exact set of items twice in 5 weeks is equal to 1 in 1.04194*10[sup]7[/sup] or roughly 1 in 10 million. So much for RNG....

TL;DR Odds are 1 in 10 million
laugh.gif
Bruh, that algorithm definitely sounds Biggie-like. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Dude been testing and getting tutored for this past month, so he's hella tired, and is the reason we let him stay home today.

laugh.gif
Anyone that has been in chat with Biggie will agree with this as well
roll.gif

So he gets a day of rest from school, so he can stay at home and do his 2nd job
laugh.gif

We can level those Hawkmoons together
nthat.gif

I've been slowly stocking 30 bounties over the course of the reset on Tuesday to use a Hand Cannon telemetry and level the Hawkmoon all at once. Just need a few more bounties on each character and a public event on another to be done.

Anyone that has been in chat with Biggie will agree with this as well :rofl:

So he gets a day of rest from school, so he can stay at home and do his 2nd job :lol:
We can level those Hawkmoons together :nthat:
I've been slowly stocking 30 bounties over the course of the reset on Tuesday to use a Hand Cannon telemetry and level the Hawkmoon all at once. Just need a few more bounties on each character and a public event on another to be done.

That's not even an algorithm, it's just simple probability. :lol:

He probably didn't even max out his Gjallarhorn :rofl:

Last edited:

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

nthat.gif

I think he's only unlocked 1 or 2 upgrades on it so far, so yea yall can level it together.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

nthat.gif

That's not even an algorithm, it's just simple probability.
laugh.gif

He probably didn't even max out his Gjallarhorn
roll.gif
He only needs the materials for the last 2 upgrades.

wrightone86 wrightone86 smh yeah I saw that sway interview. When I heard old skool love I thought we would get another layers for sure. Very happy with the outcome

Last edited:
Haven't finished it, but listening to it while I do some stuff at work today :nthat:

:smh: at Atlantic trying to make him release a pop song before they would let him drop this album though.

Yeah Prisoner 1 & 2, Chopper and They Resurrect Over New my faves off one listen.

He's had some issues with the label for sure. Sounds like he never wanted to do the Lasers album. I still love Beautiful Lasers off that though :smokin

Battle Scars another poppy one that I like though.

Intruder Alert, Little Weapon, Put You On Game other faves.

laugh.gif
That's not even an algorithm, it's just simple probability.
laugh.gif

He probably didn't even max out his Gjallarhorn
roll.gif
Correction....Biggie did not make the post. Now we all know that this is actually Biggie coming through in the comments to correct them on their wrong numbers and probabilities
roll.gif

Whoa, whoa cmon.. Why the Binomial Distribution? Each week's rolls are assumed as independent events.

1 in 1.107 X 10[sup]20[/sup] is the probability of Xur selling Jan 2 inventory for 5 subsequent weeks.

EDIT: Or for that matter any set of 5 weeks, not necessarily subsequent. Just as long as these 5 weeks are the only weeks in the sample space

EDIT 2: I did the exact calculation: 1/110733192227672503776 is the odd that Xur's sells a certain set of items for 5 weeks so OP's 1 in 10 million chance is far short off the mark

The mathematical question as per OP is:

What is the probability that Xur sells the same items as on a given day. I don't know why you would talk about the weeks in-between.

Assuming that each item has an equal weightage in the draw, there are 4 slots into which you are selecting each of these categories of armor/weapons.

1) Odds of selecting same weapon=1/14

2) Odds of selecting same titan armor=1/9

3) Odds of selecting same warlock armor=1/9

4) Odds of selecting same Hunter armor=1/9

Probability of all these independent (presumably, Praise Bungie and RNGesus) events happening together (Probability AND/OR Rules)= 1/14 X 1/9 X 1/9 X 1/9=1/10206

TLW: Xur hit a one in 10,000 shot rather than one in 10 million as stated by OP. Guardians got screwed anyways.

Correction....Biggie did not make the post. Now we all know that this is actually Biggie coming through in the comments to correct them on their wrong numbers and probabilities :rofl:

There we go, that makes more sense and it's a lot simpler too. Didn't everyone take at least some probability or statistics courses in college? :lol:

I know that I have taken 6 :smh:

There we go, that makes more sense and it's a lot simpler too. Didn't everyone take at least some probability or statistics courses in college?
laugh.gif

I know that I have taken 6
mean.gif
I took exactly 1 and that was enough for me
laugh.gif

I did take like 3 calculus classes, and another class on conditional statements
sick.gif

I took exactly 1 and that was enough for me :lol:
I did take like 3 calculus classes, and another class on conditional statements :x

The first guy didn't realize that each item is mutually exclusive so a previous chance has no bearing on what happens in subsequent weeks.

The first guy didn't realize that each item is mutually exclusive so a previous chance has no bearing on what happens in subsequent weeks.
i didnt care about what that dude said, nor am i a math/statistics guru... but 10 million didnt sound right. 
laugh.gif

Is sunbreakers even worth keeping as an exotic? I got it from the exotic engram from xur

Back
Top Bottom