Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

CISByBwUsAAP-rW.jpg:large

I haven't played Destiny for a loooong time and I don't have any of the DLC...is there going to be anything different for me?

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13090

So for year one players you can buy the expansion for $40 then get the collectors edition bonus in game stuff for $20 more. Or just buy the collectors edition with the steel book and strange coin replica for another $20 more.

Interesting.

Still sucks they didn't include a season pass in the collectors edition this coming year. Has me thinking there will be another big expansion for destiny later on that they will charge $40 again for in the spring. Or they're just being greedy and will sell season pass separate. Word to Activision.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13090

So for year one players you can buy the expansion for $40 then get the collectors edition bonus in game stuff for $20 more. Or just buy the collectors edition with the steel book and strange coin replica for another $20 more.

Interesting.

Still sucks they didn't include a season pass in the collectors edition this coming year. Has me thinking there will be another big expansion for destiny later on that they will charge $40 again for in the spring. Or they're just being greedy and will sell season pass separate. Word to Activision.

They said that they will be announcing more options and what not going forward. I still see them adding an addition with the TTK + the 1-2 DLCs they have planned after for 60-80. There was enough of an outrage over the past few days where they are doing damage control right now.

Whatever is happening is probably activision doing of nickel and diming consumers like they have been with all their franchises. I'm pissed off that bungie is forced to do this but at the same time in order to get the type of funding that they got from activision, they would have been forced to do the same thing with EA, Konami, or any other major publisher.

Last edited:
So they're basically knocking $20 off the price, but it's only a digital version at that point...

Might as well get that $80 hard copy and sell off the core game and 2 expansions......assuming that's possible, of course

Right. You still gotta pre-order to "everything". I guess want just the in game stuff and other want the physical collectibles too. I might just hold off a few more weeks and see what comes of this. Community caused them to change in the first week, so they definitely could change again.

Right. You still gotta pre-order to "everything". I guess want just the in game stuff and other want the physical collectibles too. I might just hold off a few more weeks and see what comes of this. Community caused them to change in the first week, so they definitely could change again.

May end up cheaper for bestbuy gamer club unlocked members especially if they do they $10 preorder bonus thing.

20% off plus $10 in certs plus whatever $5 you get for trading in the normal copy :lol:

May end up cheaper for bestbuy gamer club unlocked members especially if they do they $10 preorder bonus thing.

20% off plus $10 in certs plus whatever $5 you get for trading in the normal copy
laugh.gif
I'm still very disappointed that the Collector's Edition hardcopy is Gamestop Exclusive. I was hoping to do exactly what you're talking about with the 20% GCU and $10 preorder certs for it. 
mean.gif

On the real I dont really even care about the price. I only buy 2-3 games a year instead of like 1 a month like I used to as a kid.

Im just tired of Destiny. Ive given up on god of war and just feel like its principle that i shouldnt cop taken king bc of that

But dead ***.... if they add the harlem shake as an emote, id cop taken king in a heartbeat and take the week off.

Wouldnt eem upgrade the new classes. Id just be a warlock 24/7

**Last guardian standing**

**Guardian Down**

**REZZ**

*King_Jaffie_Joe Dances*

**Guardian Down** (again)

On the real I dont really even care about the price. I only buy 2-3 games a year instead of like 1 a month like I used to as a kid.

Im just tired of Destiny. Ive given up on god of war and just feel like its principle that i shouldnt cop taken king bc of that

But dead ***.... if they add the harlem shake as an emote, id cop taken king in a heartbeat and take the week off.

Wouldnt eem upgrade the new classes. Id just be a warlock 24/7

**Last guardian standing**

**Guardian Down**

**REZZ**

*King_Jaffie_Joe Dances*

**Guardian Down** (again)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

:lol: the homie Jaffie still don't have a GoW shader, I've had that shader November sometime ...and some people still don't have Ballerhorns. :smh:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
the homie Jaffie still don't have a GoW shader, I've had that shader November sometime ...and some people still don't have Ballerhorns.
mean.gif
I never got the shader either, but I find it hilarious how Hust1e is handling the lack of one
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Ironically, I got my 4th GGhorn from the ToO 9-0 chest last week with Bos
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Speaking about ToO....

@bLaZ3n, same time tomorrow? Wifey is going to visit one of her friends and taking the little guy with her
nthat.gif

I haven't played Destiny for a loooong time and I don't have any of the DLC...is there going to be anything different for me?

Yeah man...there are different patrol missions with stronger enemies + new weapons, armor, crucible maps, and bounties

Back
Top Bottom