Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Yo.... If that's true....
roll.gif

Grabbing my copy tomorrow from BB. About to get that locked in value too if I can.
BB giving pennies I checked yesterday. Was like $8.

So the $40 @Quad  has Year 1 in the package?

Yo.... If that's true.... :rofl:

Grabbing my copy tomorrow from BB. About to get that locked in value too if I can.

So the $40 @Quad
 has Year 1 in the package?

Bruh.... U gotta do the math.
BB is 48 for GCU members - 7.70 for the trade in.
40.30 for getting a physical disc that could be traded in and has value.

buuuuut if the rumor is true, I'm keeping my original destiny disc, taking the taken king voucher, then sending my pickup to Amazon for $34 meaning my taken King DLC will cost me $15 out of pocket.

Yo.... If that's true....
roll.gif

So the $40 @Quad
 has Year 1 in the package?
Bruh.... U gotta do the math.
BB is 48 for GCU members - 7.70 for the trade in.
40.30 for getting a physical disc that could be traded in and has value.

buuuuut if the rumor is true, I'm keeping my original destiny disc, taking the taken king voucher, then sending my pickup to Amazon for $34 meaning my taken King DLC will cost me $15 out of pocket.
I'm bout to check Amazon now, not in a rush anyway but their deal might be the sweetest, want to lock it in before it changes.

Thanks also @Quad

Last edited:
They are also claiming that even the Collectors Edition disc is even identical to the vanilla disk, meaning the CE content maybe codes only. :smh:

We installed it last week man. The code will unlock it yes probably. Don't still be on that we are playing what was on the disc a year ago Quad. That is "Tek Like" of you :rofl:

Also betting this "new old" disc will have a big install for everyone as well. It's like 40gb digital isn't it just for TTK

is it even worth it to run prison of elders anymore?

I'm not sure. probably not.

Elder ciphers won't drop so if you didnt get all three exotics. The exotics are supposed to be Rng now instead of guaranteed

If you haven't reached rank 3 you could possibly try and rank up for the shaders.

That gold shader (don't remember the name)on the titan is fire.

We installed it last week man. The code will unlock it yes probably. Don't still be on that we are playing what was on the disc a year ago Quad. That is "Tek Like" of you :rofl:

Bro, This weekend was not a good weekend for you to be visiting DFW, but I appreciate the luck you brought my Rangers and Cowboys ....In and Out was wack but I was tooo busy to even recommend "real" restaurants to try.

Wright the info I posted is from Reddit, and don't worry i'll test out the process when I get my disc from Amazon.

Also yall check this is, pretty cool https://www.destinythegame.com/lege...686018431803794.2305843009217029403&version=2 and just enter your PSN or GT

Last edited:
Seeing only $5 trade in with Amazon

You sure? I'm looking at it now.
Destiny Taken King

Shotta is looking at the vanilla Destiny instead of the Taken King disk .....so people are starting to receive the copies in the mail and looks like all physical editions of the Taken King comes with a vanilla Destiny disk, so how will Amazon determine if its the actual Taken King or vanilla Destiny we are trading in? ...b/c I do plan on sending them my Taken King disk and my already redeemed voucher. :lol: :smokin

And its one code for all 3 DLC's, so DLC's cannot be sold separately.

Last edited:
Seeing only $5 trade in with Amazon

You sure? I'm looking at it now.
Destiny Taken King

Shotta is looking at the vanilla Destiny instead of the Taken King disk .....so people are starting to receive the copies in the mail and looks like all physical editions of the Taken King comes with a vanilla Destiny disk, so how will Amazon determine if its the actual Taken King or vanilla Destiny we are trading in? ...b/c I do plan on sending them my Taken King disk and my already redeemed voucher. :lol: :smokin

And its one code for all 3 DLC's, so DLC's cannot be sold separately.

It's gonna b interesting. Worse case, they will ship me the disc back and I'll be back at square one.

bigj505 bigj505 Yep, that's the worst case scenario, then I can go ahead and trade it in at Best Buy for a bag of peanuts.

Honestly, if they just hand me the og destiny with a paper with codes, imma just hand it back and buy the digital :lol:
(Overstating the purchase).
If it has a taken King box or packaging then I'm sending that to Amazon.

bigj505 bigj505 Yep, that's the worst case scenario, then I can go ahead and trade it in at Best Buy for a bag of peanuts.

Honestly, if they just hand me the og destiny with a paper with codes, imma just hand it back and buy the digital :lol:

It should be the Taken King packaging with vanilla Destiny disk with no taken king art even on the disk, per unboxing vids.

Wright seems to think that the "new disk" will have content that's not on the old disk, but even still once you put the new disk in and download said content thus rendering it equivalent to the "old" disk.

Last edited:

It should be the Taken King packaging with vanilla Destiny disk with no taken king art even on the disk, per unboxing vids.

Wright seems to think that the "new disk" will have content that's not on the old disk, but even still once you put the new disk in and download said content thus rendering it equivalent to the "old" disk.

Agreed. Also, I'm not sure digital content counts as trade requirements so we would be fine.
I haven't had issues any other time I redeemed a digital code and later traded something in.
For example, when EA used to include a one time use code that let you access online features, I wasn't asked if I used the code. The buyer of the used disc was responsible for any DLC that was extra.

Back
Top Bottom