did nas win the battle in alot of people's mind whe the sample said "F** JAY-Z"?

Jay won when he left the condoms on his baby seat
Kinda always how I viewed it lol. I don't understand how lyrical ether trumps real life ether...but that's just me. Anyways this argument is VERY tired. However I do want to address the "crying" on the radio thing. I've listened to that clip probably a dozen times and I'm still waiting to hear the tears. Was he rattled? Seemed like it. But ya'll WAY overhype that clip as if he was literally there crying his eyes out. There's not even a sob in the audio. So can we please stop saying dude was crying on the radio?

Now Nas is dropping quality albums whilst Jay hasn't since 2003? Oh..............

Neither diss benefited me monetarily in any way... so therefore i don't give a damn who said what.

I came in your Bentley back seat, skeeted in your Jeep, left condoms in your baby's seat >>>>>>*

Since you infactuated w/ saying that gay sh*t, guess you was kissing my d*ck when you was kissing your b*tch >

Neither diss benefited me monetarily in any way... so therefore i don't give a damn who said what.
Then why comment...?

On Topic: Jay - Z was on Hot97 cryingggg,

"It's...uneasy man....very..very vulgar...did I warrant that?" translates to I didn't mean for it to get real...

I never found that to be a big deal. His girl was a groupie and wanted to be in the spotlight. Maybe if it was Kelis or someone it would be ridiculous.

Then why comment...?

On Topic: Jay - Z was on Hot97 cryingggg,

"It's...uneasy man....very..very vulgar...did I warrant that?" translates to I didn't mean for it to get real...

i dont get why ppl try to sway jay's comments in the interview like it is an usual response...like how would some of yall act if yall was in Jay shoes?

There may not be a whole lotta rules in "war" but clearly Jay and alot of other ppl that side with him thought there was a line of respect that would prevent the kinda gay isssh Nas was saying from happening.

Even tho I was young teenager at the time this went down, I was still surprised Nas went that route and didnt come at dude in a more skillful way. Looking back i guess i was being naive but i thought the whole thing was gon play out by them having to prove who really was the best rapper by flexin on the mic and really saying something substantial.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I'm saying. The aura around the album with Jay-Z's "retirement" is better than the actual music...similar to how the impact of "Ether" is better than the actual song.

You're wrong Peep

your opinion though.

"Supa Ugly" while the least quality song of the battle... Easily was some of the most disrespectful (and mind you true) **** said on a diss..

I say Supa Ugly is where Jay wins.. It's even when comparing Takeover & Ether to me.. But once Supa Ugly happened and how disrespectful it was, Jay won the battle.

"Supa Ugly" while the least quality song of the battle... Easily was some of the most disrespectful (and mind you true) **** said on a diss..

I say Supa Ugly is where Jay wins.. It's even when comparing Takeover & Ether to me.. But once Supa Ugly happened and how disrespectful it was, Jay won the battle.
American Gangster isn't quality music?
Watch the Throne isn't quality music?
Well what do you know, 2 people who know what theyre talking about. Reps to you both for being sensible 

real talk... ALWAYS thought takeover >>>>> ether... but as time went on, imma have to side with Ether

You Tae-bo ho,tryna work it out, you tryna' get brolic
Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge
Nah, I'm tryna' kick the **** you need to learn though
That ether, that **** that make your soul burn slow

Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy
Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy
Rocafella died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter
And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?
Put it together, I rock ****, y'all rock fellas
And now y'all try to take my spot, fellas
Feel these hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas
In a pine box with nine shots from my Glock, fellas

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jay-Z >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nas tho..

Last edited:
Another thing I always find glaring in how hard ppl pull for Jay is pitting Takeover against Ether when it should be Super Ugly. Takeover is one good verse aimed at Nas coated in lies.

That'd be like ppl saying Nas won cuz the H to the izzo freestyle was better than Jay's response. Can't even keep it consistent.
Kinda always how I viewed it lol. I don't understand how lyrical ether trumps real life ether...but that's just me. Anyways this argument is VERY tired. However I do want to address the "crying" on the radio thing. I've listened to that clip probably a dozen times and I'm still waiting to hear the tears. Was he rattled? Seemed like it. But ya'll WAY overhype that clip as if he was literally there crying his eyes out. There's not even a sob in the audio. So can we please stop saying dude was crying on the radio?
But that never happened.
Now Nas is dropping quality albums whilst Jay hasn't since 2003? Oh..............
Distant Relatives > Anything after the Black Album.

Last edited:
i have no clue how ether became so iconic :lol:
lyrically ether was weak as hell with them middle school jokes

hov then and hov now >>>>>> nas

Last edited:

There's more to a diss track than just disrespect though. It's also the delivery of the diss. Takeover is a better diss than Supa Ugly. Ether is a better diss than Takeover.

Winning in real life doesn't mean you win the rap battle. That's where most of the disagreement on this topic stems from.

Yup those corny jokes were sure killer, and the sample "DID NAS PUT THAT SAMPLE ON THE TRACK?"
"Gay-Z" "Cockafella"? Somebody call the coroner, hes getting out the body bags.

:rofl: Please.......

Ether was wack along with the other disses he made. JAY's disses were far superior

You the lame dude who said you would cry when Jay-Z died and that he was your hero? You must have been depressed when Ether dropped or too young. Remove this man's reproductive organ from your mouth region. :smh:

Ether had this man Jay crying and throwing a hissy fit on the radio.

And Nas won the battle by popular opinion...And redefined the definition of "winning" a battle.

I somewhat disagree with that. The definition of "winning a battle" did change, but this one had nothing to do with it. If anything, this was the last traditional battle. These two took their best swings and the public chose a winner based on that. Eventually, the focus shifted away from the music and spilled over to their personal lives as if that has anything to do with a battle.

Also I never understood the whole Def Jam argument. What rapper Nas' age from that era would'nt have wanted to sign with them? For all we know they made him the best offer. And Jay was an employee over there aswell. I could understand if Nas signed with The Roc, but he didnt.

How can Nas be garbage?
Semi-autos at yo cartilage
Burner at the side of your dome
Come out of my throne
I got this locked since 91, I am the truest
name a rapper that I aint influence
Gave ya chapters but now I keep my eyes on the Judas
with Hawaiian sophie fame, kept my name in his music

Back
Top Bottom