didnt know we had so many HS dropouts on NT......

let me first say that i tuned out long before i dropped out. high school was boring to me and i struggled making connections between what i was supposed to be learning and real world situations to apply it to. (when the ##@$ would i ever use calculus, you know?) i was also really into partying, even on tuesday's or wednesday's haha, and morning classes seemed inconvenient to me. my junior year was littered with sporadic periods of prolonged absences and continued on briefly into the beginning of what would have been my senior year until i eventually stopped attending school altogether.

since then i've waited tables just to fund pursuing a career in music. five years later, it finally looks like i'll be able to support myself solely through entertaining in the next year.

i'm tatted, wear my hair 'different', and style myself progressively and personally unique to myself. people often judge me uneducated on aestethics alone, which only compounds itself when they find out i have no post-secondary education and never finished my compulsory education. HOWEVER, i am autodidactic and enjoy learning everyday of my life. i've always found informal settings more helpful to me and i rarely feel intimidated in society.

some of the most 'educated' people i have met in my life also parallel as the most stupid and incompetent!! i have learned that wisdom is just as more important than intelligence as intelligence is than education.

let me first say that i tuned out long before i dropped out. high school was boring to me and i struggled making connections between what i was supposed to be learning and real world situations to apply it to. (when the ##@$ would i ever use calculus, you know?) i was also really into partying, even on tuesday's or wednesday's haha, and morning classes seemed inconvenient to me. my junior year was littered with sporadic periods of prolonged absences and continued on briefly into the beginning of what would have been my senior year until i eventually stopped attending school altogether.

since then i've waited tables just to fund pursuing a career in music. five years later, it finally looks like i'll be able to support myself solely through entertaining in the next year.

i'm tatted, wear my hair 'different', and style myself progressively and personally unique to myself. people often judge me uneducated on aestethics alone, which only compounds itself when they find out i have no post-secondary education and never finished my compulsory education. HOWEVER, i am autodidactic and enjoy learning everyday of my life. i've always found informal settings more helpful to me and i rarely feel intimidated in society.

some of the most 'educated' people i have met in my life also parallel as the most stupid and incompetent!! i have learned that wisdom is just as more important than intelligence as intelligence is than education.

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

Did you have parents that cared/loved you?

Originally Posted by J2Legend

US drop out rates are as bad as it is. That's why people think we (Canadians) live in igloos and ride horses, because there are that many ignorant people who know nothing. I'm sure out of the many in the US that dropped out of School, a few of them would stumble upon NT. Also, if you're from Detroit and can surf through NT, you're part of the half that can read. 
laugh.gif

I was in Vegas buying stuff from a Kiosk:

Teller: Where you from?

Me: Canada

Teller: FOR REAL?! 

Me: Yea 

Teller: There are Asians in Canada?!

SMFH

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by J2Legend

US drop out rates are as bad as it is. That's why people think we (Canadians) live in igloos and ride horses, because there are that many ignorant people who know nothing. I'm sure out of the many in the US that dropped out of School, a few of them would stumble upon NT. Also, if you're from Detroit and can surf through NT, you're part of the half that can read. 
laugh.gif

I was in Vegas buying stuff from a Kiosk:

Teller: Where you from?

Me: Canada

Teller: FOR REAL?! 

Me: Yea 

Teller: There are Asians in Canada?!

SMFH

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by IamMD

laugh.gif

of course!

p.s. what part of maryland are you from? 301 moco here.

laugh.gif

of course!

laugh.gif

of course!

Lol You must've been wild..just sayin..because my parents would have locked me in house and followed me to school and put bars on all the windows if I was wildin like that in high school.

I'm in Hoco, i be in Moco all the time..I'll be right down the street from you as soon as i get off work, got a summer class at CP.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

of course!

Lol You must've been wild..just sayin..because my parents would have locked me in house and followed me to school and put bars on all the windows if I was wildin like that in high school.

I'm in Hoco, i be in Moco all the time..I'll be right down the street from you as soon as i get off work, got a summer class at CP.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am all for the educational system here in America. My main issue is with the fact that there are schools that have been coming up short for years, and remain opened. Schools should be run similar to a business in my opinion, if ones not working- shut it down.

Bloomberg was thinking along these lines I guess when he appointed cathie black as the head of the nyc board of ed because she was successful in the business world. She started in jan. resigned by april
roll.gif

I see your thinking but with business there's no grey area. you're either in the black or in the red. nowadays they don't teach, they're just preparing the kids to pass the standardized state test. Taking the business approach you either pass or fail but there's more to it than that

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am all for the educational system here in America. My main issue is with the fact that there are schools that have been coming up short for years, and remain opened. Schools should be run similar to a business in my opinion, if ones not working- shut it down.

Bloomberg was thinking along these lines I guess when he appointed cathie black as the head of the nyc board of ed because she was successful in the business world. She started in jan. resigned by april
roll.gif

I see your thinking but with business there's no grey area. you're either in the black or in the red. nowadays they don't teach, they're just preparing the kids to pass the standardized state test. Taking the business approach you either pass or fail but there's more to it than that

Ahhhh. High School. No bills, tuition, rent, car note, etc. Just fun, fun, fun. The good ol' days.

Ahhhh. High School. No bills, tuition, rent, car note, etc. Just fun, fun, fun. The good ol' days.

Back
Top Bottom