DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Really?

You can't park at the Mickey & Friends Structures anymore?

I know that's where the preferred parking is but it's somewhat ridiculous to close the whole structure for preferred parking because I doubt that many will use that option.

Any chance you just got redirected just that one time because they're doing some constructions or something?

Really?

You can't park at the Mickey & Friends Structures anymore?

I know that's where the preferred parking is but it's somewhat ridiculous to close the whole structure for preferred parking because I doubt that many will use that option.

Any chance you just got redirected just that one time because they're doing some constructions or something?

They have two parking garages that are offsite now.

I started driving towards Mickey and friends (followed the signs as usual) then you approach these orange cones and it takes you back towards the main road and you end up driving back into the Disneyland and around Disneyland then out of Disneyland and next thing you know you (along with everyone else) are in their parking garage next to your hotel lol. You then have to take a shuffle bus to the park. Oh yeah parking is $18

It also rained that day. Nightmare

They have two parking garages that are offsite now.

I started driving towards Mickey and friends (followed the signs as usual) then you approach these orange cones and it takes you back towards the main road and you end up driving back into the Disneyland and around Disneyland then out of Disneyland and next thing you know you (along with everyone else) are in their parking garage next to your hotel lol. You then have to take a shuffle bus to the park. Oh yeah parking is $18

It also rained that day. Nightmare
Here's how you get around that...If you're on Ball Rd. looking to make that left to the Mickey & Friends Lot you'll get redirected to the Toy Story Lot. So instead of making the left to the lot make a right, then when you hit the stoplight make a U-turn. Stay in the left lane and merge onto the ramp/overpass that leads directly into the Mickey & Friends Lot. It's a lot easier if you're coming from I-5 South because all you do is exit Ball Rd./Disneyland Dr. Again, stay in the left lane and merge onto the ramp/overpass to access the Mickey & Friends Lot.

Man, I miss Disneyland. 

Daughter has been hooked with Mickey Mouse' Clubhouse, Tangled, and Monster's University.

I know it would be a waste of money since she's only 13 months...But I really can't wait till I bring her. 

not a bad deal here if you're in SoCal, a 3-day parkhopper usually cost $295 or $255 for a 3-day single park ticket

Disneyland Offers 3-Day Tickets to Southern California Residents

The Disneyland Resort, for a limited time, is offering two different three-day tickets to residents of Southern California and Northern Baja California.

Residents can purchase a three-day one-park ticket for $149 or a three-day park hopper, to visit both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park, for $189.

The tickets are available for purchase through May 22 and will be valid most days between Jan. 9 and May 25.

April 9 through April 23, however are blocked out.

Upcoming plans for Marvel-Land in DCA.

Marvel Mania

Those new executives have plenty to focus on in 2017. For Patrick and DCA, there is of course the Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! attraction slated to open this Memorial Day weekend. The new queue will be elaborate, a half dozen different rock songs will keep riders guessing which version they’ll get each time they ride, and the bizarre new exterior will have Disney fans armchair Imagineering the concept on the Micechat boards for years.

While WDI fleshes out the details on the Marvel hyper-coaster expansion going in behind Mission: Breakout! and currently scheduled to open in 2020, one year after Star Wars Land, Patrick and TDA will be working on shorter-term plans to bring Marvel into the Hollywood area of DCA.

This April the Disney Junior show will have its last performances, as the theater is slated to be reworked into a Marvel themed mega meet n’ greet and performance space. Longtime fans will remember that Disney Junior (originally Playhouse Disney) was shoehorned into that restaurant building back in early 2003, as one of many floundering attempts to salvage DCA’s faceplant opening in 2001.

Elsewhere in the Hollywood Backlot, Anaheim’s entertainment team is working on plans for a Marvel themed daytime street party, which may not duplicate the booze-fueled success of Mad T Party or ElecTRONica, but will at least liven up that sad and abandoned corner of DCA. TDA’s plans to bulldoze the East Esplanade bus loading zones directly north of this area and use it for DCA park expansion continue to gel up at WDI, but it’s the space directly south of Mission: Breakout! that will see the first bit of construction. Since bulldozers and construction equipment will be visible by July, an announcement and some details at D23 Expo is a no brainer.

Before D23 Expo and whatever is announced there, the concept of premiering Guardians of the Galaxy II this April in the Hyperion Theater is being thrown around in both Burbank and TDA. The movie opens in theaters May 5th, and the DCA premiere would be in late April, but neither Mission: Breakout or the new Marvel additions in the backlot will be ready by then. That would leave the Hyperion Theater to serve as a rather ugly industrial looking event space with the newly de-tarped and mostly finished Mission: Breakout! looming in the background but still unable to accept riders for the premiere party. Nevertheless, with Anaheim’s track record of hosting very successful movie premiere parties for the last 15 years, DCA’s fake Hollywood area may be taken over by the real Hollywood in late April.

Last edited:
FastPass System at Disneyland about to come to the App but Disneys gon' Disney so of course it isn't free :lol:

Disneyland adds Fastpass to mobile app; Matterhorn, Toy Story Mania to get Fastpass capability

The Fastpass system used at the Disneyland Resort since 1999 is getting an upgrade.

The new system, referred to as a “Disney MaxPass,” will enable visitors to use the Disneyland app on their smartphones to get a Fastpass digitally – after they have entered one of the theme parks for the day, and only that day.

It will not allow visitors to book their Fastpass reservations in advance, Disneyland officials said.

It will also follow the same rules as the paper system, in that only one Fastpass can be obtained at a time, with a time delay before the next one can be gotten. It will also still be a first-come, first-served process.

But there’s a catch [COLOR=#red]to use the new digital Fastpass: it will cost visitors money – $10 per admission ticket per day[/COLOR]. The price for those with existing or new annual passes has not yet been determined, according to Disneyland officials.

Officials also announced that there would be two additional attractions with Fastpass capability – the Matterhorn Bobsleds and Toy Story Midway Mania – bringing the total to 16 rides in the two parks.

The digital Fastpasses can only be used on rides, not for shows like “World of Color,” or “Fantasmic!”

Currently visitors to the resort’s theme parks have to physically visit kiosks near a ride to get a Fastpass. They have to insert their ticket or annual pass into a machine to get a paper stamped with the time to return and go on the ride. Even with the digital Fastpass, the paper system will remain.

“The introduction of the new Disney Fastpass locations and the new Disney MaxPass is part of the Disneyland Resort’s ongoing commitment to providing guests opportunities to further customize their experiences,” said Melissa Britt, a Disneyland Resort spokesperson.

Officials did not have a date for when the new system would go online, saying that the resort needed to build the infrastructure for the digital readers at each of the 16 locations, but said it would be later this year.

It is not the “My Magic Plus” system that has been in use for a few years at Walt Disney World, which allows visitors there to book ride reservations weeks in advance and are also a digital key for hotel rooms.

Britt said there are no plans to use the “Magic Plus” system at the Disneyland Resort at this time.

Last edited:
I think one of the main reasons is that Disneyland is/was a smaller theme park in comparison to WDW and even smaller before DCA so there are less visitors that go and plan a stay in advance. I believe WDW has more international visitors too.

I think i also read somewhere that a lot of DL visitors are from California or nearby states and practically all AP holders come on a whim so most here would probably not use it or maybe abuse it by reserving even when they do not go :lol:

I've never been to WDW but I believe you are not able to just cross the park by foot unlike DL and DCA (in a way DL and DCA is just one big park if you have an AP or park hopper) so fastpass is less necessary because you can just jump back and forth with little effort compared to their Florida brethren.

It's definitely a convenience I would like to have but not if it is going to be a big mess and definitely not if I have to pay extra.

These are all guesses of course, chances are the biggest reason is that they do not want to invest too much on it and only found it viable lately and wants it perfected, I think the DL app only released last year too?

yeah, WDW is definitely more spread out. some parks are a 15min shuttle ride away. i'd be happy just being able to do it with my phone. especially now that my AP on the app the time I pull it out of my wallet is for fastpasses

Last edited:
sweet!

so you get the perks like CM only parties at disneyland and like up to 70%-80% off certain items on holidays?

Last edited:
sweet!

so you get the perks like CM only parties at disneyland and like up to 70%-80% off certain items on holidays?
unfortunately we dont get to go to the parties and we get up to 40% off items but better than paying full price on anything. And of course the classic free admissions plus 3 guests perk. 

Nice! 40% off isn't bad especially if you could use that for food inside the park :lol:

Is the free admission for anytime you want?

I know there are block out dates too but could you go as much as you want or it's limited to a certain number a year?

Disneyland is mostly locals park, while WDW is mostly a tourist park. Using a FP system the way WDW uses isn't necessary for DL. Too many people that go to DL are APers and don't need to reserve FPes weeks or months in advance.

I hope they don't add FP to rides like Pirates. They already tried it years ago and it just made the park feel way more crowded because it took people out of lines and into the park.

Last edited:
Apparently the $10 FastPass fee includes all digital download of your photopass for the day and for someone who has an AP but not on the level where photopass isn't free, it is kind of a good bargain. When I ran the half-marathon back in November, they were charging like $15 or something for each photo and like $70-$90 if I want all the pics taken of me for a week so $10 for all those pics you can take a day (which could be unlimited) would be great for that purpose alone.

Now that is a good incentive to pay for that FastPass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom