DJ Mustard unappreciation

No slander for Mustard, he's great man.

It ain't his fault that there is no originality in the mainstream, he just giving artists what they want. You look at his production on lesser known artists like Dom and see his versatility. Not to mention even though his radio bangers sound similar, they're pretty much all hard as ****. Paranoid, My *****, Show Me (Kid Ink utter trash) going down as classics no matter how y'all feel.

Like you really going to tell me this ain't one of the smoothest beats you heard in a while?

Last edited:
I hated this guy till I heard YG album... Never thought I was like his stuff.

Do it to ya is :pimp:

striike while oven is hot, whats interesting is that YG album sounds nothing like whats getting him paid, as long as YG sticks with him, they both will be find.

Lex is the most impactful producer since Dre.
roll.gif
roll.gif

London nice. He been producing for strap da fool for some time...and now he blowing up.

Mustard nice too. Y'all act like his songs don't go in...in the club. He's versatile too.

Can't eem knock him

​
 ​
I think Mustard definitely got some more diverse beats, he just giving artists the hits they want.​
 ​
We'll see his true worth once his sound cools off and he has to switch it up.​
 ​
I agree with Lex being very impactful. His drums are all in popular rap . . . Lex, 40 (Drake), and T-Minus (Drake) shaped popular rap since 2010 instrumental wise . . . at least until Mustard took over.​

Last edited:
Main chick - Kid Ink
Loyal - Chris Brown (hate this song :x)
Who do you love - YG
2am - Adrien Marcel
24 hours - TeeFlii (sp?)
2 on - Tinashe
Numb - BoB
Paranoid - don't remember

Not in this order, but I literally heard these songs played in a row on the radio at work. I have never seen a producer have this kind of grip on the radio in such a short time span. Has this ever happened before?

His sound is now annoying me though, I'm ready for more diversity to hit the radio or I might have to listen to sports talk radio at work :lol:

Not in this order, but I literally heard these songs played in a row on the radio at work. I have never seen a producer have this kind of grip on the radio in such a short time span. Has this ever happened before?

​
This happens every year. 
laugh.gif
.​
 ​
2011 - Lex Luger​
 ​
2012 - Mike Will Made It​
 ​
2013 - Young Chop​
 ​
2014 - DJ Mustard​
 ​
10 years ago, it was Lil Jon (who btw, I've been noticing that Mustard actually sounds quite a bit like). Before that, it was The Neptunes.​
 ​
If I was Mustard, I'd be sending the goons to whoever produced Loyal and Fancy because those dudes are about to be EATING off of his sound when those royalties come in. 
mean.gif
.​
 ​

Last edited:
He didn't produce Loyal and Fancy? I could've sworn they were made by him. Can't stand either song though :lol:

zaytoven and toomp are the forefathers to this trap **** IMO. before them you could say dj paul and juicy jay, mannie fresh, maybe master p's production team...

but yeah. lex is offspring.

^ Mannie Fresh then Shawty Redd. The other guys you mentioned are for sure major influences but for me Shawty Redd is the direct father of this trap ****.

Last edited:
Check out Tory Lanez ft. Kirko Bangz - Know Whats Up by DJ Mustard. You can see this guy got bangers if people aint asking him for the same stuff
laugh.gif

At the same time why would he turn down all that money for stuff that sounds the same. I know yall heard that new Jeremih joint w/ YG. A straight hit
hold on, u actually believe mustard produced know whats up? lmaooooo my dude the beat switches and guitars come in. and the beat switches to a beat at a different tempo. this dude dj mustard slapped his name on somebody else work, wake up.

London got heat!!!

so this dont sound exactly like "it aint nun' to cut that b**** off" by k camp to you? this is the typical atlanta beat right now...to the t.
^ Mannie Fresh then Shawty Redd. The other guys you mentioned are for sure major influences but for me Shawty Redd is the direct father of this trap ****.
mannie wasnt making "trap" but shawty redd back in those early jeezy days? DEFINITELY the father of this trap s***. toomp/polo da don had the trap snare thats overused now. but shawty redd put trap on the map. its not really debatable

Check out Tory Lanez ft. Kirko Bangz - Know Whats Up by DJ Mustard. You can see this guy got bangers if people aint asking him for the same stuff :lol:

At the same time why would he turn down all that money for stuff that sounds the same. I know yall heard that new Jeremih joint w/ YG. A straight hit

hold on, u actually believe mustard produced know whats up? lmaooooo my dude the beat switches and guitars come in. and the beat switches to a beat at a different tempo. this dude dj mustard slapped his name on somebody else work, wake up.

havent even heard the song but what proof do you have that its not his work :lol:

havent even heard the song but what proof do you have that its not his work :lol:

Simple, an engineer from producers most of you look up to or respect are the ones who put me on to tory lanez. They did it cuz a beat I showed em had a beat switch in it like this one. When I said there's no way dj mustard did that, they laughed and said of course not and told me one of his in house dudes they mess with did it.

Also some common sense. Dude hasn't played chords in 98% of his beats. Now he's doing chord progressions and beasting on an acoustic guitar? K.​

Last edited:

Simple, an engineer from producers most of you look up to or respect are the ones who put me on to tory lanez. They did it cuz a beat I showed em had a beat switch in it like this one. When I said there's no way dj mustard did that, they laughed and said of course not and told me one of his in house dudes they mess with did it.

Also some common sense. Dude hasn't played chords in 98% of his beats. Now he's doing chord progressions and beasting on an acoustic guitar? K.​

:rofl:

Mustard dont know any music theory man. dude just be pressing buttons. not mad at him at all but he wont be relevant in 2-3 years when the sound of whats hot changes

btw tory lanez is probably one of my favorite artists out right now. say that **** is amazing​

:rofl:

Mustard dont know any music theory man. dude just be pressing buttons. not mad at him at all but he wont be relevant in 2-3 years when the sound of whats hot changes

btw tory lanez is probably one of my favorite artists out right now. say that **** is amazing

I agree with him not knowing music theory. But who knows. As long as he keeps producers under him, he can stay relevant. Cuz once one sound gets tired, he'll just do what he did with the tory lanez track. Take their sound stamp his name on it... Everybody eats.

I'm never mad at a young dude getting money legally. So I RESPECT and applaud his hustle... But i dont like it and I think his beats are trash

I rock with Mustard. I love the west coast feel he got. Harry Fraud is the best producer in the game. For the last few years no producer is seeing him to me.

Back
Top Bottom