Do you believe the official story of 9/11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically.

Same dudes who talk about systematic racism and oppression belive the country has too much morals for such a thing.

This is the kind of talk that is deceptive. There must be acknowledgement of a grey area here. I am one of the last people to blindly follow the intentions of anyone, let alone a country that enslaved millions. But to adhere to the belief that 9/11 was a cover up is preposterous. To base it on past political policy involving atrocities against ethnicities is a false comparison to say the least. 

9/11 was carried out by Al Queda. Point blank.

Are there things we will never know? Of course.

Are there things that people knew that ****** up royally. Highly likely

Plausible deniability is how Washington Operates. Our government is designed to spread blame over various departments, institutions, and figure-heads for a reason. The blame probably lies on roughly 3-400 administrative and security personnel that dropped several balls on several courts. We did not have open-communication among our intelligence agencies back then, and while it is easier to scream CONSPIRACY. It is far more rational to scream INCOMPETENCE. 

Whats deceptive about that talk?

It's preposterous based on what exactly? I don't disagree with most of what you said. You are entitled to your opinion obviously but if you look at from both sides of the story, if you look at it with consideration of that gray area, what exactly leads you to the conclusion that it is preposterous? That it is beyond any possibility whatsoever? I would pose that it is much easier, for the average american, to rely on the good 'ol incompetence excuse that we see in pretty much every major shortcoming in our country that coincidentally benefits particular elite groups of people (the 2007 economic recession for example), than it is to consider individuals conspiring to commit atrocities for the purpose of that benefit as opposed to benefiting from it by happenstance. While I'm not hear to make bold declarations of fact regarding this whole thing, one could just as easily argue that 12 individuals, who speak little to no english, could come here, learn to fly jetliners with probably less than a high school education and pull off the biggest attack on american soil since the british army invaded, seems just as preposterous. You say you are not one to blindly follow, what have you actually opened your eyes and looked at outside of the commissions report, if you've even done that? That implies you've looked at alternative viewpoints and sources of information to draw the conclusion you have. Have you?

I'll put it this way...based on what I've read, for the events of that day to have unfolded as such would indicate not only a MASSIVE failure of even basic security measures at the airline level, but an EXTREME degree of national security incompetence given that not only was a very similar scenario drilled for by NORAD "sometime before 2001," but the White House was WARNED OF TERROR PLANS BY THE CIA AND INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES ALL ACROSS EUROPE FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE YEAR, including about a month before the attacks.

there are SO MANY things that are...inconsistent...with the official version of events. it almost insults the intelligence after a while. the actual attacks can be taken at face value IMO, but the mechanisms by which they were allowed to happen...

"Willful Ignorance in Pursuit of a Grander Design" has always been my verdict on the American government's role. either malicious intent or actual mental ******ation was involved here.

it'll be another 15 years before we know even half of the truth.

COVID (and the rest of it) has made me reconsider how much control the American government has over anything at all.

it's entirely possible that everyone in a position to make a decision that day just kinda went "uh..." for like an hour.

no matter what happened, I still strongly suspect this was the beginning of the end.

this is all my personal speculation, but I strongly believe that without this event we never get the level of fear and tribalism that elects a guy like Donald John Trump as leader...from there you get the ongoing COVID cluster****, neonazis marching the streets, an actual history-book coup attempt, and oh yeah objective reality itself is coming apart a bit at the seams.

9/11 pretty much created the 24-hour news cycle, which puts us on a direct route to Fox News/NewsMax/QAnon.

a couple million million (not a typo) dollars could have probably also helped with stuff like infrastructure and education.

instead we get state power grids shutting down and underpaid teachers babysitting 35 kids in a 2-year pandemic.

looking back 20 years, would you say the society we share is in better or worse shape? does it seem like it will improve soon?

I know what my answers would be.

this is all my personal speculation, but I strongly believe that without this event we never get the level of fear and tribalism that elects a guy like Donald John Trump as leader...from there you get the ongoing COVID cluster****, neonazis marching the streets, an actual history-book coup attempt, and oh yeah objective reality itself is coming apart a bit at the seams.

9/11 pretty much created the 24-hour news cycle, which puts us on a direct route to Fox News/NewsMax/QAnon.

a couple million million (not a typo) dollars could have probably also helped with stuff like infrastructure and education.

instead we get state power grids shutting down and underpaid teachers babysitting 35 kids in a 2-year pandemic.

looking back 20 years, would you say the society we share is in better or worse shape? does it seem like it will improve soon?

I know what my answers would be.

I get what you mean, especially about the tribalism part. Seems like our country put more focus and efforts into sharing a common enemy, rather than improvement and innovation.

China is on the brink of surpassing us, and we're too distracted with our BS to see it.

I get what you mean, especially about the tribalism part. Seems like our country put more focus and efforts into sharing a common enemy, rather than improvement and innovation.

China is on the brink of surpassing us, and we're too distracted with our BS to see it.
Surpassing us how? Not saying I disagree Just curious on your thoughts

I understand the perspective of 9/11 serving as the "turning point" of America's global dominance, but I would argue the turning point was the beginning of The Cold War.

We put all our focus into matters which never focused on improving the lives of American Citizens. Our gov't was more focused on other affairs.

Take away 9/11 leave everything else I think we still end up at this point. It just takes longer than 2 decades. The flawed and performative response was more impactful than the attack.
9/11 planted a seed ..
by whom.. who knows..
the visuals and emos stay implanted.. most don’t know where or what they did 3 days ago but remember that day.

Off recent events which served as turning points for America
  • Pearl Harbor
  • 9/11
  • Covid-19
Life became VERY different once these events unfolded. I know in my heart of hearts, the story we're told isn't an honest one. But that's not what disappoints me. What's most infuriating is we may never truly know what or why 9/11 happened. And if that day ever does come when he learn the truth, it'll already be too late. Every great empire collapses. Our time may be a lot sooner than we think. Maybe not in our lifetimes, but sometime in the near future.

-Trade routes
-Technical advancements
-Medical advancements
-Research going into the aforementioned
-Space exploration
-Emphasis on the arts

etc

The USA is so inundated with all these distractions, we've forgotten about everything else.
There a still an extreme amount of poverty, corruption, and general instability in China before I consider them being on the level of the US. The CCP has a hard time dealing with corrupt local governments, alot of the rural regions are extremely impoverish and lacks basic necessities, and there's still a high amount of nepotism in every level of government and the military. In alot of ways there's still elements of a third world country compared to alot of western nations. Not to mention the restrictions that communism causes given the nature of that system. So economically, they're strong, but in many aspects, they're inferior to more "stable" nations. In other words, they're imbalanced.

Off recent events which served as turning points for America
  • Pearl Harbor
  • 9/11
  • Covid-19
What's most infuriating is we may never truly know
with so much technological advances we still fall victim to deviant behaviors. Yes, it’s mildly infuriating

There a still an extreme amount of poverty, corruption, and general instability in China before I consider them being on the level of the US. The CCP has a hard time dealing with corrupt local governments, alot of the rural regions are extremely impoverish and lacks basic necessities, and there's still a high amount of nepotism in every level of government and the military. In alot of ways there's still elements of a third world country compared to alot of western nations. Not to mention the restrictions that communism causes given the nature of that system. So economically, they're strong, but in many aspects, they're inferior to more "stable" nations. In other words, they're imbalanced.

As are we.

Not saying China has passed us. What I am saying is that China is knocking on that door.

okay.. 4 days ago :lol:..

seriously though.. we’ll say a week around 11am.. what were you doing?

The same exact thing I'm doing right now.

sitting-behind-your-desk-bad-for-your-health.jpg

So honestly I'm not informed enough to know what really happened or didn't. All i know is that day in my life I will never forget. I was an 11 year old kid in elementary school in Tarrytown NY. The school is right across from the Tappan zee bridge and you can see into the city. When i tell you the amount of smoke you could see from our side was crazy. They had our school on lock down and they made our parents come pick us up. At first they told us there was rabid racoon on school property and we couldn't leave. It wasn't til we got home and saw the news that we saw what was really happening. I had friends who lost parents and family members. So as far as how it happened or why it happened I guess the truth will never be known but the truth is many innocent people lost their lives.

It's crazy because I was Patriotic as fuh after 9/11. And every person I knew was as well for hella months after.
Now a lot of us feel used :stoneface:
I was 9 when it happened. Went to karate class that night all angry and ****. Was grunting and kicking the pads extra hard :lol:

I remember it was hot as **** in the city that day and they kept us in the part of the underground part of the school with no ac till our parents picked us up. They did tell us nyc was under attack before taking us underground. Weird day. Oh yeah and Funk flex hyped up jay z and the takeover hard the night before on hot 97 he dropped like a 100 bombs and ran it back over and over and over

I was 11 too. Was wild seeing my teacher trying to keep a straight face. I was clueless wth a terrorist attack was. Some white kid was scared as hell and crying in my classroom then we went outside and some jets flew over us. Proly going to go get the plane in philly targeting the white house. Makes you think how the hell that one went. Went to go see the after math of the pentagon. Was covered with a big ol american flag. Cray times man. Young af too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom