Do you discuss hot button topics at work?

my last 9-5 was around the time of the Trayvon incident, and that's when I not only found out just how dissimilar my officemates and myself were during the other 16 hours of every day, but how little interest I had in forced association with such folk on an extended basis.

I've been freelance ever since.

Absolutely not. There are confirmed Aryan brotherhood members where I work. Aircraft assembly in the largest building in the world.

I just want an opportunity to hear the **** i see typed on the internet so i can laugh in person and call them an idiot. NYC leads the league in closeted bigots

I don't befriend anyone at work, so I don't broach any of these topics.

When these topics do come up, I don't say anything.

I just take mental notes of certain people that are exposing themselves. Between politics and this kaepernick **** I look at so many people different.

^^ that & tbh other than fake smiles & occasional small talk I don't really fool with a certain color or should I say noncolor ppl at work or in life really. That really eliminates a lot of foolishness that would've otherwise spewed.

Not really but I have had check a few co-workers on stereotyping. They don't understand how me (a black male) can feel so strongly about them saying things about Hispanics or Muslims. Even had to go so far as drawing a parallel between white men and mass shootings.

Depends on who is around. But people been exposing themselves lately. I just take note.
View media item 2165454

Last edited:
I'm cool with the majority of people I work with. Supervisors, boss, some co workers. Depending on who it is, we'll talk about any and everything.

But if it's a racial topic .....I'll only discuss it if the person is black. If they bring it up, I'll just listen and keep my thoughts to myself. I don't feel like arguing at work. Already had one dude expose himself over this Kaep thing.

I don't.

This one white dude at work, former Marine, team America type of dude, asked me about Trump one day and I gave him the coldest stone face and said I don't follow politics because he was trying to put me on front street all loud and ****.

I go to work to get paid, not to give my opinion.

Last edited:
Naw I show up do what I gotta do n I'm out ...plus most ppl at my job couldn't relate to me besides the fact that we work at the same place anyway

N it dont even gotta be anything serious ...I had to do some work with 3 other ppl, all 21 to like 25 and they kept talking bout snapchat...I ain't know or was interested at all in what they were talking bout :lol:

Last edited:
I saw this lady I work with wallpaper on her phone today.

Confederate flag :smh:

Such a cool lady too, lowkey hurt my heart when I saw it. Just shook my head and walked away.

If you're black please don't get baited into debating. I've had to check myself countless times. Its a lose lose situation.

No but I kind of want someone to ask me about blacklivematter movement or Colin Kap stance so I can really be ostracized as the militant angry minority.
I fantasize about it all the time.

In my old job me and my coworker used to talk about that **** all the time at lunch with the doctors and staff and it got pretty uncomfortable but i think the dialogue actually helped the relationship.

Not gonna Lie I've been throwing topics out in the open to get these people's opinions so I can weed out all the poc hating white people from the cool ones.

I know I probably shouldn't but I randomly bring up Donald Tump at work and look for reactions. :lol:
:smokin

I mention I'm into WWE wrestling, and ask if they know what happened at Wrestlemania 23. I then explain that Donald Trump was representing a guy named Bobby Lashley, while Vince McMahon was with Umaga, and how Donald Trump ended up shaving Mr. McMahon's head bald :wow:

If you're black please don't get baited into debating. I've had to check myself countless times. Its a lose lose situation.

Only an idiot tells you what's on their mind all the time. And that goes for them :nerd: as well.

Sometimes when the employee lounge is filled during lunch, and people are quietly eating, I bring up the ultimate hot button issue..............
Nas Won :nerd:

The usual response.....

Back
Top Bottom