Do you discuss hot button topics at work?

Nah. I've even gone so far as to tell co-workers to just stop talking about certain issues because I want to like them and get along with them at work.

Also, like many in here I take mental notes of who has played themselves with some tomfoolery coming out their mouth. Had a cat just this past week try to explain to me that when the KKK began it wasn't a bad organization. Like why does that matter in 2016 my dude? :smh:

Ill share...remember the Orlando gay club shooting like recently?

Well the day after it happened it was the topic at work and our shift manager comes out and says, "they all deserved to die, god dont like gays".

Ofcourse everyone is in awe, but everyone know hes an *** so were just like okay dude.

I'm in construction. Being an electrician, I work with whites mainly. I'm always telling them why they're wrong on many things with facts and they just seem to ignore it. One dude got mad when I called him out on being willfully ignorant.

People care to much about the wrong things. Don't even have the power we used to cause we're so divided. I cringe every time I hear a union member say they're a Republican. I wish people got up in arms about the TPP, Dakota Pipeline, and the $38 Billion we're giving to Israel the way they did about Kaepernick.

Last edited:
Funny you bring that up. Was listening to co workers BS bout Kap the other day. Mf's kept pronouncing his name Colon instead of Colin :lol:

Lately I haven't been giving a damb. Some co-workers get it and some stay lost

Yes but only with the coworkers Ive identified as open minded. The dudes that watch Faux News... Nah I shut that **** down immediately.

All we talk about is music, cars, and garden tools. I've seen some debates go on about politics. It was so uncomfortable to be around but :lol:

Kinda sad that nowadays everyone is so sensitive that people can't simply have an adult conversation anymore without the fear of reprisal from HR. I work with people 8-12 hours a day for weeks at a time all sitting at the same table so there is a good chance a lot of these topics come up. Politics is actually fine but religion is not. Religion seems to be the only no give topic and people get mad defensive about it if cornered. Politics, since everyone at my workplace is educated very well, is fine because we are all anti trump. From there it is chill usually to discuss the various degrees and types of policy. I honestly feel bad that the fabric of our society, the workplace, is so hyper sensitive and fake nowadays. Can't feel any sense of family or belonging when u are afraid to say your bit.

Back
Top Bottom