Do you think the XIs are overrated?

Yeah, I think they're nice and all, but I certainly don't think that one should have to go through so much trouble like camp out just to be able to cop or pay $300 on eBay for a pair.

What do you guys think? Discuss.

Yeah, I think they're nice and all, but I certainly don't think that one should have to go through so much trouble like camp out just to be able to cop or pay $300 on eBay for a pair.

i love the xi. it is one of my most favourite shoes of all time, but i must admit the hype around them is ridiculous. overrated for sure.

i love the xi. it is one of my most favourite shoes of all time, but i must admit the hype around them is ridiculous. overrated for sure.

No they are not overrated......they are pure and simply put one of the best (if not THE best) in the Air Jordan line of sneakers due to their classic style. I would also say performance with the caveat being during that particular era when they were originally released. I'm sure in today's market their are better performing shoes with the evolution of technology. However, even with that, they still aint bad.

No they are not overrated......they are pure and simply put one of the best (if not THE best) in the Air Jordan line of sneakers due to their classic style. I would also say performance with the caveat being during that particular era when they were originally released. I'm sure in today's market their are better performing shoes with the evolution of technology. However, even with that, they still aint bad.

Most people remembered MJ having a great season in those shoes and the fact that it was something very different for its time makes the shoe a must have for collectors and causal people.

Most people remembered MJ having a great season in those shoes and the fact that it was something very different for its time makes the shoe a must have for collectors and causal people.

I think the XI's are overated too because of the hype it causes and the style of the shoes. I mean come on it's got patent leather. I never thought Tinker Hatfield would make an athletic and iconic shoe like that. I would say that the XI's are anybody (at not the very least) favorite Jordan of all time.

I think the XI's are overated too because of the hype it causes and the style of the shoes. I mean come on it's got patent leather. I never thought Tinker Hatfield would make an athletic and iconic shoe like that. I would say that the XI's are anybody (at not the very least) favorite Jordan of all time.

I personally like the xiii's better than the xi's. It's all on preference, but I believe that they are definitely top 3 if not top 2 in the jordan line

I personally like the xiii's better than the xi's. It's all on preference, but I believe that they are definitely top 3 if not top 2 in the jordan line

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Most of those people are resellers, looking to make that $300 on ebay for a pair.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Most of those people are resellers, looking to make that $300 on ebay for a pair.  
laugh.gif

XI's are def top 3 of my favorite... in which order, hell if i know
eyes.gif
.  Depends on my mood really but i think the hype is what makes it even more interesting IMO.

XI's are def top 3 of my favorite... in which order, hell if i know
eyes.gif
.  Depends on my mood really but i think the hype is what makes it even more interesting IMO.

No not really

Jordans were very popular before the XI but the AJ XI took Jordans to an iconic level. It changed sneaker collecting. And its not really about the 72 season either, they were sought from the first time he wore them against the Magic in 1995 Playoffs. They were just so different.

In my opinion, the XI is a must have for a serious Jordan collector among with the III, IV, V, VI and the XII

No not really

Jordans were very popular before the XI but the AJ XI took Jordans to an iconic level. It changed sneaker collecting. And its not really about the 72 season either, they were sought from the first time he wore them against the Magic in 1995 Playoffs. They were just so different.

In my opinion, the XI is a must have for a serious Jordan collector among with the III, IV, V, VI and the XII

Back
Top Bottom