Does a rapper's inability to put on a good live show change your opinion of him?

Just like the title says.  Say there is a rapper you love.  He is one of the best ever to you.  You finally see him live and he is AWFUL.  Does his lack of live performance skills sway your opinion of him?

Actually he doesnt have to be one of your favorites.  Just someone you like.

So what do you think NT?  Are live performances a separate entity?  Or can you still love a hip hop artist's music even though he is terrible live?

Just like the title says.  Say there is a rapper you love.  He is one of the best ever to you.  You finally see him live and he is AWFUL.  Does his lack of live performance skills sway your opinion of him?

So what do you think NT?  Are live performances a separate entity?  Or can you still love a hip hop artist's music even though he is terrible live?

For me, it kinda affects the way I listen to him. I lost respect for DOOM once he started pulling this Imposter @@+$.

For me, it kinda affects the way I listen to him. I lost respect for DOOM once he started pulling this Imposter @@+$.

Yes. It makes me question his dedication to his craft.

Even from a business standpoint, touring is still artist's bread and butter even with all this 360 Deal stuff. Why wouldnt you want to get your money and have fans enjoy your show?

I understand how hard it is for artists but still if you wanna be a star, you gotta have an impressive live show.

Even from a business standpoint, touring is still artist's bread and butter even with all this 360 Deal stuff. Why wouldnt you want to get your money and have fans enjoy your show?

I understand how hard it is for artists but still if you wanna be a star, you gotta have an impressive live show.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Completely agree with this.

Which is why I have a hard time taking a certain rapper seriously anymore that many feel is the GOAT. 

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Completely agree with this.

Which is why I have a hard time taking a certain rapper seriously anymore that many feel is the GOAT. 

For me I'd say no... I always seperated the two. If an artist I like puts on a bad show I just wouldn't be a fan of him live... That doesn't affect the music he puts out though.

For me I'd say no... I always seperated the two. If an artist I like puts on a bad show I just wouldn't be a fan of him live... That doesn't affect the music he puts out though.

*J-Live*If I come to your show and you're wack you sound even wacker on tape*J-Live*

*J-Live*If I come to your show and you're wack you sound even wacker on tape*J-Live*

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif

so you saw jay?

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif

so you saw jay?

Jay is the stiffest live performer ever (Em is stiff in a weirder more spastic but equally wack way if that makes sense) but he has so many explosions, light shows, and bad +%@%+#$ dancing around in the back ground and bill clinton might come out and play sax while gettin topped off, so i cant even hate on his live performances.

but jays shows do make me wonder why the greatest rapper ever has zero rhythm.

Back
Top Bottom