Does anyone on NT cut their own hair? PICS will be forthcoming

Been cutting my hair since '03 too. Learned a lot about lining up with the mirrors. Just recently started fading myself. That is pretty difficult as you don't have the big picture or overall look that a barber would have. You just have to fail a few times to finally get it.

Originally Posted by alcstarheel

Been cutting my hair since '03 too. Learned a lot about lining up with the mirrors. Just recently started fading myself. That is pretty difficult as you don't have the big picture or overall look that a barber would have. You just have to fail a few times to finally get it.

Havnt gotten comfortable with this... I do a sleight fade on my sides to blend the waves, but I cant do like.. A skin fade or anything serious like that.

x2_6b1a37c

I have been for the last 12 years. I keep my joint extra low... I used to cut everybody in the hood. Duno why I never got my L's.

My joints went out on me the day of this party lol I had to run and buy some more
laugh.gif

I've been doing my own since let's see maybe '98 can't remember. I don't give myself the same cut every time, depends how it turns out. Adjustments if need be. I give my pop, cousin, brother and even my mom asks me to trim around her ears.
laugh.gif

It's been a week and a half and its starting to look like crap. Thin Asian hair
30t6p3b.gif
Gonna get a trim in a few days.
6404034903_8573da062c_m.jpg

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

After years of paying someone to mess up my hair, I decided I can do it for free if they're just going to mess it up. I have an Andis T Outliner 1, T Outliner 2 (I use them to shave), and an Andis Professional Master Clipper which is adjustable. Do I just pick it out into a fro, then go straight lines front to back with the Professional adjusted to length I want (probably a 2)? I can line my front up no problem, but then the temple and fading it down might be hard. The ladies who cut it usually use a comb to hold just the ends out and cut them so it has a slight fade on the edges all around. Is it as simple as I'm thinking? I've never gotten my temple looking right for as long as I remember, maybe twice. They always be giving me a "Nevada" shape to it, or an equilateral triangle, or trapezoid or some other shape.

Anybody got a tutorial on some advice. Thanks bros.
real life...
there is your problem....

and please dont tell me they are asian.... please go to a legit barber.

I do a 1 all around, have my gf hit my neck. And I line it up with a trimmer and a straight razor. And do my beard however I'm feeling in the moment. I have a boy who gave himself flawless brooks back in the day and low fades now. IDK how he does it, but they are flawless. So yes it can be done.

Originally Posted by breezylocks

After years of paying someone to mess up my hair, I decided I can do it for free if they're just going to mess it up. I have an Andis T Outliner 1, T Outliner 2 (I use them to shave), and an Andis Professional Master Clipper which is adjustable. Do I just pick it out into a fro, then go straight lines front to back with the Professional adjusted to length I want (probably a 2)? I can line my front up no problem, but then the temple and fading it down might be hard. The ladies who cut it usually use a comb to hold just the ends out and cut them so it has a slight fade on the edges all around. Is it as simple as I'm thinking? I've never gotten my temple looking right for as long as I remember, maybe twice. They always be giving me a "Nevada" shape to it, or an equilateral triangle, or trapezoid or some other shape.

real life...
this. no sexist. had a woman cut my hair once, my neck was on fire for the rest of the day

You can plug yourself even with a guard fam'...
If it pops off, it's over and done with! 
laugh.gif

Seen it happen a few times.

I'm going to school trying to become a barber. 

Will try and post videos of Taper Fades, Bald Fades, Low, Medium, High fades. 

College cuts (Even all overs) I.E. #1 all over, with a line up on the neck and edge up. 

Any special request y'all can P.M. me, and I'll make a video.

Get my clippers after I hit 300 hours at school, sitting at 250 2 weeks away! 
pimp.gif

I get some T-Outliners (Edgers by Andi's), Seniors by Wahl, & Masters by Andi's along with some other supplies I will be teaching how to use.

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

and please dont tell me they are asian.... please go to a legit barber.
Yes they are, Koreans.

And yes, I messed it up. I bought the guards but then decided to go sans guards since it has an adjustable level and when I was using the left hand to do the back of my head. my thumb tripped the level down and basically cut it bald at that spot so I had to try to even it out baldy all around and still couldn't get every square inch so I had to go back to the shop and get the rest balf shadowed out.

i give my self a 6 all around which is easy as hell then i let my mom clean it up around the back
laugh.gif

not sure if that counts though
tongue.gif

I do. 2 mirrors and time will get it done. After a while you just get use to your own hair.

This was a 3 all around and a light taper
245ijp3.jpg

I sometimes go a little longer (4 or 5 all around), just so the taper will show a little more.

It looks better when i get it done at the barber (of course) but it beats paying 15$ every time.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

I do. 2 mirrors and time will get it done. After a while you just get use to your own hair.

This was a 3 all around and a light taper
245ijp3.jpg

I sometimes go a little longer (4 or 5 all around), just so the taper will show a little more.

It looks better when i get it done at the barber (of course) but it beats paying 15$ every time.
ohwell.gif

8.5/10 all around
pimp.gif
If you located in the sd area of socal holla!

Back
Top Bottom