Does Anyone On NT Work In The Music Business?

I don't work in the industry, but the people I know who do are all shady, fake it until you make it type dudes. I know way to many wack rappers, lying about having stacks and whips, promoters who constantly lie, and managers who scout women talent just to get in the yambs..... The industry is real fake and like the lottery with how talent doesn't matter anymore. It's way over saturated I would stay away from it as a career choice....

You don't want to be 50yrs and still the only employee and CEO of flatland records (a place in Brooklyn)

The Industry is changing. A big change is coming.

If your an artist, If it's meant to be, it'll be.

You guys in here are posting a lot of good information. I was wondering how much would you guys recommend putting to the side for PR/Blogs for one project? And using that project/viral videos/singles to get noticed?

You guys in here are posting a lot of good information. I was wondering how much would you guys recommend putting to the side for PR/Blogs for one project? And using that project/viral videos/singles to get noticed?
Thats all personal preference, and could factor down to what kind of team you can build around yourself. I know tons of Hungry Videographers, Editors, Ect but thats because of networking, and finding out there also looking to expand there own portfolios ect...

I'm an independent artist and currently work in the music division of Three/21 Media, the company founded by director Rik Cordero.

You may have heard my music, and I'm sure you've seen some of the work we've done with your favorite artists.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Three21Media

Last edited:
The internet is where all the talents is at so dont be sending no demos or etc cause Labels dont want that all and they will throw it in the trash

If you buzzing on the internet you have a chance of getting a deal

Rich Homie Quan & Trinidad James and a few others just got a deal from Def Jam cause how amazing their buzz was on the internet

Being Indie isnt bad either

Yes I do.  

Just remember this:  It's not what you know, or even who you know, it's about WHO KNOWS YOU.  Make good impressions on everyone you encounter because you never know what they can do for you.

Co-sign completely.

truth on who knows you 

cause i was a wack producer at one time 

and kept sending out beats lucky i knew people who willing to keep giving me chances till i got better now 

cause if they didnt knew me ...i woulda been on the blocked list long time ago for sending out them weak beats lol 

now they getting me  the big placements i always wanted since i stepped it up major now 

oh yeah make sure your management & laywers are good 

cause people will turn on you quick for some "rap friends" or when that check is in they face

which in turn i never got the proper credit for beat i produced on a album last year ..my own "hommie" took it and ran with the credit 
tired.gif

Last edited:
truth on who knows you 

cause i was a wack producer at one time 

and kept sending out beats lucky i knew people who willing to keep giving me chances till i got better now 

cause if they didnt knew me ...i woulda been on the blocked list long time ago for sending out them weak beats lol 

now they getting me  the big placements i always wanted since i stepped it up major now 

oh yeah make sure your management & laywers are good 

cause people will turn on you quick for some "rap friends" or when that check is in they face

which in turn i never got the proper credit for beat i produced on a album last year ..my own "hommie" took it and ran with the credit |I  

Kill him

What beat was it btw?

internship opportunity available at a music management company in ny. info/application here.

Looking for some internship opportunities in LA. :nerd:

I'm managing an artist right now. Would love to get more deep into that field though and actually "be" a manager if that makes sense. Have the product, just don't really have the know how at the moment.

I worked on a project with my artist in 2013, and from PR to hard copies, to album artwork, to Videos, it easily got in the 2k range, and that was cheap.

However, we learned from that, and dropped a project in 2014 which yielded much better traction, and much more results and not paying nearly as much. Some people spend money unnecessarily as an upcoming unknown artist, thinking they need certain things when they either 1) Don't, or 2) Do need it, but not at that particular time.

As a manager, I do want to keep this thread alive. Read through it's some dope stuff in here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom