Does high school ever matter?

As senior year comes to an end I reflect back on the many things I wish I could have done better.

To start I wish I worked harder in class (decent grades but always could have been better), smoked less reefer (not really), approached more girls.. morepeople to be exact... and just changed up my general approach to high school. I fell through with a girl I was head over heels for since like sophomore yearwhich only left a bad taste in my mouth.
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
With that said, I am definitely looking forward to a fresh new slate andexperience at college.
happy.gif
Is high school relevant to you older heads?

To be honest, I've only kept in touch with people i wanted to keep in touch with, other than that, I have completely disregarded my experience in H.S.

High School = development of your lifetime personality. So yes, in a lot of ways, it matters.

High school was a ton of fun, no doubt.

I don't think I could ever go back, though. High school isn't really representative of who you really are in the world. It's so isolated andsynthetic. By the time you get out into the real world, it's such a culture shock because everything isn't what it seemed. You really aren't thatcool and you really aren't that smart.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I don't think I could ever go back, though. High school isn't really representative of who you really are in the world. It's so isolated and synthetic. By the time you get out into the real world, it's such a culture shock because everything isn't what it seemed. You really aren't that cool and you really aren't that smart.

I agree, "the man" in HS is just laying around the house now but still trying to bag HS girls
laugh.gif
. And the dude who graduated at the top of the class went to some big school andis scared to tell their parents they're about to get kicked out of school
roll.gif
. And I knew I wasn't gonna need to know cursive, what a waste!

Originally Posted by JFKTV

High School = development of your lifetime personality. So yes, in a lot of ways, it matters.

wouldn't exactly say so ... 'cause my personality is completely different than how it was in hs

Originally Posted by renkxedik

Originally Posted by JFKTV

wouldn't exactly say so ... 'cause my personality is completely different than how it was in hs

Oh.

If there was anything that I would have taken advantage of it would have to be the free schooling that I had in HS.

I definitely would have inquired more about things.

I'm done w/ College. I went to a private University and now I am stuck with Loans a little below 100K. So it makes me really wich that I had used more ofHS's free resources.

I was involved with many things. But I wish I was involved in more.

High school is irrevalant to me. I hated it, now after high schoollife is alot funner cuz i do what i want instead of being told what to do.

Some dudes peak in high school, some dudes peak in college, some dudes peak in the real world. And by peak I mean that they are at a point in their lives whenthey are most successful and happy.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I don't think I could ever go back, though. High school isn't really representative of who you really are in the world. It's so isolated and synthetic. By the time you get out into the real world, it's such a culture shock because everything isn't what it seemed. You really aren't that cool and you really aren't that smart.

I agree, "the man" in HS is just laying around the house now but still trying to bag HS girls
laugh.gif
. And the dude who graduated at the top of the class went to some big school and is scared to tell their parents they're about to get kicked out of school
roll.gif
. And I knew I wasn't gonna need to know cursive, what a waste!

kinda sad, but true.
smh.gif

^^ true

I wish I would have focused more on my academics even though I did well. I spent too much time trying to be a "playa" with these dumb broads. ( WhichI don't regret LOL)

Originally Posted by eight2one

High school is irrevalant to me. I hated it, now after high schoollife is alot funner cuz i do what i want instead of being told what to do.

Really?

i left my original high school in socal in the begining of 11th, while in my peak, i guess you can say, and came to a high school in utah,
and now im in continuation school, waiting for my ged, so i can leave this horrid state, no i dont miss it, maybe if i would have stayed in my old hs,
i think i miss middle school more than high school

high school blew
didn't learn *$## i didn't already know
didn't meet anybody i wanted to know
it was just pretty much somethin to do during the day for me

Originally Posted by JD Turk

To be honest, I've only kept in touch with people i wanted to keep in touch with, other than that, I have completely disregarded my experience in H.S.

truth.

Originally Posted by Vince Dirty

Originally Posted by eight2one

Really?
yeah FUNNER...you got a problem with that??? and if you do, please voice your concerns to Jeff Van Gundy

H.S. only matters when you are in it. After wards it doesnt matter for anything.

I feel bad for people who think that high school is the best time of their life since in the big picture it only represents a small fraction of your life.Igraduated 10 years ago and my life just keeps on getting better.

I had lots of fun in high school and university but most of the time I was thinking to myself "I could be making money right now but instead I'mstuck in a class"

High school is fun in my opinion.

High school = less stress than college.
Everything is easier too.

Think about it this way....... You'll never see as much people that you know as when you are in high school.

I had some good times and bad times but overall, high school is a good experience to have. After graduation, things change drastically. You will likely havemore responsibilities and be introduced to the "adult world".....

To any high schoolers reading this, I say ENJOY it coz you'll never have this experience again.

Back
Top Bottom