Does it look bad to use a coupon for a first date?

Not a single person is going to ask what shoes dude is going to wear?
mean.gif

NT fell off.
That is a real question, and determining factor if she will get wet. 

I dont know how Red Lobster is so bad, but Im sure half the people bashing it have nothing but good ravs for Olive Garden.

I guess since I do not go there for the seafood it does not matter to me, but it doesnt seem like the worse place to go. I would say Applebees is the worse place you could go. 

I somewhat prefer a chain, where I know the food is consistent. 

If you two just met, I wouldn't...I mean what is the point?

If you know each other, then you should already know her reaction and I would do it just for **** and giggles.

I wouldn't in all seriousness pop out a discount coupon on a date though...the same way I wouldn't want the first time I smash a girl I'm trying to date to be ungroomed down below and have some old *** underwear...sometimes is good to make a conscious effort to make a good first impression...what's wrong with that?

The problem isn't the coupon or Red Lobster; it's that she has to order from the Maine Stays selections. If it were a buy-one get-one anything then it would be a good deal. But now you're taking her out to dinner and limiting her choices? That's not a good look.

I suggest taking her to Red Lobster and letting her order whatever she wants. If she just so happens to order from the Maine Stays menu then you are golden. You could even whip it out like, "oh I have this coupon... I wonder if it works."

Last edited:
that's the way to go :nthat:
Seriously, some girl will judge you for that... but **** those kind of girls anyway.

Like Scars said...women like to feel like they are worth something to you, specially when you two don't even know each other and are on a first date...I mean is just a 12$ plate of food...a girl isn't worth not even 12$ to ya?...can't be serious...

Ya talking as if this coupon was saving ya a fortune...you would come off as extremely cheap and I wouldn't blame any girl for feeling a certain way and that doesn't nessesarily mean that she's materialistic.

Is not about a girl being down to earth man....she's not expecting a diamond or a trip to Paris, she's already going on a date with you to Red Lobster, that alone says "down to earth" but my dude wanna pull a coupon to get her meal for free and you guys don't see anything wrong with that :lol:

Money is still money though. If it's not inconvenient for you to save the couple dollars, then why not use it?

Maybe it's something I'll understand in my older years, but I never got the whole idea where people like to drop unnecessary money on things just to prove a point.

It's not about proving a point, why ask a woman on a date if you cannot even afford to pay her meal?

Whoever is advocating to not use the coupon :smh:. OP don't listen to them broham. Whip it out, make a joke about it, and hand it to the waiter/cashier. If you can pull that off, the woman will respect you. Trust.

Whoever is advocating to not use the coupon :smh:. OP don't listen to them broham. Whip it out, make a joke about it, and hand it to the waiter/cashier. If you can pull that off, the woman will respect you. Trust.

Why do you think a woman would respect a man that invites her on a date and doesn't want to pay her dinner?...serious question.

Why do you think a woman would respect a man that invites her on a date and doesn't want to pay her dinner?...serious question.

It's not a matter of not wanting to pay, it's about not letting this simp society's "rules" dictate your life.

its a first date. to me, a first date is all about light hearted fun. if i suggested a coupon on the first, id expect the chick to be laugh and be like hell yeah! haha. and i stand by what i said, if a chick is turned off by me suggesting a coupon on the first date, then she is shallow and not down to earth

No one said anyone couldn't afford it, but you didn't answer my question. If you have the means to pay all in cash, and you have a coupon lying around in your wallet for 50% off the tab, what's wrong with using it?

nothing wrong with using coupons, **** id have no problems paying for my girls dinner with a coupon...but on a first date?...why?...what point are YOU trying to prove and why would you blame any girl or judge her if she never accepts a second date?

Shocked this reached 3 pages.

I've done it in the past. Wasn't a big deal at all & had no adverse effect on the date.

Last edited:
Like Scars said...women like to feel like they are worth something to you, specially when you two don't even know each other and are on a first date...I mean is just a 12$ plate of food...a girl isn't worth not even 12$ to ya?...can't be serious...

Ya talking as if this coupon was saving ya a fortune...you would come off as extremely cheap and I wouldn't blame any girl for feeling a certain way and that doesn't nessesarily mean that she's materialistic.

Money is still money though. If it's not inconvenient for you to save the couple dollars, then why not use it?

Maybe it's something I'll understand in my older years, but I never got the whole idea where people like to drop unnecessary money on things just to prove a point.

Eh. I'll wait and find coupons/deals on just about any material good unless I'm absolutely in need of it (or if it's something I know will sell out, never be any kind of sale or there's a reason for buying it). The problem is, unless your main focus is just getting your **** wet with this chick or she's a certain type of girl, most respectable females will relate it to how you value them.

And if you are just trying to ****, aren't you still simping if you're actually taking the girl out whether you're using a coupon or not? I thought we just give em hard **** and bubblegum on NT?

It's not a matter of not wanting to pay, it's about not letting this simp society's "rules" dictate your life.

you think dropping 20$ on a first date is "simping" i find it hard to believe anyone with that mentality has a high success rate with women man....:x

It's not about the money, it's the principle. You can shower a woman with as much money or gifts you want. But if the respect is not there, you mind as well be a sugar daddy.

amen to that... personally like others said why even go out to eat... go to a lounge/cafe/park etc.... somewhere undisturbed and quaint and talk, interact, get to know each other... The whole premise behind not using a coupon is on some trying to prove a point impress etc.... and one red lobster by i guess simp/tricking standards isnt that impressive. So if thats the goal u already lost. The whole point of dining out together etc... is to enjoy each others company and spend time with someone you know etc... Or because its a place you guys enjoy to eat. And i seriously doubt the food taste any different whether u use a coupon or not.

It's not about the money, it's the principle. You can shower a woman with as much money or gifts you want. But if the respect is not there, you mind as well be a sugar daddy.

you are looking at it from one end of the tunnel, do you think is wrong for her to feel disrespected/worthless if you blatantly pull out a coupon or limit what she can order to eat on a first date?...

inviting a female to a nice dinner on a date, doesnt equate being a sugar daddy or a simp man..

Back
Top Bottom