Does it look bad to use a coupon for a first date?

first of all op needs to post pics of this chick so i can see if she is even worthy of a red lobster meal

cause if shes not a 10 star chick you might as well just take her to the movies or something. and if you buy the tickets she can buy the pop corn and stuff

girls like to spend money on you if theyre into you. fact

Last edited:
ksteezy you're bugging son.

women dont ask men on dates because it is deemed inappropriate by society.

it just doesn't happen and its the man's job.

that said if you can't have a good time without spending guap something is wrong. go for a walk, coffee, drinks, etc.

put it this way if you can't go to dinner and use a coupon now, what makes you think she's down with it 2 years later. money shouldn't be buying relationships

I was never trying to prove a point. My plan was to use the coupon, which I happened to have (not even searching for one after we picked a restaurant), to save money on a meal we would have eaten regardless of whether I had the coupon or not.

That's not proving a point. People do irrational things to prove points, because if it was normal, it wouldn't be proving a point. Me taking up a car salesman's offer of $1000 off for my son's first car isn't proving a point. Telling him I don't need that discount cause I have money in the bank is proving a point.

yeah that would be stupid, but that is your son, and that is 1000$ of a purchase of a car, pulling out a coupon on a first date with a woman you just met...im not sure what exactly it is you are trying to achieve other than to show her you are either cheap or ODing on being an alpha and teaching her a lesson she didnt asked to be taught....because at the end of the day, it was YOU who asked her out in the first place most likely.

you are looking at it from one end of the tunnel, do you think is wrong for her to feel disrespected/worthless if you blatantly pull out a coupon or limit what she can order to eat on a first date?...
inviting a female to a nice dinner on a date, doesnt equate being a sugar daddy or a simp man..
you got the game ****** up

take that ***** off that pedestal

ksteezy you're bugging son.
women dont ask men on dates because it is deemed inappropriate by society.
it just doesn't happen and its the man's job.
that said if you can't have a good time without spending guap something is wrong. go for a walk, coffee, drinks, etc.
put it this way if you can't go to dinner and use a coupon now, what makes you think she's down with it 2 years later. money shouldn't be buying relationships

bruh....we are speaking of 12$ savings at the most....ya cant be serious, do ya eem like women? :lol:

you are looking at it from one end of the tunnel, do you think is wrong for her to feel disrespected/worthless if you blatantly pull out a coupon or limit what she can order to eat on a first date?...
inviting a female to a nice dinner on a date, doesnt equate being a sugar daddy or a simp man..
Im not getting that part... one minute its not trying to impress her etc... prove a point, but then say dont use a coupon etc save money... By not using the coupon etc.... that infact would be trying to prove a point etc...to her. Cause him using/not using the coupon doesnt change what he thinks of himself, so itwould be for her then. Then you said 20 bucks isnt nuttin and its cheap/ not a big deal, so if its so called cheap and not a big deal why not use the coupon. And if a women places her value on the cost of a meal....

Im not getting that part... one minute its not trying to impress her etc... prove a point, but then say dont use a coupon etc save money... By not using the coupon etc.... that infact would be trying to prove a point etc...to her. Cause him using/not using the coupon doesnt change what he thinks of himself, so itwould be for her then. Then you said 20 bucks isnt nuttin and its cheap/ not a big deal, so if its so called cheap and not a big deal why not use the coupon. And if a women places her value on the cost of a meal....

its a first date man....if you are a penny pincher and have no problems letting that be known on a first date then thats you, cool....

but you really gonna judge a female and say shes not down to earth, materialistic because she feels a certain way when you pay for your dinner and pull out a coupon to pay for hers?....

bruh....we are speaking of 12$ savings at the most....ya cant be serious, do ya eem like women? :lol:

this is 100% your problem son.

if i told you you can have 12 dollar off an article of clothes or you can pay the full price you're telling me you'd walk in the store and say no don't scan the coupon?

you're being fake for a chick. just admit it. you're too good to save money.

I want to look my best for a chick too. Would I use a coupon? Na, cause I know how it makes me look but the whole idea is stupid. too good to save a few bucks... :smh:

nothing wrong with using coupons, **** id have no problems paying for my girls dinner with a coupon...but on a first date?...why?...what point are YOU trying to prove and why would you blame any girl or judge her if she never accepts a second date?

So it is ok for you to pay for a girls dinner with a coupon after you guys have been established, but not right away? I disagree. The problem with most relationships and the reason why most relationships fail are because people front and act like they are someone or something when they aren't, and eventually get tired of it. It's not about proving a point, its about him being himself. So if this man has a coupon for Red Lobster and that is where they are going, why should he FRONT like he doesn't? Why can't he be himself and use it right away? And why can't he put the female in position to be herself, and see if she is shallow enough to have an issue with it?

I just asked my girl the same question, and she said there was nothing wrong with it. I picked a winner

What I'm trying to achieve... is saving money using a little slip of paper that says I don't have to pay full price for something.

We can use that extra money to go bowling or get some desert on the street later that night. It doesn't matter. How are you going to let a coupon rot in your wallet because your ego/fear of what she thinks of you overcome your common sense to save money effortlessly?

first days are for good impressions, same goes for a first day at a new job, is it really frowned upon to go a little extra to impress someone you want to get to know, that doesnt always mean drop money, you can very well attempt to impress a woman and not drop a dime and be successful, like its been said, walks in the park, an outdorr movie, a picnic...some of these things can be far more impressive and way cheaper than even a date at Red Lobster, but if YOU chose to take her to Red Lobster is it really "simping" to save that coupon for when you go with your friends and pay for her dinner??...is that what you guys call "placing the P on a pedestal"

having a personality will get you much farther with a woman than spending all your bread on her. she'll just think youre a sucker. cause you are a sucker.

What I'm trying to achieve... is saving money using a little slip of paper that says I don't have to pay full price for something.

We can use that extra money to go bowling or get some desert on the street later that night. It doesn't matter. How are you going to let a coupon rot in your wallet because your ego/fear of what she thinks of you overcome your common sense to save money effortlessly?
And bomb there goes the dynamite... Thats simply all it is.....I mean on a board where we have ppl constantly asking for discounts on free papa john pizza codes, saving 5-10 bucks on a video game, request on saving on covers for iphones... and hell threads on places who offering free sandwhiches/sides etc at fast food places amongst other places.... Are now ssaying using a coupon on a date is cheap lol..... the irony of it all. So i guess its not cheap to scour the internet city etc... to save 5-10 bucks or so... on the latest xbox360 game. but do the same on a 30 or so food bill, then all of a suddn folks turn they nose up and its cheap acting. This is the same site ppl posting in a dress better etc saying buying used clothes to save a few bucks..... but using a coupon on a dinner date is cheap...

I see what it really is dudes be cheaping out, cutting corners etc... on every aspect of their personal lives so they can spend it on chicks... so they so call say not to impress them, simp, or prove a point.  But hey whatever works in ya favor.

It's not about the money, it's the principle. You can shower a woman with as much money or gifts you want. But if the respect is not there, you mind as well be a sugar daddy.

You don't seem to get my point. I made it a point to do it nonchalantly like it's how he normally is, not like he saved this coupon just for this occasion. That way it won't look "disrespectful". If he can comfortably do this with the woman, that makes her feel that he is comfortable being around her and possibly settling down with her. And you're right paying for a dinner does not equate to being a simp or sugar daddy. However, going out of your way to spend money that's not necessary is.

So it is ok for you to pay for a girls dinner with a coupon after you guys have been established, but not right away? I disagree. The problem with most relationships and the reason why most relationships fail are because people front and act like they are someone or something when they aren't, and eventually get tired of it. It's not about proving a point, its about him being himself. So if this man has a coupon for Red Lobster and that is where they are going, why should he FRONT like he doesn't? Why can't he be himself and use it right away? And why can't he put the female in position to be herself, and see if she is shallow enough to have an issue with it?
I just asked my girl the same question, and she said there was nothing wrong with it. I picked a winner

you are wrong, just because you put that coupon away to save 12$ on some fake lobster meat and paid the full meal ticket, doesnt mean you are hiding some crazy secret about your personality, i mean ya seriously gonna act like on every first date you are as transparent as a piece of glass?....you just lay everything good and bad on the table for the sake of KEEPIN IT REAL?....lettuce be cereal...

nope i would never use a coupon on a first date, specially if its someone id like to get to know further, yes i would use a coupon on a random dinner date with my girl now, we are more comfortable with eachother, we know eachother, she knows im not cheap and i know shes not materialistic, so pulling out a coupon wont have any type of reflection on my personality at that point.....on a first date everything she does or you do is a reflection of your personality, im sure if she likes you shes also trying to set a good first impression, perhaps with people she knows she devours buffalo wings, but on a first date she skipped out on it because she didnt want to come off as a slob....

WHAT IS SO WRONG ABOUT DOING A LITTLE EXTRA TO SET A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION?

btw im in a successful marriage, so your theory about failed relationships is flawed.

first days are for good impressions, same goes for a first day at a new job, is it really frowned upon to go a little extra to impress someone you want to get to know, that doesnt always mean drop money, you can very well attempt to impress a woman and not drop a dime and be successful, like its been said, walks in the park, an outdorr movie, a picnic...some of these things can be far more impressive and way cheaper than even a date at Red Lobster, but if YOU chose to take her to Red Lobster is it really "simping" to save that coupon for when you go with your friends and pay for her dinner??...is that what you guys call "placing the P on a pedestal"
not quite the same as a job. one a job is investing money into you with the hopes of a return interest... the chick is investing nothing but time and in return so are you... unless you are suggesting her time is more valuable then yours. also a job wouldnt care if you was "cheap", its not like midway thru the interview they would ask... so did you pay full mark retail price for your suit, and if not, despite your qualifications etc... we wont hire you. And if the whole premise of the date is to get to know him the real him.... then the real him uses coupons. So basically you saying he should not be himself and kinda play up being someone he isnt until he has her long enough etc... and slowly show who he really is as a person. Like ease into being real and being himself.

having a personality will get you much farther with a woman than spending all your bread on her. she'll just think youre a sucker. cause you are a sucker.

fam...once again, we are speaking of at the most 12$ savings, what are you talking about?....

htxrh.jpg

not quite the same as a job. one a job is investing money into you with the hopes of a return interest... the chick is investing nothing but time and in return so are you... unless you are suggesting her time is more valuable then yours. also a job wouldnt care if you was "cheap", its not like midway thru the interview they would ask... so did you pay full mark retail price for your suit, and if not, despite your qualifications etc... we wont hire you. And if the whole premise of the date is to get to know him the real him.... then the real him uses coupons. So basically you saying he should not be himself and kinda play up being someone he isnt until he has her long enough etc... and slowly show who he really is as a person. Like ease into being real and being himself.

its about first impressions man, FIRST IMPRESSIONS...guarantee none of us are as equally productive in our jobs, 4 years in.....we must have set a front and lied about the type of worker our resume stated.

you guys are saying its a bad thing to hold off on using a coupon on a first date....based on what?...is this really setting yourself up for failure?... :\

Ksteezy, let's say you and some young lady walk out of Red Lobster, of course after you just paid full price while having a coupon in your wallet. There is a man outside selling flowers, he approaches you and asks if you want to buy some for the woman you are with. How would you react?

you are wrong, just because you put that coupon away to save 12$ on some fake lobster meat and paid the full meal ticket, doesnt mean you are hiding some crazy secret about your personality, i mean ya seriously gonna act like on every first date you are as transparent as a piece of glass?....you just lay everything good and bad on the table for the sake of KEEPIN IT REAL?....lettuce be cereal...
nope i would never use a coupon on a first date, specially if its someone id like to get to know further, yes i would use a coupon on a random dinner date with my girl now, we are more comfortable with eachother, we know eachother, she knows im not cheap and i know shes not materialistic, so pulling out a coupon wont have any type of reflection on my personality at that point.....on a first date everything she does or you do is a reflection of your personality, im sure if she likes you shes also trying to set a good first impression, perhaps with people she knows she devours buffalo wings, but on a first date she skipped out on it because she didnt want to come off as a slob....
WHAT IS SO WRONG ABOUT DOING A LITTLE EXTRA TO SET A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION?
btw im in a successful marriage, so your theory about failed relationships is flawed.
but often times that does lead to breakups... a man does act do things and slowly stop doing them.... The he dont do this, etc... like when we first started dating. So that coin is 2 fold. Iuno your marriage situation maybe u went above beyond the call of duty the first date and just kept it going, and continue to do so. If he has no intentions of keeping something up, his best bet is to never start it. I mean u have women upset leaving dudes cause of stuff like he dont suprise me with flowers anymore... a cheap,inexpensive gesture... that a guy might of did to impress, that because he didnt keep it up ended up biting him in the butt.

:lol: at what this turned into

Why dont you just go to the bathroom in the middle of eating and slide the coupon to the waiter without her seeing it?

win/win :smokin

Back
Top Bottom