Does Nike have plans on releasing anymore of Andre Agassi's sneakers?

IMO, the Challenge Court apparel line is Nike's best ever.
The retros will never compare to the OGs because the elimination of the flaming ball logo.

What's the deal behind that anyway?

Originally Posted by pdot

The retros will never compare to the OGs because the elimination of the flaming ball logo.

Im wondering the same thing? any info court heads?

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

people often forget about the 2000 retro of the air tech challenge IV. it was great, even though it was only one colorway. pretty much perfect.

too bad they're next to impossible to find now.

hol' up... i am not aware of any ATC4 retro. u must be talking about a different shoe, or please provide pics for reference b/c had they released i'd like to think i'd have known.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

people often forget about the 2000 retro of the air tech challenge IV. it was great, even though it was only one colorway. pretty much perfect.

hol' up... i am not aware of any ATC4 retro. u must be talking about a different shoe, or please provide pics for reference b/c had they released i'd like to think i'd have known.

nerd.gif
OG

nike-air-max-90-custom-air-tech-challenge-20-8.jpg
nike-air-max-90-custom-air-tech-challenge-20-10.jpg

2000 retro

air_tech_challenge_retro_1.jpg
air_tech_challenge_retro_4.jpg
air_tech_challenge_retro_2.jpg

As far as I know, the main difference being OG being a mid-cut/retro low-cut, the heel colors, the tongue (OG white/retro blue) and the other details color/design differences on the upper.  

Rob1ne wrote:
pdot wrote:

Im wondering the same thing? any info court heads?

As for this, the initial speculation was that the flaming-ball logo was designed with/for Agassi, but since he's switched to Adidas, it was thought that it might have been a copyright issue.  
That speculation was thrown out when Nike released these later on... so really, who knows.
eyes.gif

This jacket is a real wreck though, IMO.
30t6p3b.gif

nike-challenge-court-varsity-jacket-1.jpg

604.JPG

nerd.gif

WOW THE CHALLENGE LWP!! I HAD THOSE BACK WHEN THEY CAME OUT!! WOW MEMORIES.... THE AIR FLARES ARE A REALLY NICE SHOE... WOULDNT MIND GRABBING UP A PAIR... IF THEY ONLY MADE 15'S !!!!!!! :-(

efb153e0b2ea9ccf581333489ed394294b13813.jpg

My Dad's OG ATC4 that he customized (around the air bubble) when they started to chip.  So filthy.
pimp.gif

^ Now those are rare. Were they a Euro release? I think the black/grey Air Challenge Huaraches were a Euro exclusive.
Cool Supreme Courts up there as well... I had those back in the day.

This thread got me interested to jump back in time a bit. Once you do that, you realize that Nike Tennis had so many classics that are still yet to be retroed. You start to look at all of the Agassi's then jump around a bit.
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/museum/
Mac Attacks
Air Ace (jordan III midsole)
Air Play (theres a pair on ebay. hybrid that uses a ATC II like midsole
Air Challenge Pro

90% of these each had a High and a Low set of colorways.. Nike hasn't even touched the tip of the iceberg in regards to Tennis Retros. I guess that leaves hope for the future

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Now those are rare. Were they a Euro release? I think the black/grey Air Challenge Huaraches were a Euro exclusive.

Not that I know of.  I recently found out they were rare, which was weird to me because they were on clearance everywhere in Dayton, OH a few months after they released.  My pops had/has them, I had them, my older brother had a pair too.

Wally: these Air Aces are slick (also still in the family):
252159eeb1e298c7d7129493e8ad6b3739ad634.pjpg

b7625a1e69b38e5c9e8c1872f2359f49ae60a9f.pjpg

ef8159e8bae991cae961c871a756a26c3baecb0.pjpg

Originally Posted by jcliz

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Not that I know of.  I recently found out they were rare, which was weird to me because they were on clearance everywhere in Dayton, OH a few months after they released.  My pops had/has them, I had them, my older brother had a pair too.
Strange how they hit the outlets for you guys back then... Overall, they were a relatively unknown colorway.
Wally ~ yeah, they had a lot of random / lower-tier tennis kicks back then.  There was actually a market for them!  Various models for the different kids, coaches, pros, collegiate player, etc.  But like any biz, its all about supply and demand.  They still have a lot of 2nd tier tennis shoes now, but way less than what we had back then.  Doubt we'll ever see those random models retroed.

Just want to chime in on this thread. I loved the Agassi line for quite a while. I had the Tech Challenge 3 in the hot lime colorway. I remember watching the US Open, French Open, etc. and watching him play in those shoes. I never got the ATC 4 but I did have the Challenge Huaraches, Air Alarm, Air Flare, the Air Zoom Challenge, Zoom Challenge 2, LWPs, Challenge Future, you name it. I even had the matching headband and shirt with the hot lime ATC 3 color way. I still do have the Air Flare. I still also have the mini brochure for both the ATC 3 and ATC 4 collections. ;-)

Hoping Nike does more retros!

Last edited:
I would cop Challenge LWPs like everyone else said but also the Zoom Beyond and Pounce.  I know everyone here has been talking about the older Agassi's, which are dope, but I'm a fan of the Beyonds and Pounces too!

Just want to chime in on this thread. I loved the Agassi line for quite a while. I had the Tech Challenge 3 in the hot lime colorway. I remember watching the US Open, French Open, etc. and watching him play in those shoes. I never got the ATC 4 but I did have the Challenge Huaraches, Air Alarm, Air Flare, the Air Zoom Challenge, Zoom Challenge 2, LWPs, Challenge Future, you name it. I even had the matching headband and shirt with the hot lime ATC 3 color way. I still do have the Air Flare. I still also have the mini brochure for both the ATC 3 and ATC 4 collections. ;-)

Hoping Nike does more retros!
Nice!

I had a lot of his shoes back in the day too.  Man, I miss playing in mid-cut tennis shoes.  I even had the full-outfits too, with the denim shorts and spandex! LOL

I still have my Air Flares, but they were the first retros which had the Agassi "A" on the tongue.  I also still have the Air Assailant (one of my faves), but the upper appears to be slowly detaching itself from the outsole (circa 1999).  Heart-breaking.

Back
Top Bottom