Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Darkening some Black Polka Dots on AM90 Safari Print

Before:

After:

Last edited:
Do you still do restorations? I think i have some old concords which should be a challenge for you.

Do you still do restorations? I think i have some old concords which should be a challenge for you.
I definitely do,

Only local stuff though
ohwell.gif

Man, i live in NJ so i guess im out of luck lol
Shoot me a PM,
Maybe I can recommend you a restorer closer to you or answer any other questions you may have
good jobs man!

but can't we just mail to you and you mail back? :frown:

Technically you could but It really does complicate things,
Shipping from Canada to the US is so expensive, not to mention shipping would have to be twice

Maybe one day I`ll figure something out about out of country restorations... but for now, there are tons of other restorers better than me out there in the US, you just gotta look out for them!

Last edited:
Peabrain what do you use for yellowed soles? I have some Dunks that need a little love.

Peabrain what do you use for yellowed soles? I have some Dunks that need a little love.
Hey NC,

For general cleaning of dirty soles, soap and water always did the trick

If you're looking to bring back the original colour of discoloured rubber, then retrobrite is what you need

Hey NC,

For general cleaning of dirty soles, soap and water always did the trick

If you're looking to bring back the original colour of discoloured rubber, then retrobrite is what you need

Yea I have discoloration(notice the difference in "color" lol). Thanks. I guess I need to learn how to make retrobrite.

Yea I have discoloration(notice the difference in "color" lol). Thanks. I guess I need to learn how to make retrobrite.
A couple pages back I retrobrited the soles of a pair of AM 95s I was working on to get the original colour of the rubber soles back,

It worked wonders

As for Retrobrite...

Now there is 2 ways of making Retrobrite that Ive found

The first way is with Hydrogen Perox in the Liquid form:

Oxiclean

Hydrogen Peroxide Liquid

Baking soda

Old Toothbrush (or something similar to apply the mixture on shoes)

Saran Wrap

and a Plastic Cup

Few tips:

When you microwave the hydrogen peroxide and Baking Soda, do it in 15 second increments

This is because everyones microwave is different, some are stronger, some arent 

You will end up with a better consistency of gel if you do it in increments

Also,  When you apply the Oxiclean, it may foam up... a lot, so keep an eye on it, because it tends to overflow

The second way is similar to the first but instead of Hyrdrogen Perox Liquid, you get the cream version

All you have to do is mix the cream with the oxiclean

No microwaving or baking soda (thicking agent) needed

Obviously the second way is a lot easier but I've found that sometimes at the sallys beauty salons that I get my Peroxide at

They sell out of the cream version fast

Also, they're some good videos on youtube of people making Retrobrite, so check them out!

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I haven't left general in some years now but I went threw every post on this thread. Great restorations guys

A longgg overdue update on a pair of Grape 5's for the man who instilled the confidence in me to start taking restoring more seriously...

Dont think I forgot about you Adam!

Wow! You never cease to amaze me! I appreciate the kind words but you should have had all the confidence from your unbelievable skills! Hope everything is going good with you. Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Thank you so much!

Wow! You never cease to amaze me! I appreciate the kind words but you should have had all the confidence from your unbelievable skills! Hope everything is going good with you. Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Thank you so much!
No thank you!

And definitely soon, we have much to catch up on!

Back
Top Bottom