Done Deal? Jose Reyes reportedly agrees to sign with the Marlins....

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Doubt it. That would be some serious breaking news.

It's been going around that he's close on a 3 year deal.

I know but if the contract was actually signed, it would be a big deal. I have about 4 people ready to call and laugh at me the moment it happens.

Seeing that video with him wearing that Marlins hard hat had me
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Doubt it. That would be some serious breaking news.

It's been going around that he's close on a 3 year deal.
Wow, he's getting bad advice if that's true. I assume his agent is looking to maximize potential career earnings by planning to get him another max per annum contract at age 31, but for a guy with past injury problems that seems entirely too risky. 
I understand what the Marlins are trying to do here with all the high profile changes, but it's doomed to fail from the business perspective. Miami isn't a loyal sports town, and no matter what they do, they will not get the local support they desire. Even in their best years they had below average attendance numbers. Spending big on all these FAs in this market will soon create a situation where costs exceed revenue, and so having exhausted all means of drubbing up support/profit, the owner will 'pull the plug' in the face of declining equity

Originally Posted by JPZx

If all things fall into place...

Ozzie Guillen hired, Jose Reyes signs, and Albert Pujols signs.

Greatest off-season ever? Yeah, the Red Sox, Yankees, and Phillies have had multiple off-seasons where they have absolutely raked, but neither team has ever recruited the best player in baseball, the best middle infielder in baseball, and one of the most respected managers in baseball... all in a span of 4-5 months.
Best middle infielder?  IDK about that.

laugh.gif
you're right about one of the best ever.

I can't say I am surprised. I wish Reyes all the best. One of my favorite Mets players. Well, the Mets won't get Marlins' first round pick (#9) since top 15 picks are protected. It means the Mets will get two draft picks for Reyes (a sandwich pick and Marlins' second round pick).
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

Where did the Marlins get this money, doubled their payroll signing 1 player
eek.gif

We always had money, the owner never wanted to spend. Now that there is a new stadium opening up, he's forced to spend them money.

this story isn't true, it was debunked.

For now this isn't confirmed so don't get your hopes up

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

Where did the Marlins get this money, doubled their payroll signing 1 player
eek.gif

Because Loria has been pocketing the shared revenue money instead of spending it for years, and at the same time blackmailing Florida lawmakers and taxpayers for a new stadium while pleading poverty.  This guy is complete scum.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Report: Marlins bid six years, $90 million for Jose Reyes ... as starting point. Details: es.pn/trIsAi #mets #marlins

dude thats 15 mil a year. i know its a starting point but thats pathetic if we cant even match that.

Back
Top Bottom